Drag coming to SHIFT2 as DLC?

TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: Drag coming to SHIFT2 as DLC?

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@TUN3R!-o

You're don't even try to help Me - Why give up so really early? :?:
We got a Community right here to move Things into right Pos.! 8)

It all is not a matter of Luck - it's the matter from @ll of Us! :wink:
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 04 Apr 2011, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

We cant even make them release DLC for PC versions of NFS, and a new game would be just impossible.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yep, very true, the FnF fad has come and gone, and EA used it to great affect with UG 1+2, and have slowly eased away from that scene, from MW -> Prostreet -> Shift, it's been a slow progression away from the ricing/street culture and towards the more sim/track oriented games. Of course they've created some extra titles, namely Hot Pursuit, World and Nitro, that have bucked the trend (though not back towards the ricing scene), but Shift 2 Unleashed looks like the general direction for the future for the franchise.

Underground 1 and 2 were both quality games from the series, and as nice as it would be for EA to go back down that path, it's fair to say the company, as well as the majority of the audience, have finished with that era of the series.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

SHIFT 2 won't have any Future - I can promise You that... - maybe I am the One who believes into that but I won't give up fighting for a better NFS in the next Time - the Time will show all the Progresss! On YouTube there are a lot of Guys who want NFS UG3 to be the next NFS Part - I will support Them too!-o
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Lol don't get me wrong I'm with you on that, regardless of weather the Underground fashion is over or not (tbh I don't care if it is, it takes one only game / movie / etc to bring it back) but major corporations don't do what the fans tell them, as it should be (fans don't know s*it, if Rockstar had listened to the fans, GTA IV would have probably taken place in Canada, I hate Canada). No matter how many communities get involved EA's answer will always be the same:

I mean, let me put it this way, if EA do listen to us and deliver UG3, what guarantee do they have that people will buy it? If NFS fans are the only ones to buy it I doubt it will even cover the development costs...

Sure, an Underground theme would probably be open to a wider audience, but that's just a gamble...

I hope EA makes an Underground 3, but I've given up on NFS after Pro Street so I'm not getting my hopes up...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

If World survives for 1-2 years more, it will be like Underground 3 somewhat.

Most likely by that time there will be some more free content and performance tuning wont be so weird, more tuning options etc...
Maybe Drag/Drift. But it will take really long, just look how long it took them to get a tiny visual customization feature in, or team escape.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:If World survives for 1-2 years more, it will be like Underground 3 somewhat.

Most likely by that time there will be some more free content and performance tuning wont be so weird, more tuning options etc...
Maybe Drag/Drift. But it will take really long, just look how long it took them to get a tiny visual customization feature in, or team escape.
And 10 times more pay content... World is nothing like Underground, and will never be, World is just a bad joke.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Back on topic: Some cars were found in the game files, they aren't exactly hypercars though...

- Fiat Cinquecento
- Chevrolet Corsa
- Ford Pinto
- Volkswagen Polo
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^I read nfscars.net as well. :roll:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I hope EA makes an Underground 3, but I've given up on NFS after Pro Street so I'm not getting my hopes up...[/quote]
[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Lol don't get me wrong I'm with you on that, regardless of weather the Underground fashion is over or not (tbh I don't care if it is, it takes one only game / movie / etc to bring it back) but major corporations don't do what the fans tell them, as it should be (fans don't know s*it, if Rockstar had listened to the fans, GTA IV would have probably taken place in Canada, I hate Canada). No matter how many communities get involved EA's answer will always be the same:

I mean, let me put it this way, if EA do listen to us and deliver UG3, what guarantee do they have that people will buy it? If NFS fans are the only ones to buy it I doubt it will even cover the development costs...

Sure, an Underground theme would probably be open to a wider audience, but that's just a gamble...

I hope EA makes an Underground 3, but I've given up on NFS after Pro Street so I'm not getting my hopes up...
Funny to try read an unbiased view on EA coming from a guy with a 'EA Sucks' avatar :wink: EA is going to do what they believe is best for them as a business, and in 2003, that was riding on the popularity of the 'FnF/ricing/street racing' theme, and in 2011 its not, and so be it. I would genuinely like a solid return to UG, but for the reasons Stig mentioned earlier, it's unlikely to come to fruition.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

True,

Don't get me wrong I loved the UG series, and the original Underground the most of the 2, I played it over and over, same with U2, I still have Underground on my PC and when I get bored I blast around town in my little racer.

But I doubt it will ever be back, do I want a game with loads of custom parts etc, yeah I would love to pick bodykits and get loads of compact sportscars back etc. but not like Underground 2 had that was to much over the top for me, it was back then and sure is now, I grown past all the hydrolics, spinners and neons (never liked the spinners and hydro to begin with but ok)

I now get my tuning satisfaction from Forza 3 a lot of cars do have bodykit options (real ones) and countless of paint/sticker options to play with.
But it's still a simulator so fun and fast paced racing is not there....
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I share your opinion, Stig and Elven. I loved both Underground games, they are awesome and back in those years EA couldn't have done better. All the tuning/illegal street racing thing was hot, everyone liked a tuned car and the FnF movies helped to bring that culture to mainstream. EA simply took the ride and it worked. As much as I would love to see Underground 3, I don't think EA will do a game like that. They can return to illegal street racing and tuning in some way, but it won't be like Underground. Maybe something along the lines of Carbon/Undercover where you deal with cops and their efforts to stop illegal street racing. Tuning will still be present, but not as much as in Underground 1 and 2.

Let's see what Blackbox comes up with. I would love a Porsche Unleashed 2, to be honest. But I'm sure it won't happen (unfortunately). SMS got SHIFT, Criterion will continue to develop games along the lines of Hot Pursuit and Blackbox should continue with games that involve tuning and illegal street racing, like World. That's what I think anyway.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

@Dr.

I hate EA for other reasons...

@ElevenAvenger

I see what you did there. But I'll have to disappoint:

http://www.nfsaddons.com/shift2/
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Awww, you fell for that?
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Bojan wrote:Awww, you fell for that?
Wat. Oh noes. Please tell me it's not happening :(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hahaha. :mrgreen:
tool831
Ricer
Ricer

Post by tool831 »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Back on topic: Some cars were found in the game files, they aren't exactly hypercars though...
If you read the 1st page you would of seen the full DLC list in the first place. :wink:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Anyone knows how can we persuade EA to release this stuff for PC version?

They could sell it all in one package in a DVD box with a code inside or something, like they did with World recently.

So they would at least partially eliminate pirates and stuff.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:...

Anyone knows how can we persuade EA to release this stuff for PC version?

They could sell it all in one package in a DVD box with a code inside or something, like they did with World recently.

So they would at least partially eliminate pirates and stuff.
1st of all, you can't. Unless you're crazy enough to set their studio on fire. If you are, be my guest.

2nd, do you / EA / everybody else actually think that if their games wouldn't be pirated they would sell better? Keep dreaming. For EA's games in particular, I don't know anybody who's dumb enough to buy them without... you know... doing that thing that's illegal and I can't talk about, first. It's good publicity, and it's free.

3rd. that DVD thing you mentioned, it won't work. It will just make people hate EA more.
tool831
Ricer
Ricer

Post by tool831 »

Slight Mad Studio's has a small render of each car, this included all DLC.

So here is a teaser. *I enlarged the images*

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Offtopic: While we're at it, does anyone know why when I clicked on [T][N][3][R]'s profile, it comes up with a 'User Does Not Exist'?

I was just bringing it up because I was going to post on another thread about how negative his comments are towards the franchise and EA, that it's gotten to an almost trollish extent :)

Ontopic: (yet still not entirely constructive) -

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:
Bojan wrote:Awww, you fell for that?

Wat. Oh noes. Please tell me it's not happening :(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Looooool. :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I want that Porsche :cry:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@TUN3R!

Thanks!-o

@LL!-o

Street Race Syndicate is much better than NFS World 4 Me... - I hope NFS UG3 will be like that! 8)

I enjoy GR!D @tm, with F1 2010 I got my Fun too, boring though to race alone with AI, but's cool! :wink:

Return to “News”