Need For Speed: The Run Trailer

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need For Speed: The Run Trailer

Post by Hydro_PT »

http://www.youtube.com/v/vR693MTwzq8&re ... &version=3[/embed]

It seems that the next NFS game in the series, thought to be in development by Black Box for release later this year, has a name: Need For Speed: The Run.

At least that's what Shopto.net is reporting, as you can see here.

The leaked trailer shows racing, cops everywhere, a car crashed upside down on the tracks and train hitting it. Three names of cities appear in the trailer: San Francisco, Denver and New York City. As for the cars, an Audi R8 is clearly visible and also a Shelby GT500, among others. The release date shown at the end of the trailer is 18 November 2011.
zip_mdd
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Need For Speed: The Run Trailer

Post by zip_mdd »

:shock: ... what was that???

another MW ?????

yoohooooooo!!!

at least should be Underground 3!!! imo... :mrgreen:

here is the 720p... :P

r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Hope the story line is good.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

whoa i sorta have mixd reactions though.Multiple locations possibly means no free roam and maybe no custmization. The cut scenes sorta look cheesy also.
Instagram @SupraHKS
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

"story-driven game" just drove haters NUTS *on other forums*

honestly, the MOST COMMON words I've seen in the past year was "____ sucks" ... and "____ fails" and "_____ is junk" without any proper explanation...

I'm starting to be really sick and tired of the internet community so full of themselves thinking the world should run their way, and if anything even slightly differs, oh no it's THE END OF THE WORLD! and whatever they're holding on is the worse piece of smelly crap they've ever put their hands on...

oh and of course there's the exceptions of Valve and DICE... whatever piece of poop they throw out is the best gift from god... *although I have to admit, Portal 2 was AMAZING... but all the saturated FPS out there... I'm not looking forward to Battlefield 3 anymore*

cut the crap... seriously... why can't people learn to enjoy things as THEY ARE...
/rant
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

This will go neck-to-neck with the newest Driver and Ridge Racer game...all this 'gritty' stuff...hope it will looks good.
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

NICE !! 8) =P~
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

If it's story driven, it should be interesting to see how they try to intertwine the gameplay with the story, seems like a tough task given the nature of the genre, will be interesting to see what innovations they have in that area.

Doesn't look like it will be very heavy on the customisation as many of us have hoped/predicted, but who knows; I can say I'm genuinely interested to see how this turns out though.

E: Also, the game was officially confirmed on EA's facebook page shortly after.

Additionally, some quotes from an online news article -
While details remain scant at this juncture, the storyline is expected to span iconic cities such as New York and San Francisco, while some of the car manufacturers present in the game include the likes of Audi, Aston Martin, BMW, Carroll Shelby, Lamborghini, Mazda, Pagani, Porsche and more.
Need for Speed: The Run is being developed by Vancouver-based EA Black Box, which has plenty of racing pedigree thanks to Need for Speed titles such as Underground, Most Wanted, Pro Street, Undercover, and World.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Trailer kind of reminds me of first part of the movie 'Redline'.
Shame it's not another Underground, but I wasn't expecting it anyway.
Interested in how this will turn out :)
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

No.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

zedex wrote:... rant...
I couldn't agree more. Drop by the official TDU2 forums for five minutes to experience some of the worst behaviour of this sort.
TheNoobofFerraris wrote:No.
Gotcha. :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Cheer up, its not going to be worse than Undercover.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

i got no idea how are they going to make this good, it is either a cutscenes heavy game or this time we really get to run around like Mass Effect or else it will more likely end up like Undercover
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Revilo
Stock
Stock

Post by Revilo »

According to a german game magazine, the storyline is about getting from San Francisco to NYC in order to "get back your life".
To my mind that sounds really interesting and I hope that Black Box creates a NFS that makes fun again. Pro Street and Undercover were not really succeeded, however I give them one more chance.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

Eh, I'll wait until we have more info to size up the game. Trailer looks intriguing, though.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

ANNOUNCING NEED FOR SPEED THE RUN!
2011-04-29

It has been so hard not to talk about this with all of you! Need for Speed The Run is a high-stakes, high-octane race from San Francisco to New York. You’ll be pushing 200 miles per hour, causing chaos in urban traffic or blazing along icy passes while battling hundreds of other racers (and cops!). This game has blockbuster written all over it. I’ve been lucky enough to get some precious hands-on time, and let me tell you, it’s going to be AWESOME!

The visuals are absolutely jaw-dropping. Thanks to the Frostbite 2.0 engine, the cars look killer, the environments look phenomenal, and the characters are engaging as ever. As you would expect, we’re upping the ante on Autolog as well.

This game will take Need for Speed to the next level.

I can’t share everything yet, but stay tuned for more news on www.NeedForSpeedTheRun.com as we edge closer to November 15, 2011!
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Holy crap, NFS on the Frostbite 2.0 engine?? :shock: That engine is stunning. I hope there's free roam and customization.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I seriously don't know how to react to this. Game graphically looks pretty stunning, however the curriculum that BlackBox has with some games especially NFS PS and Undercover....isn't giving me a good feeling.

Now, everyone was expecting U3, which is a respectable thing of course, but this game better have customization close to Underground series or it could go to hell pretty soon (at least for me).

The concept idea seems to be heavily inspired in the game "Cruisin' USA" at least, which is good, but it doesn't give you any freeroam actually, which could obviously mean CLOSED tracks, AND in the trailer you can actually see a yellow barrier at 0:45:

Other than that, we will have to wait for the actual GAMEPLAY to come out. BlackBox loves to release screens instead of movies, because of that I got ripped with Undercover >:/
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

r4ptor85 wrote:Hope the story line is good.
i hope it to.. and a lot styling and free roam..
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

honke wrote:
r4ptor85 wrote:Hope the story line is good.
i hope it to.. and a lot styling and free roam..
Do I need to say more?
xturbo wrote:...CLOSED tracks, AND in the trailer you can actually see a yellow barrier at 0:45:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Just because it has closed tracks in races, doesn't automaticly mean there is no free-roam at all though.
Revilo
Stock
Stock

Post by Revilo »

To be honest, the few sequences look for me like Carbon with better and more authentic world and cars.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

YaelDjiel wrote:Just because it has closed tracks in races, doesn't automaticly mean there is no free-roam at all though.
Exactly. The tracks in Underground 2 are closed with barriers too, yet there is freeroam. However, I don't think this game will have freeroam, because the action goes through 3 cities and I just don't see BlackBox doing 3 cities for you to play on. Even with all the recycled junk they have collected through the years from one game to another. :lol:

I really don't know what to expect from this game. That picture remembers me of U1/U2, the trailer makes me think of Undercover because of all the action going on and the cops, and the way they describe it, it looks like Hot Pursuit throughout the US...

The name is pretty cheesy IMO. Well let's hope more information comes soon.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

YaelDjiel wrote:Just because it has closed tracks in races, doesn't automaticly mean there is no free-roam at all though.
Following the logic (of BlackBox) I doubt they will manage to create 3 cities (or even more) with free roam. I guess we can have a small area to drive but not the actual free-roam we are used to.

And I just posted what I saw in a teaser-trailer. It may happen, it may not :wink:
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

found something quite interesting at the trailer
RX-7 got shot at the back, does this mean police really going to use guns now? this could be epic.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “News”