Download PC Legends and SpeedHunters DLC now!

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Download PC Legends and SpeedHunters DLC now!

Post by Bojan »

PC owners of SHIFT2 Unleashed can now download their free copies of the Legends and SpeedHunters DLC packs for free on store.origin.com.
More info here.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Download PC Legends and SpeedHunters DLC now!

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well, I hope EA could release a normal download of the DLC. Because Origin is not really working as it should...

After some 5 attempts I finally got the pack installed, but then SHIFT 2 didn't appear on "My Games" as it should. I used my serial to try and activate the game, but it said the serial was already in use (lol). Suddenly it appeared and it was "ready to play." I fired up the game through Origin but the DLC isn't there. The DLC is installed on my PC but it doesn't appear in the game. I tried unninstalling but it only lets me unninstall the entire game. Did that and I'm now reinstalling through the DVD. Hope it works this time around...

STEAM works much better. As far as I know, STEAM users are getting both the patch and the DLC easily.
Last edited by Hydro_PT on 30 Jun 2011, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Works fine for me even though im pretty sure i was the #1 person in "I think i wont be able to succesfully download it" department.

Anyway....
Porsche 914 + Rouen Essarts track brought back a lot of Porsche Unleashed/2000 memories. It felt awesome.

Legends DLC is overall plain awesome. As for Drag, there is some bug with key bindings so it always uses default ones ignoring your settings. Try to play with Insert/Delete as Shift Up/Down and Arrows as controls.

Impossible for me, considering i have to fit my hands somewhere in between and that you actually have to CONTROL your car during that 1/4 mile. Its not UP arrow + Shift Up on green field anymore. You have to keep control of your car or else you will smash into the nearest barrier. IMO the mode is great, but i cant really enjoy it due to the key binding bug. Hope they fix it soon/ in patch 3/ at all.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well I downloaded SHIFT 2 from Origin and installed the DLC. Went ingame and again no DLC. Do you have to activate something or do a race or whatever? There are no new branches in the career, no new cars in the car lot and not new tracks. Everything is the same.

I honestly don't get it. I'm going to unninstall SHIFT AGAIN and install it from the DVD. Then I will "buy" the DLC again as "retail/boxed version of the game" and see if it works.

Damn, EA should really release a normal patch for the game instead of using this program. It is miles away from STEAM and so far it only gave me problems. I have the content and I cannot use it. <_<
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

After reinstalling from the DVD, downloading the DLC and creating a new profile, everything seems to be working. But it looks like my old savegame won't work anymore, which is really bad because I had already done about 60% of the career and had many badges. I'm glad that at least I didn't do many endurance races, just one.

I will try again my old savegame to see if it works, but I doubt it will. I mean, it will work, I just won't have the DLC cars and tracks appearing.

Maybe this happened because I was using a mod that adds all the Limited Edition events and cars. Dunno... oh well, I'm glad it is summer time. After the exams I will have enough time to beat SHIFT 2 once and for all.

The drag cars are automatically added to your garage, and the Legends cars cost $0 from the Car Lot. There's also a new upgrade section just for drag parts, if you want to transform a normal car into a drag car. Seems nice. :D
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Thx EA and Mad Studio
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

What i did was: Add Shift 2 to Origin, find the DLC in the store, pick Retail/DVD version, do all the checkout stuff, wait for it to download, then Install.

All that was done on one EA/Origin Account, and the same that my game was registered to.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

US or Canada only, how do I get this if I'm from Europe? Lol
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Danyutz wrote:US or Canada only, how do I get this if I'm from Europe? Lol
US or Canada only? no you can download it, aim from europe (nederland) and it works great..
Maybe You need to take a good look ;-)
How to download:

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/shift- ... pcfor-free
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I'm from Europe too and it worked. Origin didn't work that great (5 attempts before actually having the DLC on My Games list), but in the end, it worked.

Unfortunately my old savegame is indeed corrupt. I have to start from scratch. Bah... and now I must wait for a new Limited Edition unlocker for the new version. AND hear Gittin Jr. speak again about corners, and drifting, and tuning, and XP, and Autolog, and how great I will be, and how cool my car choice is... :mrgreen:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I know how to download, but I can't checkout, because it needs my billing info and when it comes to "country", i cna only choose Canada or US.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

billing? its free.

TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Daym, got 3 Times NFSWorld Boost no.0w and too bad at the same Time the Servers are down... 8-o
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

ye, got that, login, then checkout..only that when i press checkout, the billing form appears and i cant continue unless i submit my info, but when it comes to country, i can only choose US or Canada..

Those of you that checked out, must be having billing info submited on your account already.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Why don't you choose US or Canada? I think billing information has nothing to do with the download, it is just a procedure. Try choosing one of them and see if it works.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I wish i could, but i also need a full address with postal code, etc.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Make up one... :mrgreen:

They are not going to send you the DLC nor a receipt, so just create a valid US or Canadian address to do the download. :)
Reemus
Donator
Donator

Post by Reemus »

I know it ...............they do it every time with this DLC s
good
http://plasticcarmodels.blogspot.com/
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Downloading!

@hydro, thanks for the tips , thought it won't work :P

EDIT: Sadly for me, the DLCs don't show up in the game.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Are you using any kind of modified .exe? I was using one which is from the Limited Edition and the DLC didn't appear (it is the original one, not a crack btw - but it is necessary to unlock the LE events).

Either that or start a new profile. It should work now. Also, check the main folder and see if you have two folders there called DLC 1 and DLC 2. If you don't have these folders, the DLC is not installed, or at least is not installed where it should be.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

No modified .exe, except that i have v1.0.1 installed. The DLC 1 and 2 are in the game's folder. I'll try with a new profile, i'm only at 32% of the career.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The DLC already brings patch 2. Right-click on your .exe > properties > version and see if it says 1.0.2.0

If it doesn't, then the patch was not properly installed. Since you are not able to unninstall the DLC only (at least when I tried that, it only let me uninstal the entire game), you can uninstall SHIFT 2, install it again, download and install the DLC and see if it works. ;)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Btw: "EA confirmed on Twitter that the release of the DLC pack and the second patch ends the post-release development process of SHIFT 2 Unleashed as no further patches for any platform are planned."

Pretty small post-release development window. Well, at least both PC and consoles have the DLC and two patches. That's good, no exclusive content for any of the platforms.

The log of the second PC patch should be available soon, I think.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

my question is:
where do I get it?!?
I can't seem to find it >.> and my Origin has erased all my games from the list for some weird reason, and Origin store has S2U unlisted... "Product no longer available"

HUH?!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

That's Origin for you. :P

Well you don't need to launch the game from Origin. After installing the DLC I always launch the game through the icon on the desktop or the Logitech profiler (for the wheel). Origin is not even running on the background. If I can, I will avoid that thing. :mrgreen:

Speaking about the DLC, I've been doing quite a few races in the Legends branch and they really did a good job with all cars and tracks. There's a true feeling of GT Legends there (apart from the handling). They could have reworked the HUD to make it more "classic", but if you remove it, it does look historic racing at its best! Love the BMW 3.0 CSL and the 911 Carrera RS. Monza, Silverstone and Hockenheimring are great tracks too. :)

Dijon-Prenois didn't impress me, though. The layout is the same as the modern one, only the curbs are different and the surroundings. Rouen-les-Essarts is good too, I enjoy it.

Return to “News”