Bugs and performance issues thread

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Bugs and performance issues thread

Post by Jack33673 »

If you are having problems with your game find any bugs or have performance issues with this game with them here in this thread.
CivicJay21
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Bugs and performance issues thread

Post by CivicJay21 »

Yes i have a problem on the PS3, most times when i'm traveling at 160mph+ everything dissapears and the game freezes for about 10 seconds to load it up then it will resume and sometimes i'll fall through the game or crash into something that was invisible, need help with this since i cant update graphics card or anything since its a console
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

There's only one thing to do: Wait/hope for a patch.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

yeah lets hope so, my problem is that the game is losing FRS every time I play the game plus that glitch I found in the game.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

There's a patch coming, but it is not supposed to fix any of these issues... too bad. :\

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 50#p388749
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

What?! they better.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I tried this trick and it helped a lot:

Code: Select all

people go to Documents >> Criterion Games >> MostWanted >> open the file with notepad and LockTo30=true >> save
The game doesn't stutter so much now, even though there are still some occasional breaks, which usually last 5 to 10 seconds. The game even crashed once...

But locking the framerate to 30 does help.
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aroetem »

Does anyone else experience delays often in their game? What I mean is, prompts that pop up for takedowns, unlocks, etc.

I ask because for me, if there's a lot going on, there can be a 10 second delay between when I get a takedown and when the prompt comes up telling me that I did.

Also, I will occasionally crash, only for the slow motion crash camera to catch up 5 seconds later. The one time it happened was cool, though, because I saw my car crash and do several rollovers in real-time, which looked even better than the slow-motion ever does. (I actually got busted the one time because of this, though, because the game wouldn't let me drive as it waited for the crash camera to catch up.)

I also experienced something funny when I finished the game and the credits rolled. I pressed start so that I didn't have to watch them, and I was brought to an unloaded version of Fairhaven (Just gray everywhere), where I could only see the outline of my car. A few seconds before the world finally loaded, my driver just appeared, sitting, with no car body around him.

There's one final thing: If you go off of that ramp in the city to get on the railroad tracks and turn your car sideways between the median block and the wall of the railway, your car will glitch back and forth in and out of the two until it falls down onto the road.

Of course, none of these are game-breaking, but the delays can be a bit distracting.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Hydro_PT wrote:I tried this trick and it helped a lot:

Code: Select all

people go to Documents >> Criterion Games >> MostWanted >> open the file with notepad and LockTo30=true >> save
The game doesn't stutter so much now, even though there are still some occasional breaks, which usually last 5 to 10 seconds. The game even crashed once...

But locking the framerate to 30 does help.
File? What file?
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Aroetem wrote:Does anyone else experience delays often in their game? What I mean is, prompts that pop up for takedowns, unlocks, etc.

I ask because for me, if there's a lot going on, there can be a 10 second delay between when I get a takedown and when the prompt comes up telling me that I did.

Also, I will occasionally crash, only for the slow motion crash camera to catch up 5 seconds later. The one time it happened was cool, though, because I saw my car crash and do several rollovers in real-time, which looked even better than the slow-motion ever does. (I actually got busted the one time because of this, though, because the game wouldn't let me drive as it waited for the crash camera to catch up.)

I also experienced something funny when I finished the game and the credits rolled. I pressed start so that I didn't have to watch them, and I was brought to an unloaded version of Fairhaven (Just gray everywhere), where I could only see the outline of my car. A few seconds before the world finally loaded, my driver just appeared, sitting, with no car body around him.

There's one final thing: If you go off of that ramp in the city to get on the railroad tracks and turn your car sideways between the median block and the wall of the railway, your car will glitch back and forth in and out of the two until it falls down onto the road.

Of course, none of these are game-breaking, but the delays can be a bit distracting.
What? Some of those things you mentioned actually happened to me.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Jack33673 wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:
File? What file?
I think its this one.

config.NFS13Save.ave
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Jack33673 wrote:
File? What file?
The only file in that folder: config.NFS13Save :wink:
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aroetem »

Jack33673 wrote:What? Some of those things you mentioned actually happened to me.
Well yeah, I kind of assumed that those aren't things that only happen when I play. :P

Does the crash cam delay happen to you, though? Because real-time crashes look so much better! That's the only bug that I actually like, haha.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

What do you mean by crash cam delay?
Aroetem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aroetem »

Jack33673 wrote:What do you mean by crash cam delay?
I mean that sometimes when I wreck, the slow motion crash camera isn't triggered until a few seconds later. I can move the camera around my car during that time, but I can't drive it.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Aroetem wrote:
Jack33673 wrote:What do you mean by crash cam delay?
I mean that sometimes when I wreck, the slow motion crash camera isn't triggered until a few seconds later. I can move the camera around my car during that time, but I can't drive it.
Ok that happens to me too but I don't think that's a bug.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

My mod settings for the Aston Martin never saves. When I jump into the car after restarting the game, everything returns to stock.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think the same happened to me. Yesterday I jumped into the Aston Martin to finish one of the events, and the car was totally stock. I always install the available mods in my cars, and I had won 4 of the 5 events, so there were plenty of mods unlocked. I will try it again tonight to see if the car has returned to stock.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yup, I can confirm this too on PS3 version. Other cars seem to be ok.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Hopefully we'll get a future patch that'll fix these issues. I get a little nervous whenever I approach a void. This happened to me twice so far, and when I drove into it, the game freezed for a second, then it rendered the road in front of me and I resumed the race.

Another annoyance is the Easy Drive menu. I don't know if I'm missing something here, but whenever I bring up the menu the first time, after 10-20 seconds of browsing it automatically exits out. Second time I bring up the menu there's no problem. I get a little peeved because I like to compare car stats.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

I've noteice about the Aston Martin too the same thing goes the easy drive menu also why didn't they make use of the headset to use easy drive?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Jack33673 wrote:.. why didn't they make use of the headset to use easy drive?
How would that work? :shock:
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

I'm talking about single player mode. Using Easy Drive via voice command.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Jack33673 wrote:I'm talking about single player mode. Using Easy Drive via voice command.

Yeah... no
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

t3ice wrote:
Jack33673 wrote:I'm talking about single player mode. Using Easy Drive via voice command.

Yeah... no
No what?

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”