NFS The Run Buried Alive Trailer

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS The Run Buried Alive Trailer

Post by Bojan »

http://www.youtube.com/v/V2WeeL8EFrA&re ... &version=3[/embed]
As The Run hits Colorado, Jack faces a life-threatening choice at icy Independence Pass. Take the long route and lose valuable time, or ignore avalanche warnings and use his skill to survive a treacherous shortcut. With the clock ticking, a mountain crumbling in front of him and a rival one step ahead, the choice is obvious. He has to race for his life!
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: NFS The Run Buried Alive Trailer

Post by Danyutz »

Action is good with all the explosives and falling rocks, but this is NFS, not Split Second. Bimmer sure handles great on ice, for a rwd car .. R8 slings through rocks like they're made of paper ..
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

I like those action-loaded cinematic Trailers a lot - I've also watched the Press Conference! 8)

PS: Is Anyone here @NFSUnlimited Who's going to the Gamescom this Week?!? :)
BaSt_SVK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BaSt_SVK »

It looks nice, but will it actually be good? Not so sure, when I consider the last few games from NFS franchise. :P
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Very nice trailer. I hope the action on that run is really good. If you are not fast enough, the avalanche will catch you. :D

Never had that kind of thing in a racing game. Hope it turns out well.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

I'm still not convinced, looks action packed but thats not why i started playing NFS, i played for racing fast cars like in HP2, thats action, but its a different type of action, not the same action im seeing in the run.

Has any noticed the the color scheme of the box art is similar to undercover?
Instagram @SupraHKS
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Long as Handles Way More Realistic than Last Year's NFS Burnout, we'll be fine hopefully black box can make it work there jobs are riding on this...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I don't understand people's obsession with "realism"...

it's a GAME
Oliver Oresic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Oliver Oresic »

Nice one
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

At least they're trying to be innovative and do something different and action packed with the genre, whether they pull it off will be found out after the release of the game, but I give them credit for trying something new and ambitious.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

zedex wrote:I don't understand people's obsession with "realism"...

it's a GAME
It may be a game, but when you can replicate actions from real life in it then it's far more involving. The handling is so far from realistic that it's counter-intuitive, especially to those who know anything about handling cars on the limit.

It's got similar handling to HP 2010 going by the BMW M3 GT doing perfect drifts on ice/snow when in reality it would have been a broken mess. The R8 is semi-sensible in that it's got AWD but stil useless in those conditions. So it's a weird mix of crap and more crap.

The action is good but it's only to feed a market that's losing touch with reality fast.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I agree in that, while it's definitely no sim, and it's more of an action orientated racer, general car authenticity in terms of driving (like mentioned by Kaerar) vastly improves the experience, completely realistic or not.
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Kaerar wrote:

it's a GAME
It may be a game, but when you can replicate actions from real life in it then it's far more involving. The handling is so far from realistic that it's counter-intuitive, especially to those who know anything about handling cars on the limit.

It's got similar handling to HP 2010 going by the BMW M3 GT doing perfect drifts on ice/snow when in reality it would have been a broken mess. The R8 is semi-sensible in that it's got AWD but stil useless in those conditions. So it's a weird mix of crap and more crap.

The action is good but it's only to feed a market that's losing touch with reality fast.
+100 Extremely Well Put.
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Kaerar wrote:

it's a GAME

Hence the part about this being an arcade racer. If you're going to crash off the first corner in that level every time, it won't make a very fun game. They try to make it accessable to the general audience, that just want a game that they can pick up and play. If you want simulation, you get a simulation game, not a arcade action racer like this one. They lop the physics off for a playable game with interesting enviroments and things you can't have IRL.

It may be "counter-intuitive", as yes, they could have make the game with full on, hardcore realistic physics, but it's for the sake of entertainment, fun, accessablity, creating scenes impossible to do in real life, allowing people to enact in these scenes.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

_BLAHHEAD_ wrote: They try to make it accessable to the general audience, that just want a game that they can pick up and play. If you want simulation, you get a simulation game, not a arcade action racer like this one. They lop the physics off for a playable game with interesting enviroments and things you can't have IRL.

but it's for the sake of entertainment, fun, accessablity, creating scenes impossible to do in real life, allowing people to enact in these scenes.
It's a shame that NFS has become this kind of series. "For the general audience." F that. I guess it's time to forget about this franchise for another 6 years.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Thumbs Up Trailer !! :D =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

it's one thing to want it to be "believable" but it's a whole different thing to be nitpicking about every little detail that's "unrealistic"

why is it so "unbelievable" that a car can drift over ice, when there's rocks and avalanches crashing down like that?
this is as realistic and believable as any action movie has come out... people don't go and watch it just to nitpick how "unrealistic" it was because if it WERE, let's face it, it would be EXTREMELY BORING

the REASON the whole ACTION genre exists is for the unbelievable slightly unrealistic events happening that makes you all burned up with excitement which makes it "fun"

then again, in other people's minds, their definition of "fun" is to watch grass grow, or to watch paint dry it seems
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

zedex wrote:people don't go and watch it just to nitpick how "unrealistic" it was because if it WERE, let's face it, it would be EXTREMELY BORING
Well just don't forget that's merely your opinion. You find realistic things boring, that's ok. But other people find it very interesting and not boring, so please don't go all rage about realistic stuff, especially in games. That's merely your opinion, nothing else, yet I see you constantly going on about how boring simulation is and that simulation is not interesting at all. That's just your opinion, not a fact. :wink:

As for the whole discussion, I don't really care about a BMW M3 drifting on ice, this is supposed to be an arcade racing game, and arcade racing games, by definition, are not meant to be realistic. That's why they are arcade. :mrgreen: If you want to simulate things, then it would be impossible for those two cars to avoid the avalanche in the first place. Secondly you cannot simply drive on ice like that without proper tyres, or better yet, drive on the snow. Because if you put a car on a frozen lake, for example, there is no traction and no steering at all, you simply just slide. So that has to be snow, not ice. Basically, if The Run would be realistic, then that scene wouldn't happen (and many others). I wonder what kind of game would we have in the end...

The trailer is very good and I can't wait to play that scene. I never had to race against the environment before in a racing game, at least not like this.

"the REASON the whole ACTION genre exists is for the unbelievable slightly unrealistic events happening that makes you all burned up with excitement which makes it "fun""

This is it, pretty much. When you see action movies, for instance, you know that all those tricks are simply fake and most wouldn't be possible in real life. Yet you enjoy them (or not). The same goes with games, and a lot of them if I may say. And I don't agree with Hot Pursuit's handling being counter-intuitive. It was not realistic, true, but that's an arcade racing game. Yet with that handling it was pretty good for you to lay down a bit and have fun running away from cops. :)
Last edited by Hydro_PT on 18 Aug 2011, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Hmm ... looks epic but I'll have to wait for more footage and perhaps a review to decide if I wanna buy it.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Hydro_PT wrote:
zedex wrote:people don't go and watch it just to nitpick how "unrealistic" it was because if it WERE, let's face it, it would be EXTREMELY BORING
Well just don't forget that's merely your opinion. You find realistic things boring, that's ok. But other people find it very interesting and not boring, so please don't go all rage about realistic stuff, especially in games. That's merely your opinion, nothing else, yet I see you constantly going on about how boring simulation is and that simulation is not interesting at all. That's just your opinion, not a fact. :wink:
I'm not saying "simulation is boring"
I'm saying if things were so realistic in a way that there would be NO POSSIBLE WAY to nitpick on its "unrealistic" details, then there's no point in calling it "action" or even would be sold as a "game"

I'm saying it'll be as fun as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tRNs2X5Q4

if you find THAT fun... then I'm sorry, you need your brain checked out...

simulation is a different thing... it has a "realistic approach" but not the point where every factor in real life is considered... it still lives in a "perfect world" of its own...
and the "perfect world" that a certain game or movie lives in, has its own sets of rules, laws of physics, and many, not possible in real life... much like a simulation is, only a lot more to the extreme. just let it be, and don't nitpick... it is how it is, it's not realistic, because it isn't, it isn't meant to be, it's not what YOU would want, but don't make EVERYTHING the way YOU want...

I may have shown an image that I tend to say "simulation is boring", but no, that's not what I'm trying to get at... simulation games has their own purpose, and when it's well done, it can be unboring, but when you try to compare everything to a simulation, nitpick how unrealistic every single little teeny bit of detail is, it is completely BESIDE the point of the game or movie... it's like going into a driving test where they ask you to dance to a hip hop choreography routine... WHY!? maybe the examiner was a huge fan of "So You Think You Can Dance" and just wanted to feel like Nigel Lithgoe a bit? but that's not what the test is about is it? why didn't he just quit his job and go for a dance coach instead!?

same thing here, why nitpick about somethings that don't work the way YOU want, when you're not the one who made it... and where you have the CHOICE of not playing/getting the game?

oh that's right... it's cool to point out the obvious... shows how much you know on the web... makes your epeen grow... NOW I get it...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

"if you find THAT fun... then I'm sorry, you need your brain checked out..."

That's the problem with you. You seem to not be able to understand or accept other's point of view or opinion if they go against yours.

Too bad, I won't continue this argument with you, it is a waste of time it seems. :?

--------------------------------------

More on topic, the Dodge Challenger SRT8 joins the car list. Can't wait to have the entire car list. :D
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Hydro_PT wrote:"if you find THAT fun... then I'm sorry, you need your brain checked out..."

That's the problem with you. You seem to not be able to understand or accept other's point of view or opinion if they go against yours.
did you even watch that video?! maybe YOU are the one jumping to conclusions this time without even verifying the source I posted...
that was a satire made by Onion... the point of that is to make fun of "realism" to such a point where it's simply BORING... ON PURPOSE... their GOAL of that "news report" was to make it look "stupid" and "boring"
do you SERIOUSLY think someone would LOVE to play THAT kind of game!?
watch it first, before commenting on what I said ABOUT it

I'm not saying simulations are like that
I'm saying if you continue nitpicking, it'll end up being something of the sort... because as long as it's a "game" there's ALWAYS things in real life that's neglected... to nitpick about to the point where paperwork, politics, law, budget, etc all come into consideration...
I'm NOT against simulations... I know there's a niche market of hardcore players who want to play them, and even I DO play some of them at times, and it's interesting to know what a tiny switch in an A-10 does where no one seemed to care or know it existed except maybe a real A-10 Pilot

I agree, this argument can't go any further, because you refuse to see MY POINT, beyond the part where I say "if you like something that's meant to be disliked, exaggerated to such a point to enforce that opinion ON PURPOSE, then you are an idiot"

you're saying "I don't accept others' opinions"... I think you're the one who's not accepting MINE

ONCE AGAIN, to ENFORCE what I wanted to say, I AM NOT AGAINST SIMULATIONS, when it's MEANT TO BE ONE
I'm completely AGAINST people who NITPICK tiny little details who DON'T EVEN MATTER in a game that's NOT MEANT to be a simulator, and WHEN YOU PUT IN FEATURES OF A SIMULATION LIKE EXTREME REALISM IN AN ACTION GAME, NOT ONLY is it UNFEASIBLE, it gets as IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY to the point that IT BECOMES BORING (< NOT a simulator)
(I did hear a suggestion of a game, where if you crash even once, your game is over, locked forever, and unplayable for the rest of the life because the "driver died"... NOW THAT is what I can call a TRULY REALISTIC game... that's FUN isn't it)

if you're STRAIGHT OUT aiming for realism in a SIMULATOR, of course, the more details the better, but they STILL neglect a lot of the "realistic factors" such as paperwork, complex budget, notary/law documents, politics, and environmental impact, driver physical condition, mental concentration, etc. to make it "realistic, to a certain point, but accessible" which in turn is FUN

and reading your original post after mine (after complaining about I'm not accepting others' opinions) it seemed you have the EXACT SAME opinion as I did, you said exactly what I wanted to say, that a game should stay a game, as its own game, and not "try to be" something else
Last edited by zedex on 19 Aug 2011, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

Looking at the trailer and gameplay footage, I think that the gameplay and handling of the cars are good.
I'm abit disappointed with the graphics, the avalanche could be done alot better with the frostbite engine they are using (see the desert tank gameplay for the sand effect as well as the building destruction for debries in BF3).
There rewind system seems abit meh, using the checkpoint system doesnt feel it will work as it should and I can see myself wasing more then 1 rewind (in the same spot) as i will mess up comming out of a checkpoint.

As for the arcade/sim debate, need for speed has always been an arcade game and its only the shift series where theyre trying to be more sim. Making games more sim does not always equte to being more fun. I dont hear people saying BF or MOH or COF is too arcady and thus isnt fun, im sure some people would enjoy having the idea of not being shot in a military game fun, but most will find it frustrating if they kept dying over cheap kills. I believe the same is here, people will find it fun mastering a car on the snow or wet but if you keep skidding and slidding all the time then where is the fun in that.
There are many sim games like GTR, Race to enjoy (same goes with military like the old skool rainbow games), need for speed... just dont have its place there.

Going back on topic, Id live to see more environmental hazards (more so then the qt events). Its been dont in other games like split second but I dont think these type of gameplay gets old, I can see myself playing over and over just for the thrill of it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Yes zedex, if you had read my post properly, you would haven seen that I have your opinion on this matter. I even quoted part of your post, which I agree completely with. I've seen the video and I thought it was fun. Is there any problem? For you there is, it seems, and that's what I've been saying. You state your opinion (sometimes) like it is a fact, and if someone doesn't share that opinion, then it is a retarded or something else. I don't waste my time in real life arguing with a person who cannot accept or understand other's point of view, and I'm sure won't do that on the internet. :D

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Will you please stay on topic here? kthx

Return to “News”