Will you buy Most Wanted 2012?

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted

Based on what you know today, will you buy Most Wanted 2012?

Already preordered!
32%
Definitely buying at release.
11%
I'll buy if it the reviews are good.
3%
I'll buy it if the reviews aren't terrible.
5%
I'll try the demo and decide from there.
26%
I'll wait 'til it hits the bargain bins.
8%
I'll borrow it from a friend or maybe rent it.
5%
Will not buy. Do not want.
11%

Total votes: 38

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Will you buy Most Wanted 2012?

Post by GT3x24x7 »

So it's early days, but after the teaser and E3 announcement, will you be bringing the new game home?

My choice? I'll buy it if the reviews are good. :D
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Will you buy Most Wanted 2012?

Post by BluePhirePB »

Too early to call. I'll wait for more footage later on this year before making a decision.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Fencesitter!
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I saw an ad for this on Facebook and was surprised to see it was legit when I Googled it.

I'm with you on this one, I'll buy it if the reviews are good. And seeing how MW was my favorite NFS, I really hope they're good. :|
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Considering i fell for the hype on the last Criterion NFS and it was utter garbage, I'm gonna wait on this one. If the reviews are good and its a continuation of the older NFS storyline I might buy it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

You are missing an option there. :D "I will try it first". :lol:

I definitely will try it first before I decide whether or not to buy it. If it is anywhere near Hot Pursuit, which I really liked, then I will probably get the Limited Edition. :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

True enough. Added. :D

Of course, everyone will choose that now, so thanks for breaking the poll :P
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

More gameplay and info, if that all pleases me, than i will try the demo and decide from there. Looks pretty good right now to me though. If its not a new MW it will at least be a new BP.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Nope.

This is one NFS I will not buy.

I'm sorry.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Strafer wrote:I'm sorry.
Why are you apologising? And to who?? :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Sad to say I will also be fence sitting at this stage :)

Looks solid, but I still have my doubts, I'll have to wait for more info.
PuskasGT
Stock
Stock

Post by PuskasGT »

At this point, a rent at best.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Added that choice.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Sad to say I will also be fence sitting at this stage :)

Looks solid, but I still have my doubts, I'll have to wait for more info.
Same here I'll wait and see.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Zotic+ wrote:More gameplay and info, if that all pleases me, than i will try the demo and decide from there. Looks pretty good right now to me though. If its not a new MW it will at least be a new BP.
That is if that is a demo for PC people like me.
0minousGamer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 0minousGamer »

i love nfs too much not to buy. mostly likely getting it for ps3 and ps vita since laptop cant handle it.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

If it's good I'm gonna be bold and ask my friends to get it for me either for Christmas or for my birthday. :D
SpeedDemon178
Stock
Stock

Post by SpeedDemon178 »

I don't want it, but it might be a good game to have when it gets cheap. My opinion on Hot Pursuit (Criterions first NFS game) is that was an awesome game. Why? Because it was just like Hot Pursuit 2: couldn't customize your car, not really any free roam (to get from event to event), and you could play as a cop or racer.

Now Most Wanted, however, is looking nothing like the original released in 2005. It looks like the only thing you can customize is performance parts, there's no mention of the Blacklist (or anything like that), there's no story for that matter. It's pretty much like everyone is saying: Criterions way of putting Burnout Paradise in a NFS title! I'm disappointed, but I'll try to look at it differently when it's on the shelf for $10.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

SpeedDemon178 wrote:I don't want it, but it might be a good game to have when it gets cheap. My opinion on Hot Pursuit (Criterions first NFS game) is that was an awesome game. Why? Because it was just like Hot Pursuit 2: couldn't customize your car, not really any free roam (to get from event to event), and you could play as a cop or racer.

Now Most Wanted, however, is looking nothing like the original released in 2005. It looks like the only thing you can customize is performance parts, there's no mention of the Blacklist (or anything like that), there's no story for that matter. It's pretty much like everyone is saying: Criterions way of putting Burnout Paradise in a NFS title! I'm disappointed, but I'll try to look at it differently when it's on the shelf for $10.
Go check out NFS' twitter. They talk about having a blacklist and becoming the best racer in the city.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Mtik333
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mtik333 »

Well, first post on this forum.
I would like to see demo of that game, because now there's a strange fashion to situations like: "there won't be demo, we want to improve our game at this time". It's horrible mostly because those changes probably don't give anything more than later patches. Last demo for NFS was Shift, yeah? I didn't bought it, but I downloaded that demo and I was positive that they give me a real chance to try it out.
Anyway, Most Wanted looks cool, but first there's a need to upgrade my own computer to Windows 7. Then I will decide, if I will buy a PC version. Demo would help really, but there's won't be any probably, sadly. And again some people will use illegal method to try it out.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Well Criterion is making this game, most likely will have a demo, BP did, HP did, i think even Burnout Crash had a demo. I dont think criterion is shy of demos.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

first of all hows everybody doing ,im new here being looking for an active need for speed forum and i guess i found this one, and now onto my opinion.

first of all i'm hyped because this game its coming out for the vita , since i always wanted a need for speed for vita i think its great and the other hand soo far i seen a trailer and nothing but shots of cars in real life that will be in the game. cars like the huarya,atom and maybe the new vanquish 2013 are all great cars and all BUT was holding me back from buying this game or pre-ordering its the environments, i grew up playing the original series since 1998 started with need for speed 2 and fell in love with this series all the way till hot pursuit 2 (IMO best need for speed in the series) after i lost track nfs u1,u2,and most wanted came out my love for the series return and then it went downhill again till hot pursuit 2010 then the run and finally were back to most wanted.

I'm concern about the city in most wanted as you guys know rockport had all the typical need for speed environments while maintaining its urban style,so if im just gonna be driving into a city like maze with no room for long freeways or sum mountain roads like sum canyons out side of the city then I'm not gonna be happy,they say the game world its a combination of paradise city and hot pursuit ,paradise city was beautiful it was a city surrounded by mountain passes and stuff and Seacrest county its a joy to ride.soo far i read about this game will have "quarries" as the offroad sections but sound to me like a quarry in a construction area within the city itself and then industrial zones.so this is my opinion about the game soo far.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:first of all hows everybody doing ,im new here being looking for an active need for speed forum and i guess i found this one, and now onto my opinion.

first of all i'm hyped because this game its coming out for the vita , since i always wanted a need for speed for vita i think its great and the other hand soo far i seen a trailer and nothing but shots of cars in real life that will be in the game. cars like the huarya,atom and maybe the new vanquish 2013 are all great cars and all BUT was holding me back from buying this game or pre-ordering its the environments, i grew up playing the original series since 1998 started with need for speed 2 and fell in love with this series all the way till hot pursuit 2 (IMO best need for speed in the series) after i lost track nfs u1,u2,and most wanted came out my love for the series return and then it went downhill again till hot pursuit 2010 then the run and finally were back to most wanted.

I'm concern about the city in most wanted as you guys know rockport had all the typical need for speed environments while maintaining its urban style,so if im just gonna be driving into a city like maze with no room for long freeways or sum mountain roads like sum canyons out side of the city then I'm not gonna be happy,they say the game world its a combination of paradise city and hot pursuit ,paradise city was beautiful it was a city surrounded by mountain passes and stuff and Seacrest county its a joy to ride.soo far i read about this game will have "quarries" as the offroad sections but sound to me like a quarry in a construction area within the city itself and then industrial zones.so this is my opinion about the game soo far.
It was stated that this will be the most diverse car selection in NFS.Also NFS' twitter & instagram have pics of cars they uploaded, those might be hints to what cars they will have in the game. I do beleive they bring real cars in for there sound recordings.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:first of all hows everybody doing ,im new here being looking for an active need for speed forum and i guess i found this one, and now onto my opinion.

It was stated that this will be the most diverse car selection in NFS.Also NFS' twitter & instagram have pics of cars they uploaded, those might be hints to what cars they will have in the game. I do beleive they bring real cars in for there sound recordings.
I'm aware of the car list and I'm excited about it ,but my concern its the game world ,the environments.i hope its not all urban they gotta have at least some country roads or mountain roads in there or long expressways in some of the trailers i can see mountains in the backgrounds because the exotics are made off for rolling hills and country roads they already said the game world its a combination paradise city and seacrest county in terms of size and basically everything you can drive to or into so yeah im waiting for the environments preview.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i'm gonna be out at college so i won't have time to play if i buy it when it first comes out, but whenever i have the chance i'm gonna buy it when the price lowers. but i definitely am going to buy it. i loved nfs most wanted and burnout paradise too much for this game to not be good.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”