Ferrari and EA

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Ferrari and EA

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

throughout the years there's being a question that every true need for speed fan keep asking and that its what happen to Ferrari and the need for speed franchise.

Many speculation are that when the series jumped into the underground series it all went to hell and Ferrari dint want their cars to be part of something illegal A.k.A street racing,other speculations are no damages on their cars,lack of money to buy the licence back,partnership issues and my favorite Microsoft or Eden games got the license on hold but meanwhile gran turismo was able to get Ferrari's into their game.

If its an ownership of the licence, EA has Lamborghini and Porsche license on lock down ,so yeah ms pay a hefty amount of cash to get Porsche into forza 4 and possibly horizon.so we come to a new entry in need for speed most wanted and yet no ferraris, is it about the carnage on the hands of criterion because they love to smash cars around and destroy them which it really takes the physics of hot pursuit 2 when you were going fast in an f50 crashing and a helicopter will drop an exploding barrel in your way so if its about flipping and damaging the car both games high stakes and hot pursuit 2 had damage and crazy physics and jumps.

If Microsoft was able to get Porsche into their racing franchise ,then why can ea pay to get Ferrari back into need for speed !WHERE IT BELONGS!

I know this topic is played out but i want to know what you guys think.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Ferrari and EA

Post by Hydro_PT »

It all comes down to money, I think. :) I'm not sure what kind of deals gaming companies and car manufacturers do, but it certainly is something serious, because the brand has to be careful if one of their cars is to appear in a racing game. Especially if it is a game that is going to be played by millions. It can be great publicity, but it can also be very bad publicity if something goes wrong. And I can understand how games like Grand Theft Auto, or Flatout, will hardly have any licensed cars. No brand wants to see their car being crashed mercilessly over and over again, running over peds, set on fire, or falling from a building. :lol:

I doubt we will see Ferraris in Need For Speed in the near future. SHIFT had a DLC that had Ferraris, but that was it (Xbox exclusive). This year, in April, we here at NFSUnlimited made a prank about Ferraris and NFS: World. According to us, EA was working on the Ferrari California to be released as the first Tier 4 car. DJ made a very good picture of the car in the game, and lots of people believed the California was actually coming to World. :lol: But Marc De Vellis quickly said on Twitter, and later in Ask Mark, that EA does not have any deal with Ferrari at the moment. Since they started doing games like Underground, Ferrari seems to have cut any relationship with EA. The only games were Ferraris would be possible would be SHIFT and SHIFT 2, because there are no cops or illegal street racing. There's tuning, but the Ferraris in SHIFT could not be modified in any way. In Most Wanted 2012, with so much carnage, we won't see a Ferrari, that's for sure. At least an official one. The original Most Wanted has mods that include Ferraris. :)

I don't know the reason for sure, and I guess nobody but EA and Ferrari know. But the truth is, their relationship seems to be non existent for years, and I doubt that will change. Microsoft has nothing to do here IMO, because other games have Ferraris. It's not exclusive to Microsoft. Like Porsche isn't exclusive anymore to EA. :)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think it's a little depressing the non-relationship ferrari and ea have. i mean there was ferraris in hot pursuit 2 and games prior, i don't see how like the new hot pursuit 2010 was much different as far as the amount of car-nage. i think we all hope every year for a ferrari, but it just never happens. they are such beautiful and fantastic performance cars for games like this. i'm hoping the other kinds of cars in this game will somewhat make up for it. like alpha romeos and maseratis.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Out of curiosity, I've been reading a bit about this. The topic that pops up the most is, of course, "Microsoft and Ferrari vs EA Games and Porsche". :mrgreen:

Apparently, Microsoft has exclusive license over Ferrari cars in the PC and Xbox 360, while EA does the same with Porsche license (PS3 is left out of this). And while money is very important here, it is not all. If EA wants Ferraris, they have to pay Microsoft. And vice-versa. But even if the money is enough, both companies can deny the other access to the license. And, of course, the brand has a word in all of this too. I guess that's why Forza ended up having tons of Porsches. EA kept saying no for 18 months, and suddenly they let Microsoft have the cars. I guess Porsche had a word there...

So, to conclude: EA has money; they know their fans want Ferraris; Microsoft seems to be willing to let EA share the Ferrari license. I guess the "villain" here is Ferrari... even though I can't see why. :\
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

I thought it was for the reason that NFS is primarily a street racing game including ploice chases and Ferrari didnt want there cars associated with the NFS name. Thats probably the reason there not in Shift also, because NFS is mostly street races and cop chases. Same goes for Honda as well.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

If its about the carnage, who here has flipped a Ferrari F50 in hot pursuit 2?..i was playing hot pursuit 2 the other day and hit a jump landed on top of a lamborghni cop car and all you see was the ferrari flying and flipping while you hear the cop screaming on the radio. =D>

Also the problem here its EA not ferrari ,EA blew it with the underground series after that,that was it.Before the underground series ,the last game was hot pursuit 2 and that one had around 5 ferrari models including the f50 and 360 modena and spider which at the time were the newest ferrari models exclusive to nfs.(even in the cover)

Also Forza horizon its an open world game similar to need for speed in terms of the enviroments and stuff,it has the 458 Italia .in forza horizon i heard you can customize paint jobs and all of that and last but not least the asphalt series, have alot of Ferrari models its owned by ubisoft /Gameloft and the game its pure arcade at its best, turbo,crashes,carnage and big jumpsand also a bit of customization too so the problem here its EA not Ferrari.so forza can have Porsche and by the way the Porsche came as a dlc to forza 4 later on, it was not there from the get go and yet EA can't have ferrari.

Verdict:

EA screw up and ferrari got disappointed !..this is more deep then a mere business misunderstanding this looks personal! :?:

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”