SHIFT 2 release date announced

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2 release date announced

Post by Hydro_PT »

According to VirtualR - Sim Racing News, Need for Speed SHIFT 2 will be released in Europe on 10 March 2011. There is no release date for the United States yet.
EA has announced the release date for Slightly Mad Studio's upcoming Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed title that will be available in Europe starting March 10.

While European racers have to wait less than 9 weeks to get their hands on the new title, a release date for the United States doesn't seem to be available yet. Amazon.com lists Shift 2 Unleashed to be released on March 31, it's somewhat unlikely that American buyers have to wait three weeks longer though.

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed will include the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship & GT3 European Championship among lots of other racing content, new features include a new helmet camera, night racing and more realistic physics. The second Shift title will be available for the PC, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3.
Last edited by Hydro_PT on 06 Jan 2011, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT 2 release date announced

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hmm, sooner then expected, at least from my point of view. Do we even have much info yet?

Obviously the sooner the better, but you'd hope they'd leave sufficient time for polishing and bug fixing, we all know how frustrating a unfinished game release is.
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

I'm still not bored with NFS Hot Pursuit and new one coming sooner than expected.
[TemporaryACC]
Ricer
Ricer

Post by [TemporaryACC] »

r4ptor85 wrote:I'm still not bored with NFS Hot Pursuit
What's your secret? O.o

Anyway umm Shift yay awesome -.-
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

r4ptor85 wrote:I'm still not bored with NFS Hot Pursuit and new one coming sooner than expected.
Neither am I, still need to reach Level 20 on both careers and complete 4 milestones. :mrgreen:

As for SHIFT 2, I think it is a bit too soon to release it, but only they (SMS) know when it is the right time to release the game. I don't mind playing SHIFT 2 this March, but there isn't yet much info about it, so in the next two months we will have for sure a lot of information regarding SHIFT 2. I'm curious to see what they are going to do, especially what kind of cars we will be able to drive and the tracks available. :)

@[TemporaryACC]: Well apart from reaching 100% completion, the Autolog is indeed a nice feature, I keep competing with my friends just to set a better time. I must admit it sounded a bit dull when I first heard about it, but it is indeed very competitive. Too bad none of my friends in Hot Pursuit is a real friend, but it is still nice to compete.

The online is also a lot of fun. The only bad thing is that you cannot chat online. Yes, the PC version does not have any kind of chat - pretty weird for a game that wants to revolutionize the multiplayer...

If you are bored with Hot Pursuit I think you should give these features a try. Maybe you get hooked. ;)
[TemporaryACC]
Ricer
Ricer

Post by [TemporaryACC] »

You forgot to mention that the multiplayer is broken... as it has always been :-/ As for Speedbook, meh.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

What do you mean by "broken multiplayer"? Apart from the lack of chat, I find it very amusing and easy to use. You pick a game mode, a car class and off you go. The game chooses the tracks and the side for you, so you just have to relax and enjoy. No ranked matches or leaderboards, just good fun.

At least that's what I think about the multiplayer. :)
[TemporaryACC]
Ricer
Ricer

Post by [TemporaryACC] »

Hydro_PT wrote:What do you mean by "broken multiplayer"? Apart from the lack of chat, I find it very amusing and easy to use. You pick a game mode, a car class and off you go. The game chooses the tracks and the side for you, so you just have to relax and enjoy. No ranked matches or leaderboards, just good fun.

At least that's what I think about the multiplayer. :)
That's in theory. In reality the multiplayer offers a wide variety of lag, game freezes, loss of connection and barely anybody playing. And the lack of a chat is a major flaw.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

No, it is not in theory. I haven't experienced lag, game freezing, loss of connection or barely anybody playing. It is actually rare for me to find a lobby that is not full (unless I play at 2 or 3 AM, it is harder to find players at that time, especially Europeans - but there are still some around from Japan and USA, mostly).

Don't know what's wrong with your game, but I guarantee mine works perfectly and I never had those problems. And I have spent quite some time playing Hot Pursuit online.

I mean, of course that sometimes there's a player lagging around the track, but that's absolutely normal. The game never froze (only in singleplayer, once) and I never had a disconnection from Autolog. :\
[TemporaryACC]
Ricer
Ricer

Post by [TemporaryACC] »

Well I've been having them, and my internet isn't exactly low-end...

IDK I've pretty much been having the same problems I've been having in other NFS games as well, difference with HP2010 is that I don't get map loading bugs anymore.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Quite odd indeed, considering we have barely any info on it yet.

Which means we can expect a tidal wave of info and promotion coming very soon.
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ficko88 »

Nice!
I think I'll wait for some reviews, then give it a try.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

ficko88 wrote:Nice!
NOTE: EA can afford really big bribes.
Orkbulrog13
Stock
Stock

Post by Orkbulrog13 »

honestly by the end off march i should be tired of gt5 and honestly cant wait for shift 2 i just hope ps3 gets ferraris this time not just xbox because what they did with last shift was stupid.
Reemus
Donator
Donator

Post by Reemus »

It's almost enough .. March 10 ... but I'm very looking forward to because I am tired of hot pursuit at all I rather like the lines on the chase with the police and have you just wait :D
http://plasticcarmodels.blogspot.com/
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Orkbulrog13 wrote:honestly by the end off march i should be tired of gt5 and honestly cant wait for shift 2 i just hope ps3 gets ferraris this time not just xbox because what they did with last shift was stupid.

Cough, and PC.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

yay new nfs, still havent really got into HP though lol. hope shift 2 has better tuning
Instagram @SupraHKS
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ficko88 »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:
ficko88 wrote:Nice!
NOTE: EA can afford really big bribes.
When I say "reviews", I mean GameTrailers' video review. So I spare myself from reading. :D

Return to “News”