My Review of "The Run"

2011 Need for Speed The Run
xturbo
Professional
Professional

My Review of "The Run"

Post by xturbo »

Hi guys!
My little review based in my gameplay (at the momment, I'm at Stage 5)

Straight to the point: this game sucks pretty bad. I mean, BlackBox seems never to understand that the game is not dependent of a story, not even Need For Speed. The story...is just terrible. If you don't believe me, take a look at the Metacritic review scores:

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/ne ... un/results

For PC is getting a 73 (and BlackBox was aiming for a 90 lol) but for other consoles like Xbox360 and PS3 is getting a 63-64 (pretty low score for an "AAA" game).

Graphics:

The graphics? Pretty decent but the only thing that amazed me are the character details, believable if you ask me. About the cars and environment, pretty standard even though is using the Frostbite 2 engine to render. I think they need to work a little bit more in the environment, mainly because it still feels like a lifeless road most of the time (except at highways which reminded me Undercover for a reason), but overall pretty good DETAILS here and there.

LACK OF ANTIALIASING!!! You have to manually set the AA from your video card control panel, which is pretty dumb for a 2011 (*console port*...console port *cough*) game. The game is graphically cool but with all the jagged borders....forget it! And guess what? 30 FPS cap? What the...

Gameplay

Gameplay is sometimes like "wow!", but 95% of the time you're forced to just do what the scripted race wants you to do. If you fail for a centimeter, you go back to the last checkpoint and it gets frustrating that the game isn't giving you a chance to actually correct the mistake there, not a whole checkpoint behind.

Also, AI catch-up AKA Rubberbanding is back, so you can bring a 370z fully tuned but still a WV Rabbit or an AE86 can catch you up at high speeds and no matter if they crash...come on!!!! seriously :evil:

I noticed that the game also tries you to pull you into "action", but most of the time you're distracted by elements like traffic, explosions, cinematics, and so on....now I ask myself: What was the point of a NFS? watch scripted races? explosions? chicks in a gas station? I tought it was just RACING. What I mean is that most of the time I get distracted by tons of elements that have little to do with racing, but I guess it was inteded by BlackBox and their concept.

Police pursuits are...dull. I'm not asking EMP's, dropping spike strips, helicopters dropping things from air....but those are so scripted that is predictable what will happen in the next checkpoint when the police chatter begins.

Overall the gameplay is just like "meh" most of the time, but I have to be honest and some small tiny parts of the sequences are actually cool and I smiled briefly, but as soon as I was on the road..."meh" was again there.

Handling:

Dull. All I have to say, even with an Xbox360 pad, game handling still feels awkward. I don't know if it is a mix of Pro Street and Hot Pursuit, but in corners cars actually struggle so much to turn that the AI when doing the same is like "poiting and laughing at you" because they don't seem to have any problem related to acceleration or being affected by the physics. At highways, controls are pretty precise for that type of road, but just for THAT road. I managed to get my Porsche 911 GT3 to drift around corners but before that, I was really struggling to turn without loosing so much speed and traction. I don't think a HP arcade system would have been a better idea, but a little bit of grip and proper acceleration would have been fine.

Audio:

A little bit to say actually: pretty good action music that sometimes matches perfectly the situation, but still I hate racing with hip-hop when chased by cops or when there's a momment of concentration (especially at crowded highways). It's ok for menu, but for in-game action...hell no, I give it a pass. Good electronic music and that stuff, and that's it.

Car sounds....good. But I still prefer Forza Motorsport 4 in that part, cards sound 5x times more realistic. But in this one, there are pretty dull car sounds, compared to Criterion's last HP.

PC Performance:

Obviously, this Frostbite 2 engine is a PC native. But this time I feel and I believe it was a "PC engine ported to console but again re-ported to PC". There are some little bits of stuttering here and there, but nothing serious. Also, the menu is designed for consoles. Video calibration? wtf! Last thing we needed was a "Press START to begin" (Crytek anyone?). Anyways, it's "smooth" most of the time, but loading times are "insane".

My PC is:
Intel Core i7 930 @4.1 Ghz
MSI X58M Motherboard
6GB Corsair DDR3 TwinX Platinium
Zotac GTX 570 +Amp! 1280MB @900/2000/2200

And still I wait over 20 seconds to get into 1 stage that is really short like 3-8 minutes. BF3 which is a heavier game, loads a little bit faster than this game...optimization here? I guess.

And those are most of the things I have to say right now. BlackBox seems not been able to get the things straight as they promised. The idea is cool but badly executioned, apart that the idea was taken already by Split Second and Cruisin' USA...so for me was like "predictable gameplay and content".

A shame, I really think they should re-re-re hire some new guys at BlackBox and give it a new shot...if they are considered by EA in the next title of course.

See ya! :)
Last edited by xturbo on 01 May 2012, 19:07, edited 3 times in total.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: My Review of "The Run"

Post by Hydro_PT »

If you don't mind I will post my "review" here too. :D

I just played some time today, not much though, but enough to have an idea of what to expect. Honestly, I'm disappointed, and I'm not going to buy this game full price, no way. I did it with SHIFT, Hot Pursuit and SHIFT 2 (played a bit, enjoyed it, bought it). But that is not going to happen with The Run.

Graphics: I think Frostbite 2 was the worst decision here. The game is too heavy, there's almost no sense of speed, it is locked at 30 frames per second and to be honest, I prefer Hot Pursuit's engine. It is lighter and it provides nice graphics, both related to scenery and related to the cars, and that's what you want in a racing game like this. As for the cut-scenes, apart from some nice details, the characters look weird and unrealistic. When I watched the first cut-scenes I was like... WTF? And is this what Black Box came up with? I honestly prefer the cut-scenes from MW/Carbon. They had too much bloom, but at least were realistic and credible. I just laughed at the woman's hair, for example, in the first cut-scene at the café. Awful, really. :?

Gameplay: again, awful. Playing this with a keyboard is nearly impossible, the car feels like a rock glued to the asphalt. There's no suspension work at all, turning is a nightmare, and there is NO SENSE OF SPEED at all. I was driving through San Francisco at about 200 km/h (with the BMW M3 GTS) and it felt as though the car was going at 50 km/h. I switched to the bonnet view and it gets slightly better, but that's it. While some NFS games had too much sense of speed, this one lacks it completely, except in the highway areas, where it actually felt good. Hot Pursuit's handling is just perfect compared to The Run. After the first race I plugged in my racing wheel and things got a little better, I can feel the car better now, but it still is bad. I don't know if all cars behave like this, I expect muscles to swing a little more, but the lack of sense of speed and overall bad handling just makes things worse for The Run. Definitely not very enjoyable.

What else to say, hmm sound is good, I liked how the cars sounded and the music seems to fit. The overall idea of the game is good, I think, but it seems that is not well executed. I obviously have to play more, but there are some things that after some minutes of playing are crystal clear in a racing game. The Run lacks a good and enjoyable handling, graphically it is too heavy and doesn't offer so "over-the-top" graphics like promised. I can almost say for sure that, yet again, Black Box has failed to deliver a good game, especially when compared to the work made by Criterion and SMS, companies which actually made the best recent NFS.

Oh well... :roll:
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Adding to the above posts -
My brief review :

The game has a pretty abrupt start to be honest. they could have used the space between the car crusher escape and the first race...i mean how does jack has those 5 sick cars in the garage if he is in debt??...anyway...the first race was AWESOME! It was exciting as hell...but then? the game fell flat on its face!...

there are basically 3 race types - overtaking spree, overtaking spree with cops and time attack...wtf???

graphics - hot pusuit had better detail, sharpness, clarity, and crashe effects...and was way better optimised...
it even had much better car interior models...the run doesnt come close...hell steering wheels look like hexagons!

btw the graphics remind me of blur...

oh and jack becomes a lifeless object whn racing..even his hands dont move
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Nice reviews you guys. Just wanted to add more on the story. I completed the game in about 6 hours of gameplay including loading times possibly. The story is really vague. During loading screens they show various characters and their descriptions, but all you do is just beat them by racing them for their position. There is barely any connection or REASON for all the descriptions. The only guy that has a slight effect on the storyline is the one who is based in chicago and has connections with the mob (I am not sure if its the same mob trying to get you in the first place or a different one just to take you out of the race). The car unlocks are not placed well. In all you unlock 9 cars (in sets of 3).

SPOILER: The last set has the porsche 918, the aventador and the huayra. The last race has you race the same guy from chicago, driving the aston martin one-77. He crashes and you win. The last race isnt as challenging as I expected either.

EDIT: Oh and the run goes through my hometown: Toledo, Ohio too :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Thanks for your breakdowns guys! Unfortunately it looks like I'll be taking a pass this year, very disappointing to see another sub-par Need for Speed. It's been ages since I've been excited for a game in the series, hope the next one will be stronger.

The Run seems to have failed in all aspects, it's atrociously short, without a high level of replayability, gameplay is too scripted and handling is poor, and for a game that's 'bringing story to a racing game' it seems to have no plot whatsoever. Haven't played it first hand, but this seems the consensus of opinions. If it drops to $5-10 might give it a look but for now no chance.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

No offence but with EA's recent record with the NFS series is anyone actually surprised that The Run turned out to be a massive turd? Blackbox could barely work with the original NFS engine (Pro-Street memories...) then they are allowed to play with a good engine and we get this garbage? LOL, is all I can say if this is where AAA gaming is meant to be, the bar has been lowered below that of many indie dev teams with less than 1/100th of the budget....
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

I posted this before and post it again we need to get back to old-school..
With a new Need For Speed Underground. With the graphics from today that would be so cool!
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

A re-visit to tuning and modding would be welcome, but it'll need to be better than the crap churned out over the last 5 years. It needs to have proper bodykits (licensed), better, more realistic handling and a large range of cars from 60's to present. However the chances of that happening from EA are now literally 0%. EA have proven with their recent releases that they are only interested in dollars and not in making good games. So they can get firetrucked.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i might write a little bit more about "The Run",but for now I'm busy actually playing Forza Motorsport 4 in my Xbox360 and Skyrim on PC (and sometimes Team Fortress 2 lol)
honke wrote:I posted this before and post it again we need to get back to old-school..
With a new Need For Speed Underground. With the graphics from today that would be so cool!
Still, the quality will be affected by the developer, we may cry for an U3 with modern graphics and so on, but still the developer will be the factor of "screwed" or "not screwed" up game. I guess if BlackBox decides to still try their luck, we might get another game that has low quality, and probably a game that will not receive a proper post DLC for, especially, PC.

Who wants Criterion here? lol I mean yeah they are the arcade masters but NFS was born with arcade in mind, with bits of simulation here and there afterwards, but I guess Criterion has the formula, the only thing they need is just to properly execute it.

NFS Hot Pursuit was an excellent game in my opinion, it didn't feature a storyline which was unnecesary and in terms of gameplay was SIMPLE. It took the drift system kinda "exaggerated" but the point was that it was a fun game to play, with a simple system in which YOU feel in control of things, no heavily scripted races like "The Run" and most of all not that insane rubberbanding or AI catchu-up that "The Run" has...NFSHP had rubberbanding but was acceptable, the cars were easily catch-up after they pass you and when you saw a car approaching from behind, you could still had those extra seconds to be ahead and plan a thing to do :)

The Run seems to be that kind of game where BlackBox took the worst things from all the new-era series and put like there dressing the whole thing with fancy trailers, developer interviews and so on.

Bunch of liars, I ALWAYS hate those interviews in where developers talk so much good stuff about their games and at the end it goes as a total fiasco: Underecover did the same thing, more emphasis in Maggie Q rather than the post-launch support. In "The Run", same thing: interview about the frostbite engine, the characters, the cars...blah blah and what about the GAMEPLAY? mmm...

I'll be NEVER buying a BlackBox game again, I hope EA can pass the series to another brand new developer, there are hundred of teams out there capable of doing fantastic stuff with the NFS series, I guess BlackBox era has passed, they are no longer able to deliver a proper good quality NFS :(
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Well such discussions always have a common feature - people hoping for ug3...i am one of 'em...i like customisation cause it makes me feel like the car is more personal to me...unique to my taste...and its creative fun...

graphics wise, i think that ug1 still holds its prowess even by today's standards...undercover sucked in comparison...which is a much newer game...so why couldnt blackbox update that old engine like crytek did with their cryengine? why use frostbie 2?

on a sidenote - cryengie 3 is better that frostbite 2 imo
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I think Frostbite 2 is a great engine, but was perhaps not refined well enough for The Run - I mean, you look at BF3, and there's no disputing it's beautiful, but it was created with shooting games in mind. Development spent time playing with Frostbite 2 to help it work better in The Run, but perhaps more refinement is needed and then the engines potential will be displayed.

On the topic of UG3, would be amazing if done to the quality it deserves.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:I think Frostbite 2 is a great engine, but was perhaps not refined well enough for The Run - I mean, you look at BF3, and there's no disputing it's beautiful, but it was created with shooting games in mind. Development spent time playing with Frostbite 2 to help it work better in The Run, but perhaps more refinement is needed and then the engines potential will be displayed.

On the topic of UG3, would be amazing if done to the quality it deserves.
But I guess the tuner scene is barely alive and people isn't like THAT excited for the JDM scene. So perhaps EA may be thinking in just another re-edition of a Hot Pursuit....but let's be clear about something: Definetively BlackBox has to be out [-o<
yugo88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yugo88 »

I think this is the best NFS so far. What makes this game unique is the real locations and different environments. And the driving is difficult and challenging like it should be not like Hot Pursuit where you can drift with 250kph
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yugo88 wrote:I think this is the best NFS so far. What makes this game unique is the real locations and different environments. And the driving is difficult and challenging like it should be not like Hot Pursuit where you can drift with 250kph
But NFS WAS since TNFS an arcade game, at the beggining it was never intented for NFS to be a real sim, only when they started with the developing of Need For Speed High Stakes when they added damage and in NFS Porsche when the franchise turned out to be a sim. Later on they moved to arcade game and BlackBox went with the usual arcade thing again.

Now NFS HP 2010 has beautiful environments as well, if only could use the FB2 engine, it would have been a beautiful game, thrust me ;)
yugo88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yugo88 »

xturbo wrote:
yugo88 wrote:I think this is the best NFS so far. What makes this game unique is the real locations and different environments. And the driving is difficult and challenging like it should be not like Hot Pursuit where you can drift with 250kph
But NFS WAS since TNFS an arcade game, at the beggining it was never intented for NFS to be a real sim, only when they started with the developing of Need For Speed High Stakes when they added damage and in NFS Porsche when the franchise turned out to be a sim. Later on they moved to arcade game and BlackBox went with the usual arcade thing again.

Now NFS HP 2010 has beautiful environments as well, if only could use the FB2 engine, it would have been a beautiful game, thrust me ;)

NFS HP is a good game but I just don’t get it you are on an island and your only task is to race without any reason. It would be a much better game if there was a storyline involved. And the most stupid thing about it is the police cars like Veyron, Zonda or the Koenigsegg ccx. I mean keep it a bit realistic, what police station would buy such expensive cars, It just doesn’t feel right. Yes The run also has some drawbacks such as: No free ride and the story mode is a little too short. For me the main priority of a NFS game is does it make you happy: The run definitely does.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hot Pursuits style was not one for 'realism' - it was over the top for a reason. If Gran Tourismo had spike strips, jammers and etc., now that would be a bit weird.

To try and create to realistic story to justify HP's gameplay would be quite difficult. :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The more I play, the more fails I find in this game...

Now is the QTE thing. Since I play with my wheel, the game "magically" numbers the buttons on the menu as if I was using a console controll (A, B, Y, X, etc.). While A was easy to find (= ENTER on the keyboard), all the others simply are not available on the keyboard or on the wheel buttons! This makes it impossible to successfully beat the QTE. The B button, which I needed now for a QTE, does not function at all, no matter the buttons I press, both on the keyboard and the wheel. Since you can't change your controls while racing (WTF...), I have to go back to the main menu, unplug the wheel, change the controls back to the keyboard, restart the game, do the race all over again (now with the keyboard, which sucks), complete the QTE, go back to the menu, plug the wheel, change the controls AGAIN, restart the game and finally keep playing.

Seriously BlackBox, how can you fail things like these??? God, I'm starting to think this will be the first NFS I don't finish. Even Undercover I managed to finish.

I respect everyone's opinion, but saying this game is good and "makes me happy"... well, your sense of quality is obviously quite low and you don't play many games. This is pure garbage, save for one or two things. Definitely a fail from BlackBox.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Sounds like more of a poor porting problem than an actual development floor, but equally bad none the less.

Never really been a fan of Quick Time Events anyway, but how did people find them in The Run? Good or bad?
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hydro_PT wrote:The more I play, the more fails I find in this game...

Now is the QTE thing. Since I play with my wheel, the game "magically" numbers the buttons on the menu as if I was using a console controll (A, B, Y, X, etc.). While A was easy to find (= ENTER on the keyboard), all the others simply are not available on the keyboard or on the wheel buttons! This makes it impossible to successfully beat the QTE. The B button, which I needed now for a QTE, does not function at all, no matter the buttons I press, both on the keyboard and the wheel. Since you can't change your controls while racing (WTF...), I have to go back to the main menu, unplug the wheel, change the controls back to the keyboard, restart the game, do the race all over again (now with the keyboard, which sucks), complete the QTE, go back to the menu, plug the wheel, change the controls AGAIN, restart the game and finally keep playing.

Seriously BlackBox, how can you fail things like these??? God, I'm starting to think this will be the first NFS I don't finish. Even Undercover I managed to finish.

I respect everyone's opinion, but saying this game is good and "makes me happy"... well, your sense of quality is obviously quite low and you don't play many games. This is pure garbage, save for one or two things. Definitely a fail from BlackBox.
Olá!

What wheel do you have? In G25/G27 Wheels the XYAB system are the top 4 black buttons on the gearbox console, like this:

_Y_
X_B
_A_

The Autolog is the 2nd Red Button from the left on the same console.

Hope this helps... If you dont have one of these wheels, then try to assign any buttons you have in your model.

Do you have to unplug the wheel? If you go to Controllers in-game and choose keyboard and set it, cant you use it?

Btw, I noted you seemed to have started to play NFSW... I also installed yesterday, together with Run... What do you think of it? And how does Wheel behave there? Still didnt actually try it...

All the best,

Rogério
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Sounds like more of a poor porting problem than an actual development floor, but equally bad none the less.

Never really been a fan of Quick Time Events anyway, but how did people find them in The Run? Good or bad?
Some are like "wow"...but many of them are totally "meh", especially the one in Las Vegas when Jack ducks a truck sliding like Mega Man....it's just....weird.

Also the whole plot is awful...and the ending? typical boring stuff and of course...predictable.

yugo88 wrote: NFS HP is a good game but I just don’t get it you are on an island and your only task is to race without any reason. It would be a much better game if there was a storyline involved. And the most stupid thing about it is the police cars like Veyron, Zonda or the Koenigsegg ccx. I mean keep it a bit realistic, what police station would buy such expensive cars, It just doesn’t feel right. Yes The run also has some drawbacks such as: No free ride and the story mode is a little too short. For me the main priority of a NFS game is does it make you happy: The run definitely does.
Dude, THAT has been the whole point of NFS: drive your dream car chasing guys OR escaping from cops with these supercars/exotics, that was the original NFS idea. Race with the exotics you love, in the most exotic locations around the world. Period.

My question now is: Have you EVER played TNFS, NFS II, NFS III Hot Pursuit, NFS IV High Stakes, NFS V Porsche Unleashed, NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (skipping NFS Underground and Underground 2) until Most Wanted?
yugo88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yugo88 »

xturbo wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Sounds like more of a poor porting problem than an actual development floor, but equally bad none the less.

Some are like "wow"...but many of them are totally "meh", especially the one in Las Vegas when Jack ducks a truck sliding like Mega Man....it's just....weird.

Also the whole plot is awful...and the ending? typical boring stuff and of course...predictable.

yugo88 wrote: NFS HP is a good game but I just don’t get it you are on an island and your only task is to race without any reason. It would be a much better game if there was a storyline involved. And the most stupid thing about it is the police cars like Veyron, Zonda or the Koenigsegg ccx. I mean keep it a bit realistic, what police station would buy such expensive cars, It just doesn’t feel right. Yes The run also has some drawbacks such as: No free ride and the story mode is a little too short. For me the main priority of a NFS game is does it make you happy: The run definitely does.
Dude, THAT has been the whole point of NFS: drive your dream car chasing guys OR escaping from cops with these supercars/exotics, that was the original NFS idea. Race with the exotics you love, in the most exotic locations around the world. Period.

My question now is: Have you EVER played TNFS, NFS II, NFS III Hot Pursuit, NFS IV High Stakes, NFS V Porsche Unleashed, NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (skipping NFS Underground and Underground 2) until Most Wanted?

I grown up with NFS games, I just like the whole The Run idea. Best graphics so far, Real locations and some new cool car’s like the Porsche 911 gt2 RWB and Lamborghini Aventador. In HP2 you had cars like McLaren F1 and Porsche Carrera GT but there weren’t used like cop cars like in the stupid newest HP. And don’t forget about the weird 240kph drifting.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

"And don’t forget about the weird 240kph drifting."

It's like taking hairpins at 100 km/h in a Porsche GT2 in... The Run. :D Let's not talk about realism in NFS, the games are not about that. Both The Run and HP 2010 are highly unrealistic, but for me (and for many players out there, it seems), HP's handling was fun. The Run's handling is awful, the cars feel too gripped to the ground, there's no lateral movement, no sense of speed at all... it looks like you're driving a rock on tracks. I have to drive in the bonnet view to have some sense of speed, because if I drive on the outside view, it looks like the scenery is passing by the car, not the car going through the scenery. It is really, really weird. I think Frostbite is to blame here, honestly. Heavy game engine + bad adaptation to the racing genre = fail. HP's engine was very light while providing nice graphics, and the handling was just pure fun and adrenaline. :)

@VG_Speed: Olá. :mrgreen: No, unfortunately none of the buttons on my wheel correspond to the buttons BlackBox assigned, no matter how much I try. Apart from A = ENTER and X = RIGHT CONTROL (found this one yesterday while trying to choose a bodykit for a car), the other buttons are simply not assigned on the wheel or keyboard.

Yes, I have to unplug the wheel even if I go to options and set "keyboard" as the controller. If the wheel is plugged in, then I can drive with either the wheel or the keyboard, but the game still thinks I'm using a controller, hence the "weird" buttons (A, Y, RT, etc.). I have to unplug it, restart the game, race with the keyboard, beat the QTE, plug the wheel and restart the game to keep playing. This is very tiring (not to mention stupid!), because I don't know when a QTE scene will take place. It totally ruins the (already) bad experience. :\

As for World, I don't use the wheel. The game is too arcade for that, a wheel will make you lose time and it is not so enjoying as the keyboard. But you can try, of course. Be careful though, you cannot assign the buttons yet, so the powerups are spread all over the wheel's buttons and you have to spend at least one powerup to find out which button activates what powerup. :)
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

@Hydro_PT: Sorry to hear about the key mapping... Its really unaccepable what you have to do! :S
I think The Run can be a very good game because the car behaviour is quite resonable (you can feel if its AWD, RWD, FWD). In a high end PC there is very good speed feeling, from the Hood at least. The problem is that you cant turn Traffic Off... That sucks hard! :| Also it seems that to have max "nfs" in this game you have to finish Career to unlock something called Extreme Handling... I am still working on it! ;P
About World, I will use Keyboard then! :) I was a Keyboarder for quite some time, will be interesting to use it again. Thanks for your input! ;)

Cya all!

Rogério
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

You know what pisses me off the most about this game? Over 3 thousand miles of road, only allows you to play 30~50 miles per stage (give or take, each sections has 10 miles top). And the rest of the 80% of the roads (and time) are lost in hammer space. Seriously, let's do the math here. Your average speed through out the whole SP is around 210km/h. The total length of the game is around 2hrs (because it only counts the time in the actual stage). 210x2=420km. That's only 10% of the whole run. It's like they only made 10% of a whole game. Hence why the game is such a fail.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Kaerar wrote:A re-visit to tuning and modding would be welcome, but it'll need to be better than the crap churned out over the last 5 years. It needs to have proper bodykits (licensed), better, more realistic handling and a large range of cars from 60's to present. However the chances of that happening from EA are now literally 0%. EA have proven with their recent releases that they are only interested in dollars and not in making good games. So they can get firetrucked.
agreed and to add on to that, the physics shouldnt change whenyou go into a drift event, i very much dislike that.
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “The Run”