Most Wanted 2012 - Users reviews

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Most Wanted 2012 - Users reviews

Post by Navid_A1 »

Kaerar wrote:Funny thing is the handling is The Run was and always will be shiznit. The handling in this isn't much better but it is still better.

However the slow down while turning is an issue. I agree there is slowdown while turning but not so much that you feel like you are doing an emergency stop...

There's been this problem with a few NFS's but it's something that should be addressed as arcade version of Shift 2 handling could easily be done rather than this...
i think all handling problems will be fixed if they could only make the steering faster... say like 75 deg/sec.

strange... i didn't notice any slow-downs... :?:
medal123
Stock
Stock

Post by medal123 »

Great game love it! Only thing is I get some problems when driving really fast down the highway. The game cant keep up and I get stuck for a few seconds and the game carries on. Or I start to fall under the map because the game cant load the textures quick enough and then just get teleported back up. Usually driving head on to a wall. They are my only complaints...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Navid_A1 wrote:
zedex wrote: just leave the things in the past as they are, in the past, and just take what's new AS IS, and enjoy it for what they are...
are you serious?
i guess i can easily sell a wooden carriage to you as the BMW's next M3 model... :|
REALLY!?
you want to go there?!

it seems you have not understood a single bit of what I said...

SOMETHING YOU USED TO ENJOY (say an E46 M3) has been changed to a new model (E92 M3) and you hate it (for design, their computer assisted systems, etc, WHATEVER YOU WANT it that you hate) nothing is stopping you from going back to a used dealership and buying an E46 M3...

the E92 is here, and it's as is, hate it however you want, but the car is new, it's different, and it's STILL an M3 no matter how you look at it, and enjoy the new modern technologies that they offer you, the new design philosophy, direction, performance, technical specs, etc.

if the next F80 M3 was indeed a wooden carriage, then sure, hate all you want, but same thing still applies, NOTHING is STOPPING YOU FROM GOING OUT AND BUYING AN OLD CAR!!!

nothing's stopping you from playing the OLD game!!! so stop complaining and whining and if you don't like the new and different version, then STFU AND DEAL WITH IT
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

zedex wrote: ...
nothing's stopping you from playing the OLD game!!! so stop complaining and whining and if you don't like the new and different version, then STFU AND DEAL WITH IT
no. nothing's stopping me from playing what i like.
unlike many, i believe there shouldn't be any relation between this and the 2005 MW other than the name... it's just a name similarity.
i'm comparing this title to the need for speed convention and i'm saying what i think about it. i'm not stopping anyone from buying this game or playing it.
i just want to say that criterion was supposed to create an NFS title (and most of you know that). not use EA's resources to create another burnout... it's somehow cheaty.

imagine the battlefield fanboys who use COD pictures as toilet paper... i don't think they'll be very happy if DICE create the next COD for them under battlefield wrappings.
there is convention in a franchise... it's not just a title... and when there is a huge fan community you can't just say:

"just leave the things in the past as they are, in the past, and just take what's new AS IS, and enjoy it for what they are..."

alright... if that is how works for you, then i guess i should STFU and GTFO...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok fellas, your points are made. Agree to disagree and let's move on.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Ok fellas, your points are made. Agree to disagree and let's move on.
The problem its that someone wont let go of it and keeps whining about the game.so if you have someone constantly ringing in your ear i don't like this , doesn't it gets annoying after awhile and ultimately you will have to say something.its part of human nature to agree or disagree but when it becomes excessive then there's a problem.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

It looks another short game to me there are ten drivers who are wanted by the cops and you have to earn the SL points in order to race, then when you beat them then you have to shunt down the member by crashing into them. (Note: when you’re racing against a wanted driver the cops will be on you) There aren't a lot car choices in this game you have to drive around Fairheaven city to found the cars aka jack spots, however you can get parts by winning races but not before you got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) playing the same races over and over and over again. Easydrive is a new in the game it allows to change parts while you are in the game without missing a thing, it can be well a bit confusing if you using a keyboard like I do forcing you multitask and unless you have Controller like the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or SRW-S1 Steering wheel or something like that you're going to end up Crashing alot. The single player good but it's short also each car has its own events so no one car has the same events sometimes you’re driving against cars faster than yours. The crash camera can be really annoying and triggers when you are not driving fast overall there will be mixed reviews about this game. My only problem is why did they call it most wanted 2 or add a large number of cars into the game. Also the game has a few glitches in it so will have to wait and see.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Jack33673 wrote:It looks another short game to me there are ten drivers who are wanted by the cops and you have to earn the SL points in order to race, then when you beat them then you have to shunt down the member by crashing into them. (Note: when you’re racing against a wanted driver the cops will be on you) There aren't a lot car choices in this game you have to drive around Fairheaven city to found the cars aka jack spots, however you can get parts by winning races but not before you got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) playing the same races over and over and over again. Easydrive is a new in the game it allows to change parts while you are in the game without missing a thing, it can be well a bit confusing if you using a keyboard like I do forcing you multitask and unless you have Controller like the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or SRW-S1 Steering wheel or something like that you're going to end up Crashing alot. The single player good but it's short also each car has its own events so no one car has the same events sometimes you’re driving against cars faster than yours. The crash camera can be really annoying and triggers when you are not driving fast overall there will be mixed reviews about this game. My only problem is why did they call it most wanted 2 or add a large number of cars into the game. Also the game has a few glitches in it so will have to wait and see.
Your problem its that you are of the people that still don't understand that this game its not MOST WANTED 2 , this is not a sequel or a remake , this is another need for speed game that focus on being the most wanted therefore based on the premise that's why its called most wanted also that's criterion favorite game in the series but im sure they dint like it for the customization or the storyline , they like it because of the crazy,massive pursuits and the chaos...the only reason criterion add the performance mods in this game was because they want it to try it out or basically wanted to please all fans including the ones that are fan from the original game but apparently lots of us here we have a love affair with razor and cross so therefore ..the game its gonna be bombarded by all kinds of trolls and fans of the original alike..

So.. since criterion decided to try out a bit of customization and it has this army of the original most wanted fanboys cursing at it and all of that ..damn the hell with customization in the next nfs title..hell i hope criterion moves on to something else..because honestly they try to please all crowds even try to honor the original game by adding references and stuff and still not enough and the funny thing its that this game its sitting pretty close to the original most wanted in terms of reviews scores and reactions.

The game has its flaws but honestly stop thinking this is a sequel to most wanted cause its not..this the spiritual successor to burnout paradise.

RAnt mode off

We cannot reinvent the wheel all we can do its take from it and keep evolving applying new concepts while keeping the core values as well as keeping up with society and pop culture because that's whats going to benefit the industry including the publishers i'm not trying to defend the marketing practices but business is business...as much as i hate to say it need for speed its not the same anymore it has evolved alot and it just gonna keep evolving...when ea create need for speed they were just a mere developer just like criterion then they evolved into a big developer and finally the big giant publisher it is today and now they are greedy and after money.so they will milk their franchises and there's nothing as consumers we can do about it.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Great game overall. Have been playing a lot will wright a full review sometime this week. Verdict: Buy it ASAP
Instagram @SupraHKS
USAF_SF
Stock
Stock

Post by USAF_SF »

I got this game for the PC, and here are my first impressions on it. Right off the bat, the first thing I did was mess with the cops. I had a lot of fun with that, as that was always my favorite thing to do in the previous NFS Most Wanted as well as NFS Carbon.

Graphics were pretty good, lighting and coloring reminded me of Frostbite 2 (not sure if this runs on that or not, I did see a lot of DICE billboards but this is a Criterion game).

Gameplay seemed similar to Burnout Paradise, but a little harder to control the cars. They either seemed to steer to sharp or not sharp enough. I did notice stuttering as others have pointed out. The game will seem to slow down a bit then suddenly speed up, making it difficult to maneuver your car.

Content was pretty disappointing. There's a good number of cars, but I was disappointed to see the lack of things to do. I beat the whole game in just a few hours, and it was rather easy. The amount of other things to do was also minimal, as it seems there is really just unlocking all the upgrades for every car and obtaining the pro versions, finding the billboards and smash gates, then beating your friends' records as well as your own. To give this a comparison, after 45min of playing I was 24% complete, and beat the main story in just a few hours; I'm sure I can 100% the game in about 12 hours. I picked up Forza Horizon on release, and put 11 hours straight into it as soon as I got it, and was only 2% complete. Much more to do in that game. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I've heard from my friend that there isn't much of a free roam aspect. Not sure on that though.

Depth was also a let down. There was hardly any depth to this game at all. You quickly obtained cars and beat Most Wanted racers, upgrading your car (minimally I must say) along the way. That was pretty much it. The customization was a huge let down, as you could only change the Tires, Nitrous, Body, Chassis, and Transmission, and there were only 2 or 3 options for each. As far as appearance, you could only change the color, and that was by getting presets by driving through repair stations. I wasn't expecting NFS Underground II customization since it was Criterion, but I was hoping for something along the lines of NFS Carbon.

Story..uhh what story? There really wasn't one at all. You were just some guy who you never even saw who was trying to become the most wanted racer by beating the other most wanted racers, who might I mention didn't even have names. It was just "Most Wanted 6," etc. There weren't any cutscenes, unless you count the little pre-race trippy art cinematics. I mean NFS Carbon did pretty well with that.

Overall, I think I would give this game a 2 out of 5. I was pretty disappointed as it seems there was hardly anything to it. Didn't feel as though it delivered. And damage. What happened there? I was expecting Burnout Paradise crashes. Huge disappoint there. I honestly feel Burnout Paradise is a more worthwhile game, and that's pretty apparent as people still play it almost 4 years later. It's worth a playthrough, or to buy later when it's cheap, but to pick it up brand new would be a waste of money.

/End rant.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

nice review USAF_SF
couldn't have said it better.
you pretty much explained my first impressions.!
USAF_SF
Stock
Stock

Post by USAF_SF »

Thanks Navid. The first like 10 minutes were really awesome, as the pursuits were intense and I was having a ton of fun smashing through roadblocks and shoving cops off the road, but once I got past that it was all downhill. I feel like I will only load this game up from now on if I feel like running from the cops/destroying them, and that's about it. If I want to just race or just cruise around I will definitely fire up Forza Horizon. I was very satisfied with that game. 9/10 on that one.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

my dreams will come true if one day i see a need for speed title being a hybrid of this most wanted and shift2/forza.

the thrill and action from MW combined with seriousness and professionalism of shift2. that would be heaven.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I played a bit more yesterday (I'm Most Wanted #8 atm) and I have to agree with USAF_SF, especially when he talks about "content". Apart from the city, which I think is great and very well designed, the cars are few, the mods to apply on each car are few, there are few races and it just feels... shallow. :\ It is really a game focused on multiplayer, not on singleplayer. For those who love online racing and crashing around, I'm tempted to say this will do good, but for anyone looking for a good, arcade racing game on the PC to play alone, Burnout Paradise or Hot Pursuit are much better. In fact, for crashes and crazy fun, Burnout is the way to go, even offline. I got my copy during a STEAM holiday sale, and I loved unlocking all cars and stuff. Pretty long game. Unfortunately, I found very few people playing online. :(

Back to MW, the constant slow downs don't help controlling the cars. I think the handling is fine, maybe a little heavier than expected, but when the game runs smoothly I have no problems. When it slows down I start crashing into everything, which is very annoying, especially at high speeds. I really hope a patch is coming out to fix this.

So far, I see no reason to spend 35€/40€ on this game. I will wait for a big drop in the price first (let's say 20€). As it is now, Most Wanted is not worth the price (PC). The game has more "minuses" than "pluses", so that's a no go for me. Great city, good OST, car sounds are great, graphics are great, but that's it. There's no story at all, few cars, few races, the singleplayer career seems to be short and repetitive, the game is badly optimized and slows down too much. Also, the AI waits for you when you crash, or then catches you up really quickly, which annoys me A LOT!

I was really hoping for a better game, since Criterion is in charge. :(
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I think the game is good, it is definitely better than Need For Speed: The Run. I had to turn down my graphics to medium, then down to low, because I would start lagging in some parts and racing blacklists.

I think the graphics are good, just NFS next year should bring back the old fashioned customization of the car. I like the game overall, its going to take some time to get used to the handling. The cops are really fast, the one cop managed to speed ahead of me, despite im using nitros.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Alright, finally put some serious time into this years NFS, 3 straight hours more or less. My platform is PS3 and the following will address my single-player impressions. I might also write another impressions/review later down the road as I'd like to see if my opinions will change.

Initial impressions

I'd like to mention that the first time I played was 2 days after the hurricane hit, so bear in mind that my real life circumstances greatly influenced my mood when playing the game. Nevertheless, hoping to relieve some stress, I fired up MW as soon as I got power back in my house.

Upon entering Fairhaven and driving aimlessly, I recognized a few jumps and shortcuts that were reminiscent of Paradise City. Right away, the city gave me the feeling of being at "home".

First thing I did was get into a pursuit. Unfortunately, the pursuits, being one of the selling points of MW, turned out to be the biggest disappointment for me so far. It might be because of my experience with past NFS games, in fact I'm definitely sure it is, but the cops were of no challenge to me whatsoever. I struggled to get to the highest heat level because they couldn't keep up with me, and once I did, the challenge was average at best. With pure ease, my very first chase lasted over 20 minutes, until I purposely decided to get busted out of boredom. What a way to spend your first hour with your newly bought game, eh? At that point I decided to take a break and come back when I was in a better mood.

Fast forward to last night, I finally mustered the energy to give it another go, hoping to shake off my disgusted first experience. This time I decided to familiarize myself by doing races and testing out cars.

Driving physics
There should be no surprise here; anyone who's played HP2010 will instantly be familiar with the almost unresponsive steering when maneuvering through traffic on the straights, as if each vehicle is carrying its weight while switching lanes.

Where MW differs from Criterion's last game is in the cornering; the reason for this is to accommodate Fairhaven's road design. Drifting is just as easy to pull off by easing onto the brakes or quickly tapping the handbrake. Of course you'll need some speed to pull off long drifts, which can effectively be performed on certain sections of the map. With that said, unlike in HP, drifting isn't something that needs to be performed on every corner. Moreover, considering how dense the city is, with its low speed cornering sections, drifting is only an option (but still useful to build up nitrous when you're on the appropriate roads). Overall, I found the physics to be an improvement over HP2010.

Environment
To be honest, I was never I big fan of free roaming in a city landscape. I easily get lost during races with all the many distractions littered about. Couple that with high speed driving, and you'll see me becoming intimate with the concrete walls more so than I'd normally like to be.

Not quite as breathtaking as Paradise City like I was expecting, but perhaps it's just my jaded perspective of city free roaming games. It has some interesting locations, a variety of terrains, plenty of jumps, alleys and parking garages to explore, but the city just doesn't inspire me like Seacrest County. Again, I'm generally not a fan of city environments.

Cars
I'm more about quality over quantity, and while the latest NFS supposedly delivers the most varied selection of vehicles, it does feel like a few cars have been omitted.

I haven't spent much time with all the cars other than the Atom, Countach, Focus RS500, and Panamera (which I used to shut down the first 4 MW cars). But from the ones I've used, I already felt the vast differences in each car's ability to execute drifts and how well they can withstand beatings from the AI. Some felt heavy and sluggish, while others felt grippy and agile; pretty much all behaved as I expected.

One thing I'd like to mention is my ever growing appreciation for sturdier vehicles. There's just so much satisfaction in ramming the AI out of the way, who cares about your race time. Lightweights require skill to handle, but are much more rewarding if you can manage to get by unscathed. Seriously, an Atom with SUV cops chasing you can be a nightmare.

Graphics and sound
Gorgeous as expected. I however did experience some slow down during the start of the races when all the AI cars were cluttered together while driving in wet conditions.

I've never had a problem with the sounds in any of the recent NFS, and this is no exception.

Gameplay and my impressions of it as of now
Admittedly after 3 hours of getting used to the game, it started to grow on me. I've played Paradise and HP, and as a result the gameplay as well as the structure of MW are familiar to me.

One thing to note is the aggressive cops and racers; you really have to be cautious when overtaking a racer because a side swipe from them can cost you. It really pays to be equally aggressive because everyone seems to be fighting for position. As for the cops, they can and will T-bone you out of no where. And along with cops laying spikes out ahead of you, certain cops at higher heat levels will speed up ahead and do a rolling spike drop like in HP. However the difference here is that after a few seconds from the previous drop, they can drop another one and continue on in this fashion until you overtake or take the cop down. So do not tail him.

Another thing I've noticed is that you can challenge the Most Wanted Racers in any order as long as you unlock the race for them with enough SP.

Race events and pursuits are as action packed as I expected. But as I mentioned in my first impression, the difficulty of free-roaming pursuits are severely disappointing. It feels like I'm cheating whenever I go through repair stations or switching cars; the latter I was expecting would be integral in creating one long epic chase. But really all you need is a durable car and a few memorized repair spots and you're good to go.

Other positive and negative aspects worth mentioning

Negatives:
-As some have mentioned, no rear mirror.
-Perhaps I'm used to BP, but the lack of DJ Atomika makes the game seem quiet.
-No helicopter.
-Cops don't have presence or that intimidation factor, like in HP2010. They feel like they're just there.
-No radar to warn you of cops.

Positives:
-Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm enjoying the hell out of the opening cinemas for the events. I literally yelled "WTF" when I saw the opening cutscene for the Panamera's pursuit event. Always nice to see Criterion injecting some humor in their games.
-Music, while some may not be to my liking, is still appropriate for MW I find. Much better than what they have in Horizon, yuck!
-They freakin' calmed down with the crash cams! Thank you, Criterion. The crash cam triggers only when you crash (taking down AI, or running over spikes doesn't trigger it).
-Damage is very impressive and improved over HP2010. Cars can also accumulate dirt.

Verdict

Having spent a few hours with MW, I can already tell that this isn't the NFS I see myself getting addicted to, seeing as everything I've experience so far has been done in games I've already played. Thus, I see MW more of something I'll be chipping away at little by little, when I'm not occupied with my other games.

This is not to say MW is bad by any means. It's just that I have this feeling like I already played this game. MW introduces nothing new to me. Multiplayer might change my view, but then again I am mostly for the single-player. Nevertheless, everything, except for the pursuits, has lived up to my expectations. I was never overly excited about this release, just simply interested.

While I can understand the frustration of long time fans of the series seeing Criterion taking a new direction with NFS, I can still see the fun in MW2012. Yes, like everyone else I'd prefer to keep everything separate. But with all that is said, it still is your typical fun arcade racer.

I'd advise anyone on the fence to rent it first. Form your own opinion, give it more than a few hours and try to learn the game. Don't worry about the negative reviews from long time NFS fans. If you enjoyed Paradise and love online gaming, this might be suited for you. As for someone looking for a traditional NFS game, I highly recommend you rent it first.

No regrets getting it on day one, with all that I've said.

Anyway, if you've read this far I commend you. I had fun writing this. 8)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

One flaw I agree with a lot of the previous post, is that there isn't 'much to do' (unless you're a perfectionist who likes to find all the little hidden secrets in the entire game world)
that is... until I hopped onto Multiplayer...

boy is it fun... I think the whole Autolog thing was also to try and push people into playing multiplayer.

I'm still not entirely sure of the whole mechanic, but it is quite different from the single player experience... it runs on a separate unlocking mechanic it seems (as a lot of the cars I have on SP isn't there in MP, whereas some MP cars I've not found yet on SP) and all the unlocks and mods come differently...

the types of races/challenges are interesting too, albeit some very confusing (especially those "jump to" objectives)

about the stutter, and jerkiness, this fixed for me: (from another forum)

Code: Select all

people go to Documents>>Criterion Games>>MostWanted>>open the file with notepad and LockTo30=true >> ctrl + S

to get rid of the jerkiness and stutter.
the crash cutscenes still irks me every time though... wish there was a way to just stop them from happening... (which kind of forces me to use reinforced frame and anti-collision body mods on almost every car... or I "crash" with every touch)

also looking into FX injectors to see if I can get the jaggies away (will try later today)
Last edited by zedex on 05 Nov 2012, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

This topic amuses me a lot..

The game in pictures etc looks very nice and promising, but then it's a EA game and that is what they are good at marketing.

After reading preview stuff and all I already had the idea that this again is not a NFS game for me, and reading the user reviews now it's basically confirmed.

I do like a good fun arcade title (even tough I am more of serious racing gamer) and games like the what older nfs games like Underground and also the original Most Wanted, sure the stories where lame but that was part of the fun and the cars where riced to the max and all that but it made it fun.

From what I read here this looks more like a online game with a bit of single player added to it and a repetitive one even.

I do have a question for those who played it, since it's clear you don't have to buy cars you can just trade them when you find one you like. then what it the use for slower sportscars if you already start with a 911?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

@junior6at:
bout these 2 points:
-Cops don't have presence or that intimidation factor, like in HP2010. They feel like they're just there.
-No radar to warn you of cops.

1. apparently, once your bounty is high enough, cops become completely RELENTLESS in pursuing you, and you'll have some big trouble getting away without a raptor or evoque, and even the crown vics will hit you like the explorers and swat vans... that is only "apparently" as I'm not that far into the game yet

2. in your mini-map, you see the blue arrows which are police vehicles... if you hit them or speed past them with a high enough speed, they'll come after you... while during pursuit, you can also see on the mini-map where they've set up roadblocks, and how far they are behind you... and you see when they crash, as their arrow just starts spinning erratically

my full review coming up shortly
TheStig wrote:I do have a question for those who played it, since it's clear you don't have to buy cars you can just trade them when you find one you like. then what it the use for slower sportscars if you already start with a 911?
each vehicle have their own set of races (although some vehicles share a few of the same) so you wouldn't expect they put a race where you use a Raptor to go against Ageras and Veyrons, it's against other Raptors, Evoques, and (other SUVs?!)
main point is that cars in this game are "collectibles" as you find them and complete events with them, you "complete" them
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

zedex wrote: 2. in your mini-map, you see the blue arrows which are police vehicles... if you hit them or speed past them with a high enough speed, they'll come after you... while during pursuit, you can also see on the mini-map where they've set up roadblocks, and how far they are behind you... and you see when they crash, as their arrow just starts spinning erratically
I know about the mini map, I want a radar that will warn you visually and by sound if the cops are near by, before they detect you. Like in the first MW it was located above (or underneath?) the rear view mirror. HP2010 had one as well.

It's funny because when I'm speeding to my next race event, while keeping an eye out for jack spots and trying not to crash, I unknowingly zoom by patrol cars, engage in pursuit for like 15 seconds, then evade them.
Theadamh123
Stock
Stock

Post by Theadamh123 »

I think this game is AMAZING! TBH in my opinion every franchise of NFS after carbon was rubbish! This new one is brilliant! The handling is perfect and the multiplayer is fun. In my opinion the shift games were the worst, sim and arcade don't go together well i i thought the handling was useless, everything else about the game was brilliant but the handling made it unplayable. Most wanted is FUN and thats what need for speed is all about!
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Jack33673 wrote:It looks another short game to me there are ten drivers who are wanted by the cops and you have to earn the SL points in order to race, then when you beat them then you have to shunt down the member by crashing into them. (Note: when you’re racing against a wanted driver the cops will be on you) There aren't a lot car choices in this game you have to drive around Fairheaven city to found the cars aka jack spots, however you can get parts by winning races but not before you got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) playing the same races over and over and over again. Easydrive is a new in the game it allows to change parts while you are in the game without missing a thing, it can be well a bit confusing if you using a keyboard like I do forcing you multitask and unless you have Controller like the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or SRW-S1 Steering wheel or something like that you're going to end up Crashing alot. The single player good but it's short also each car has its own events so no one car has the same events sometimes you’re driving against cars faster than yours. The crash camera can be really annoying and triggers when you are not driving fast overall there will be mixed reviews about this game. My only problem is why did they call it most wanted 2 or add a large number of cars into the game. Also the game has a few glitches in it so will have to wait and see.
Your problem its that you are of the people that still don't understand that this game its not MOST WANTED 2 , this is not a sequel or a remake , this is another need for speed game that focus on being the most wanted therefore based on the premise that's why its called most wanted also that's criterion favorite game in the series but im sure they dint like it for the customization or the storyline , they like it because of the crazy,massive pursuits and the chaos...the only reason criterion add the performance mods in this game was because they want it to try it out or basically wanted to please all fans including the ones that are fan from the original game but apparently lots of us here we have a love affair with razor and cross so therefore ..the game its gonna be bombarded by all kinds of trolls and fans of the original alike..

So.. since criterion decided to try out a bit of customization and it has this army of the original most wanted fanboys cursing at it and all of that ..damn the hell with customization in the next nfs title..hell i hope criterion moves on to something else..because honestly they try to please all crowds even try to honor the original game by adding references and stuff and still not enough and the funny thing its that this game its sitting pretty close to the original most wanted in terms of reviews scores and reactions.

The game has its flaws but honestly stop thinking this is a sequel to most wanted cause its not..this the spiritual successor to burnout paradise.

RAnt mode off

We cannot reinvent the wheel all we can do its take from it and keep evolving applying new concepts while keeping the core values as well as keeping up with society and pop culture because that's whats going to benefit the industry including the publishers i'm not trying to defend the marketing practices but business is business...as much as i hate to say it need for speed its not the same anymore it has evolved alot and it just gonna keep evolving...when ea create need for speed they were just a mere developer just like criterion then they evolved into a big developer and finally the big giant publisher it is today and now they are greedy and after money.so they will milk their franchises and there's nothing as consumers we can do about it.
Whoa dude calm down don't be rage quitting on me like that is just my opinion when I gave that review I wasn't done playing the game yet so calm down okay? Also you have to notice that the older NFS games didn't have a storyline to begin with so basically I still had time to change my opinion about the game, since I already beat the game today I will give my full review in the coming days so don't worry I'll tell you what I really think about this game.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

zedex wrote: each vehicle have their own set of races (although some vehicles share a few of the same) so you wouldn't expect they put a race where you use a Raptor to go against Ageras and Veyrons, it's against other Raptors, Evoques, and (other SUVs?!)
main point is that cars in this game are "collectibles" as you find them and complete events with them, you "complete" them
Ok that makes sense.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

It does happen to race let's say, an Subaru Impreza and find a GTR or 918 Spyder as competition.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It's funny but when I started with The Run, I just couldn't keep away. The environments are awesome, the handling was balanced, there was a reason to keep playing. Unfortunately I can't say that for Most Wanted: you experience everything the game has to offer in the first 15 min. After that, everything is more of a chore to get enough speed points to advance to the next nameless boss. While in The Run I couldn't wait to see what the next track will look like, here the whole city is bland with very few rememberable locations. And while I liked how most of the cars drive in The Run, here they only become drivable once you upgrade them to the max.
Enough with the comparisons, the cops are annoying and hard to get rid of (terrible cooldown mechanic). Why oh why did they get rid of pursuit breakers and cooldown spots? Bumper cam is too low, chase cam bounces around too much. Where is hood cam? Cars are just there, there's no attachment to any specific car.
I do like that the tracks have certain tricky spots where you can crash when not being careful, but why did they remove the reset button then? Better to reset and be back in the race than to restart. Catch up is too obvious as well.

Sad thing is they completely ignored the good features previous NFS games had (including the original Most Wanted) and tried to reinvent the wheel.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”