The Run - Car List

2011 Need for Speed The Run
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The Run - Car List

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Unless you're unaware, the Official NFS Facebook page has been updating with screenshots of some of the cars to appear in NFS: The Run. They can be found here.

The cars announced are as follows -
Audi R8 Coupé 5.2 FSI Quattro
BMW E92 M3 GTS
Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake
McLaren MP4-12C
Porsche 911 GT2
Nissan Fairlady 240ZG
Mazda MX-5
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution
*Will be updated as new cars are announced

They stated earlier on in their initial unveiling at E3 that The Run would contain a more robust (aka smaller) car list, so EA faces the challenge of appealing to all sorts of car loving demographics with a smaller number of cars.

On a similar note, something I would think would be vital to the experience is that with a smaller quantity of cars, the cars should be given a distinct identity in terms of drive, as well as having a nice variety of cars from all sorts of time frames and manufacturers, to freshen up the experience throughout the game.

What are your thoughts? Do you like the announced cars? What cars would you like to see?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: The Run - Car List

Post by Hydro_PT »

Don't forget that the car list is always updated at our Wiki. This page has been there for quite some time, and I updated it yesterday with the latest cars from EA > http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/The_Run_Car_List

:)

As for the car list itself, well so far so good, even though it is quite small. If that's EA objective, then they really need to put "unique" cars in the game, not 2 or 3 similar versions. Distinct cars and brands, both new and old cars (spanning as many years as possible).

I just don't like the fact that PS3 will get exclusive cars, one of them being the Bugatti Veyron. :(
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Doing a great job with the wiki as always Hydro :wink:

Agree completely with what you said, we don't need 5 near-identical Lambo's in there like they do with the larger games, though I doubt they'd do that. As you said, variety and 'uniqueness' is the key when it comes to the car list.

And platform exclusive cars kinda peeve me off, I mean you make that car for the game, just chuck it on all forms of the game, make the game as good as you can for everyone.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think the only game that somehow benefited from similar cars was Hot Pursuit. I don't know why, but it felt good to have, like you say, 5 near-identical Lamborghini, but that's because Hot Pursuit focused on giving you the best versions of a given car. Of course that by doing that, EA is creating a larger car list with less effort, but still, I thought that on that game in particular, you need some similar cars, those one-off companies made sometimes, or just really exclusive editions. Hot Pursuit did it.

For other games, I don't think it does any good. Unless, of course, they have an already solid and unique car list, then EA can obviously add more similar cars for the players to enjoy. But they should focus first on creating an unique and varied car list. Let's see if they do that with The Run. So far, no surprises. I just hope those 7 PS3-exclusive cars aren't like the Veyron, otherwise the other versions will lose some good cars.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah on top of that statement, I would also add that every racing game tends to have extremely similar car lists. Give the player some car that's never appeared in a racing game before, and it's adds a level of novelty to the experience.

NFS games have had the same car list for years now, not including the newer cars made after earlier games in the series, wit only a low level of exceptions.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

Having a small car list is not a bad thing as long you can feel the power and the difference on each car control. I dont really like the idea of having many identical cars like HP2010, putting a stock LP560-4 and a LP540-4 Balboni is enough, one stock AWD Gallardo and one RWD Gallardo will be just nice. I hope the car list will be unique and maybe some old cars that will bring back old memories from the classic NFS like Lambo Diablo SV.

are the cars spotted in the videos counted? spot quite a number of them.
Chevy Camaro

Mazda RX-7

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Lamborghini Muira
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well if you want to add an "unofficial car list" to the Wiki, feel free to do so! :)

I usually just update the car list when EA does it, so anyone visiting the wiki can be sure that those cars will be present in the game (unless EA removes them, of course). Plus they always add some cool info. Incorrect info sometimes though, and different from what appears in the final game, but hey, probably it is just a guy or girl updating the site with the info he/she has got from EA, and not really a person related to the development of the game. So I don't give them a hard time for the mistakes. :mrgreen:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah I think it would be fair to say that all those cars should be in the game, but I wouldn't bother updating the wiki to include them 'unofficially' because they'll probably be officially announced very soon. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I hope that they add new and old cars then.

Maybe something like Lamborghini Diablo(any model), then one of the new Lambo's(although im not a fan of them, last 'modern' Lambo's i liked were the first Murcielago and Gallardo versions)

Maybe the 2012 Nissan GT-R and then the Skyline R33(or R32), Porsche 911 GT2 RS(the new one). I'd like the carlist to include some OLD cars(and by old i mean something like Diablo, or the classic GT2, or the RX-7) and then some NEW cars from that manufacturer, since the carlist is supposed to be small, dont go ballistic with GT3 versions(see Shift 2, GT3 R, GT3 RS, GT3 RSR, god knows how many variations of those), instead just put in the newest, fastest possible GT3 RS, and thats it. Use the spared space for more actually different Porsches, maybe a 959...just dont spam us with variations of the same car.

EDIT: Actually, is the RX-7 in the pic a tuned RX-7, or one of the 'better/special' editions of it like Spirit R Type A or Bathurst or something?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

ElvenAvenger wrote:I hope that they add new and old cars then.

Maybe something like Lamborghini Diablo(any model), then one of the new Lambo's(although im not a fan of them, last 'modern' Lambo's i liked were the first Murcielago and Gallardo versions)

Maybe the 2012 Nissan GT-R and then the Skyline R33(or R32), Porsche 911 GT2 RS(the new one). I'd like the carlist to include some OLD cars(and by old i mean something like Diablo, or the classic GT2, or the RX-7) and then some NEW cars from that manufacturer, since the carlist is supposed to be small, dont go ballistic with GT3 versions(see Shift 2, GT3 R, GT3 RS, GT3 RSR, god knows how many variations of those), instead just put in the newest, fastest possible GT3 RS, and thats it. Use the spared space for more actually different Porsches, maybe a 959...just dont spam us with variations of the same car.

EDIT: Actually, is the RX-7 in the pic a tuned RX-7, or one of the 'better/special' editions of it like Spirit R Type A or Bathurst or something?
by the looks of that spoiler... it's the same one as on your avatar ... which I'm happy since ALL previous RX-7s they had were the "older" version with the old flower Mazda badge... that one was the one with the new seagull badge
Image vs Image

and if you continue that GT3 series, it'll be GT3 RSRS, GT3 RSRSR, GT3 RSRSRS, etc. =b
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution added to the car list. This is a classic one, glad it is in The Run! :D
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The Volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI joins the car list! Another classic. :mrgreen:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Two very solid additions to the car list imo.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

That RX-7 is a series 8 one (last series of the RX-7 ever made). Can tell from the rear wing and the lights.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Since the carlist is supposed to be small, dont go ballistic with GT3 versions(see Shift 2, GT3 R, GT3 RS, GT3 RSR, god knows how many variations of those), instead just put in the newest, fastest possible GT3 RS, and thats it. Use the spared space for more actually different Porsches, maybe a 959...just dont spam us with variations of the same car.
Well in the IGN preview they have shown the 911 GT3 RS 4.0, which is the latest version of the GT3 RS so that means that it is present in the game. Now all we have to do is hope that they don't include every GT3 RS that came before that. Also, I really don't think that they can include the GT3 RSR as that is the racecar which competes in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and such.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

On the last days two more cars were added: 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T and 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302!

Two very nice additions, especially the Ford Mustang! BlackBox is doing great so far with the car list, and we can expect even more classic cars to join the list (Pontiac Firebird TransAm). :mrgreen:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah I agree the list is looking pretty good at this stage - seems to have a lot of character and is quite unique and individual, good signs.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Volkswagen Scirocco R joins the car list, along with the limited edition cars: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, Porsche 911 Carrera S and 2012 Cherolet Camaro ZL1. :mrgreen:
Oliver Oresic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Oliver Oresic »

Yeah, more old cars like dodge would be good
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The BMW 1M Coupe (not to be confused with the BMW M1 from the 70s), the Nissan 200SX (S14) and the Renault Sport Mégane R.S. have joined The Run's car list. :mrgreen:
Oliver Oresic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Oliver Oresic »

That's nice
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Nissan Skyline GT-R [VSpec] will be into the RUN too... I noticed it into the LE-Trailer once! 8)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

tjis game has a very diverse car list, also spotted a trans am and an r32 in one of the latest trailers, also just noticed i bumped this thread
Instagram @SupraHKS
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

R32, hmm 8) Sorry about not updating the list in the first post btw :P Will do so soon.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Some cars were added in the last days, so here's the complete car list for The Run (as of 04/September). One thing interesting is that The Run seems to be a spiritual sequel to Underground/Most Wanted, because if you order the game at Amazon or at Gamestop, you will receive two cars from each of the mentioned games, along with new challenges inspired by these games. Very interesting. :)

http://www.needforspeed.com/therun/stor ... nge-series
http://www.needforspeed.com/therun/stor ... e-series-0

Remember that for a full car list, with pictures and the characteristics of each car, check the Wiki here > http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/The_Run_Car_List :D

- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
- 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Razor Edition
- Audi R8 Coupé 5.2 FSI quattro
- BMW 1M Coupe
- BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution
- BMW M3 E92 GTS
- BMW M3 E92 GTS Most Wanted
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Dodge Challenger SRT8
- Ford GT
- Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake