SHIFT 2 Unleased Career Trailer

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2 Unleased Career Trailer

Post by Bojan »

http://www.youtube.com/v/zmiC7spFEm8&&r ... &version=3[/embed]
The Career trailer gives you a sneak peak of what you're up against in the SHIFT 2 Unleashed™ career. Before you take on some of the real life racers appearing in SHIFT 2 you're going to first have to make a name for yourself at the grass roots level. Once you've got a few races under your belt you can tailor your career to the events that best fit your racing style. Dominant different racing disciplines such as Drifting, Circuits or Time Attack and drive some of the hottest real world racing cars in the World. once you're ready take it to the next level you compete in the FIA GT3 or GT1 World Championship. Let's see how far you can take it!
Also check out the just launched official SHIFT 2 Unleashed website.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT 2 Unleased Career Trailer

Post by Hydro_PT »

IGN also has a preview of the game, focusing on the career and helmet camera. It's very small but still interesting. I highlighted the two important bits:
Shift 2 retains some of the most popular elements of its predecessor – experience points, leveling, badges for performance, visceral driver/track interaction – and piles on the realism. There's now a full Elite simulation mode that nips at the heels of Forza and Gran Turismo. Full damage is now available, allowing for race-ending crashes. Debris will litter the road after a wreck, and you can shred a tire if you're already worn too thin. The physics are improved, the artificial intelligence is smarter and there are stat meters, upgrades and tweaks galore.
[...] the Shift 2 helmet cam is not for everyone. It's different. It's scary. It takes some getting used to. It bounces around. It forces you to pay attention. And it's the closest I've come to feeling the virtual fear of driving fast. The helmet cam isn't just a change in perspective. When you're nearing a turn, the camera gently looks toward the apex, pulling your field of vision into the right racing line. Once you're there, it reorients to straight ahead in the exit. The cam also blurs your vision at the edges as you reach high speeds, simulating the tunnel vision effect racers feel on the track.
Again this all looks very similar to what people said about SHIFT 1. I've seen new cars in the trailers and night racing, but pretty much everything else is the same, or there are just small improvements. As for the helmet camera, it seriously starts to annoy me, all this pub around a single feature, which is not even unique because other games feature bouncing cameras with a "look-to-apex" movement. SHIFT 1 also had this kind of camera, it was good but not perfect. This looks like a small update to that and yet they are bragging around like they have invented something totally new.

I hope they don't focus too much on the camera, because there are other thingss that need work. Proper IA, decent physics and true simulation, not only in driving but things like tire and engine temperature, fuel consumption, pit stops, tires being worn out, car setup, etc, etc.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Re: SHIFT 2 Unleased Career Trailer

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Excuse me but, has Gittin ever played a video game? Let alone a racing game?

Return to “News”