Rumour: Complete SHIFT 2 Cars and Tracks List

[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Rumour: Complete SHIFT 2 Cars and Tracks List

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

YaelDjiel wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:...TBH im waiting for a street racing game with tuning + a sim driving model + full damage etc.
U1 style game + shift physics(and interior!) = win ?
Plus huge variety of customization (without the retarded parts) and cops, yeah win.

@Dr Houbenheimer

I didn't insult him, read that again carefully. And saying that a game is boring or not isn't a matter of taste. Now I'm sure you're gonna ask me why I think simulators are boring, answer: they idea of simulator isn't, but most simulators so far have proved boring because there's nothing to do other than racing the same tracks until they run dry, which happens very fast.

Pro Street was somewhat entertaining, I finished the career twice without complaining about the plot...
Forza has a bit of potential too, customizing cars and selling them might be entertaining for some...

But Shift, Gran Turismo, and especially GRID... I had more fun taking a dump than I've had with those.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:And saying that a game is boring or not isn't a matter of taste. Now I'm sure you're gonna ask me why I think simulators are boring, answer: they idea of simulator isn't, but most simulators so far have proved boring because there's nothing to do other than racing the same tracks until they run dry, which happens very fast.

Pro Street was somewhat entertaining, I finished the career twice without complaining about the plot...
Forza has a bit of potential too, customizing cars and selling them might be entertaining for some...

But Shift, Gran Turismo, and especially GRID... I had more fun taking a dump than I've had with those.
Let me read that again. You say that someone's opinion about how boring a game is is not a matter of taste? WTF? Of course it is a matter of taste. :shock:

You say that a simulator is boring; I say it isn't. Who's right? No one, because this is an opinion. Oh and let me tell you, there's plenty more in a simulator than just racing the same tracks over and over again. But I will not lose my time explaining that, seeing as you seem to have something against simulators or racing games in general lol.

Btw, both SHIFT and GRID are not simulators, let alone ProStreet. Also, I don't understand how you can say that a simulator is boring but an arcade game like GRID, which is actually known for its fun, addiction and lack of boredom is boring to you. Do you have something against racing games which do not involve tuning / illegal street races? :mrgreen:

Either that or you have a very "selective" taste. :D
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

YaelDjiel wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:...TBH im waiting for a street racing game with tuning + a sim driving model + full damage etc.
U1 style game + shift physics(and interior!) = win ?
Well... 1st I would recommend to create NFS Underground 3 & maybe [brandnew] or [GRID-based] Physics, because SH!FT's Physics were a Way too real 4 Me... - the Driving-Physics have to be Player friendly - in GRID those where optimal 4 Me... & about the NFS World... I told it already before! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Hydro_PT wrote:
[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:And saying that a game is boring or not isn't a matter of taste. Now I'm sure you're gonna ask me why I think simulators are boring, answer: they idea of simulator isn't, but most simulators so far have proved boring because there's nothing to do other than racing the same tracks until they run dry, which happens very fast.

Let me read that again. You say that someone's opinion about how boring a game is is not a matter of taste? WTF? Of course it is a matter of taste. :shock:

You say that a simulator is boring; I say it isn't. Who's right? No one, because this is an opinion. Oh and let me tell you, there's plenty more in a simulator than just racing the same tracks over and over again. But I will not lose my time explaining that, seeing as you seem to have something against simulators or racing games in general lol.

Btw, both SHIFT and GRID are not simulators, let alone ProStreet. Also, I don't understand how you can say that a simulator is boring but an arcade game like GRID, which is actually known for its fun, addiction and lack of boredom is boring to you. Do you have something against racing games which do not involve tuning / illegal street races? :mrgreen:

Either that or you have a very "selective" taste. :D
Lol if you find driving on an empty track over and over again entertaining, good for you. And I don't care if they aren't actually simulators (I know they aren't) but officially, on every single gaming site they are called simulators so I call them simulators too. I thought that was obvious...

And Shift's physics are a lot better than GRID's, don't know if they are more realistic or not, but in GRID I couldn't drive 100 meters without crashing, wile in Shift I beat every race from the 1st attempt... too bad I got bored half way in the game...

Gah forget it I'm not getting anywhere with ya.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Lol if you find driving on an empty track over and over again entertaining, good for you. And I don't care if they aren't actually simulators (I know they aren't) but officially, on every single gaming site they are called simulators so I call them simulators too. I thought that was obvious...

And Shift's physics are a lot better than GRID's, don't know if they are more realistic or not, but in GRID I couldn't drive 100 meters without crashing, wile in Shift I beat every race from the 1st attempt... too bad I got bored half way in the game...

Gah forget it I'm not getting anywhere with ya.
Empty track? The best and most challenging AI is present in simulators, and you say empty track? Not to talk about the online and the communities, I just had a 40 minute race with some friends and it was very good. I also have an upcoming endurance event of 120 minutes. Empty track you say? :D

In every gaming site, neither GRID nor SHIFT are called simulators. They are usually defined as a mix of both types (arcade and simulation), but sometimes they are defined as arcade (GRID mainly). I don't remember seeing SHIFT being labelled as "simulator". It might have happened though. But that doesn't make them simulators, and calling them so is wrong (this is unlike an opinion, this is a fact). :P

Yeah SHIFT's physics are more realistic, except when it comes to accidents. GRID is awesome for accidents, never seen an engine that good for crashes and realistic rollovers. That's something simulators lack a lot, decent crash physics.

Both games are not easy to master, especially without a wheel. I tried both with my keyboard and couldn't actually drive. It was more crashing than driving.

Oh no hard feelings eh? This is just a healthy argument, at least on my part. :)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I can see that it's well and truly a fair debate from your perspective Hydro, but TUN3R is a being a bit to dogmatic to bother having a conversation with.

And yes, I did read carefully, you said, and I quote:
Oh and if GTA seems boring to you then you're hopeless sorry
I'm sure he found no offense to it, as I said previously, it was mild and weak, but what your doing is dissing any opinion other to your own. Your opinion is not fact, neither is anybody elses, it's a matter of taste.

Ah, this is petty... :P
Reemus
Donator
Donator

Post by Reemus »

Personally I think that SHIFT2 and people who work on this game want that this game can be somethin like GT5 for PS3
http://plasticcarmodels.blogspot.com/
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

This car list is not big enough for me to take this as a danger to GT5.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

I can't say I've played GT5 (but ive seen enough videos to make a judgement), I have played GT1 to 3 and I can say that at least to me the GT series are not simulations as the handling of the cars are too floaty (the newer games look the same just better graphics and the ai look shocking).
Ive played pc sim games and own gt legends and gtr evolution and comparing those games with gt series (baring in mind im playing all of them with a game pad not wheel) they feel much more realistic to me.
I would put Shift in the sim category with a flavour of arcade (more sim then arcade) but the crash detection needs some work, drifting is too difficult and unrealistic to me (on game pad that is), ive had a little experience on drifting (well sliding on mud that is in a controlled environment).
GRID is defiantly an arcade game with a touch of sim, but a very fun game to play.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

just noticed this, the RX7 is labeled as 1995, but then it says it is a FC, which is completely wrong. xThis list doesnt seem reliable.
Instagram @SupraHKS
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Gran Turismo is... flat out boring...
TDU is The Sims with (poor) driving...
GTA IV is GTA IV don't ever compare it to NFS.

respect
Some pursue happpiness; others create it

Return to “News”