Review Thread

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Review Thread

Post by Aroetem »

The first review for Need for Speed: Most Wanted has had its score revealed.

Edge magazine has given the game a 9 out of 10. (I'd post a link but this forum doesn't allow new users to do so.)

Any other reviews or review scores can be posted here.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Review Thread

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

I guess we are off to a good start> :wink:
Crowkillers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crowkillers »

It's going to be interesting to see what IGN scores this... I know they gave Burnout Paradise just under a 9...
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aroetem »

Crowkillers wrote:It's going to be interesting to see what IGN scores this... I know they gave Burnout Paradise just under a 9...
I think they'll give it a 9, and I'd be surprised if they gave it anything less than an 8.5.

I guess we'll see, though.
Crowkillers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crowkillers »

I'll probably be in the Minority here, but I am kind of glad that they went away from all of the crazy customization... Back to the roots of what Need for Speed used to be all about... Still remember playing the original on the old Panasonic 3DO... Yeah, the Panasonic 3DO, the worst $600 that I ever spent... :lol:
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aroetem »

Crowkillers wrote:I'll probably be in the Minority here, but I am kind of glad that they went away from all of the crazy customization... Back to the roots of what Need for Speed used to be all about... Still remember playing the original on the old Panasonic 3DO... Yeah, the Panasonic 3DO, the worst $600 that I ever spent... :lol:
You're pretty much the crowd they're aiming for, then - a crowd which I too am a part of. ;)
Crowkillers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crowkillers »

I played most of the Need for Speed games in the past and I found that I spent more time customizing the cars than I did actually driving them... I guess that it would be cool though to have a unique looking car online though to distinguish yourself from the other 10 Gallardo's that you'll be playing with... I don't play many games anymore, but I am REALLY looking forward to this one... I freaking loved Burnout Paradise... My favorite thing about that was the stunt mode , which this doesn't have...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Crowkillers wrote:I'll probably be in the Minority here, but I am kind of glad that they went away from all of the crazy customization... Back to the roots of what Need for Speed used to be all about... Still remember playing the original on the old Panasonic 3DO... Yeah, the Panasonic 3DO, the worst $600 that I ever spent... :lol:
AMEN BROTHA! :mrgreen:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Game Informer gave most wanted 9/10 Gold medal here's the review.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/need_ ... force.aspx
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:Game Informer gave most wanted 9/10 Gold medal here's the review.

"You can race any of the 100-plus cars you find in the world"

:mrgreen:
Instagram @SupraHKS
Crowkillers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crowkillers »

100+ cars?!? Woah...
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aroetem »

Eh, either the reviewer confused the amount of jack-spots for the amount of cars, or there are doubles, because I highly doubt there are over 100 unique cars in this game.

I'd be absolutely shocked if there were.
Crowkillers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crowkillers »

Maybe you can drive the generic ones around...? :mrgreen:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:Game Informer gave most wanted 9/10 Gold medal here's the review.

Alright have you guys found any information about the the M3 E46, do you think criterion placed that car in that screenshot by mistake and decided to take it off afterwards also 100+ its not the number cars its the number of jackspots which it correspond to cars jackspot ,but at the same time it might be multiple jack spots per cars doesn't make any sense but one of the producers said there's 41 cars single player ,48 online that's only 89 right there..very confusing.

i say there's 41 cars to be found, they specifically they decided to reduced the number of cars to make them unique and different in terms of handling and specs.

So many questions i know i'm never gonna find out about weather ,if its there or not..why the wet streets..hope sandy doesn't mess up the game release i live in New York City gamestop its about like two blocks away from me. :?
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:

Alright have you guys found any information about the the M3 E46, do you think criterion placed that car in that screenshot by mistake and decided to take it off afterwards?
The GTR from the original MW? I think its possible you get it in the game after doing something, like finishing the campaign or smashing through all the billboards.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

At Demon:
Mind you im a big BMW fan and i think the e4 its the best m3 , not because of need for speed,see alot of us dint know about that car till most wanted 2005.me i got introuduced to it , in person so i being in that car and its a beast.my emphasis its not about whether they have the car or not, i think its just pretty akward to tease something for the heck of it and never heard of it and then it just disappear from the game or becomes a DLC as i being saying the game features need for speed version of each of the 41 cars, i think it sucks its b.s ,the nfs editions are slightly faster and there's no special pain job and nothing just some mods they could use this space for extra cars different ones(whats the point of having the same cars in the game it literally was done on purpose. :evil: ),but i guess they gonna start releasing dlc, mind you we don't know when the next game its coming out so im look at a paradise situation here ,just that the DLC 's wont be free. :?
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:

100+ its not the number cars its the number of jackspots which it correspond to cars jackspot ,but at the same time it might be multiple jack spots per cars doesn't make any sense but one of the producers said there's 41 cars single player ,48 online that's only 89 right there..very confusing.

i say there's 41 cars to be found, they specifically they decided to reduced the number of cars to make them unique and different in terms of handling and specs.
i agree with you about 100+ number... i think it's the number of jack spots, not cars.
and i think it's not 41+48... it's 41 U 48 which equals 48.

regarding the uniqueness of cars... again, no. it's criterion and they are not making a sim... i strongly believe that if there is going to be any difference in car handling... it will be top speed and accel time only.
:lol: also by the looks of it i think we should be more concerned about crashing into airplanes than actually hitting the guard rail. :mrgreen:

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”