Game can't keep up

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Game can't keep up

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Seems my PS3 can't load the world fast enough to keep up with the fastest cars, resulting in pauses and voids appearing the in the map. Does anyone else get this problem?

Here's an example with the Veyron in the "Trail Blazer" event.

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Game can't keep up

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm sometimes I get a massive break (between 5 to 20 seconds), but that's it. Even at high speeds with a car like the Bugatti, my textures load up fine. I'm playing with everything on minimum though, so that might help.

The breaks happen everytime, not necessarily when I'm going really fast. Sometimes I'm just starting to drive and there's a 10 second break. In ~9 hours of gameplay, the game just crashed to desktop once. The only weird glitch was after the credits, your car spawns somewhere in the city but you can only see the driver for a few seconds before the entire car is loaded.

This shows that Most Wanted has indeed some serious performance problems. I hope Criterion is working on it... it takes all the fun away when driving at high speeds like that and bang, the road just disappears or the game just stalls.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Game can't keep up

Post by junior6at »

I fell through a bridge in the first MW race. This only happened to me once so far.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”