2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
muik45
Stock
Stock

multiplayer most wanted 2012

Post by muik45 »

Hello to all,
I would buy this game "most wanted 2012" for ps3,
but I'd like to have some information about the multiplayer.
I have nfs hot pusuit or where the multiplayer I really like because I can choose between the driver and the policeman and then between race - hot pursuit - pursuit of power and the different classes of vehicles.

in 2012 is for you?
ps. I need to use the code to play online?
thanks to all
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: multiplayer most wanted 2012

Post by GT3x24x7 »

You can't play as cops in Most Wanted 2012, if that's what you mean.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

first of all, it's completely different here vs Hot Pursuit
secondly, it doesn't follow the single-player progression at all, a completely separate system...

that being said, I'm having SO MUCH fun with it!

it's unlike any other racing games before... there isn't really a "lobby" waiting for a race anymore... they just throw you into the city and you drive around, until the race list pops up... a series of up to 5 races...

then for each, everyone have to drive to a certain "meet spot" pointed on the map, and start the event...

the events are VERY varied, can be the classic old races, to challenges and stunts... some have car type restrictions, or they can be open... each event win, takedown, etc add to your speed points, and at the end of a series of races, is the winner...

they're EXTREMELY fun... and like I said, unlike ANY racing game before, although a few of the challenges were impossibly hard... most of the time if you love cars and do crazy things with them, then you'll love it

it's basically a giant playground with cars

however, if you wanted pursuit online, it's non-existent... you'd have to stick to single-player for that
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I've been wondering about the multiplayer in the last days. That's the reason to buy the game anyway. I've been completing all races in SP and unlocking all mods for each car. I want to get 100% SP completion before moving on to MP. Too bad you can't carry your progress from SP to MP, I spent quite some time unlocking all PRO mods for a certain car in each class, but it seems that this will be useless online, since I will have to unlock everything again. :|

I hope there's enough people playing on the PC. It would suck to get the game, hop in MP, and having no one to race with and unlock cars and mods.

I also need some Origin friends to get some competition.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Same here. I've been busy unlocking the pro mods for all the cars in single player and the game sort of became a grind. But that's okay for me, I'm hoping the experience for multiplayer is as good as you guys say.

I have a question though, how do we level up our SP level? I think that's what it's called. I thought that was for your multiplayer progression but apparently I'm now at level 62.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

(YAHT - Yet Another Hijacked Thread.. but whatever, here's my $0.02..)

It's not fully clear to me either, but it seems that your single player SP counts toward unlocking cars for use in multiplayer, so that's something at least. Mulltiplayer has its own progression as has been mentioned, and it seems that once you top that out, you can activate something called 'Concours', which lets you start over and go through the whole progression again.

I'm like you guys and have been working to unlock pro mods for all cars in single player (although I don't bother too much with those pesky crash escapes if they don't happen naturally), as well as trying to hit #1 on every speedwall I come across along the way. So far I'm about halfway done.

I've tried a few multiplayer sessions but TBH so far I find the experience rather underwhelming. Mostly it's just a giant crashfest and I spend my time between events looking for an out of the way place to avoid getting crunched while I fiddle with easydrive etc.

During races there's inevitably 2-3 obvious kids in Bugattis that are clearly out to take you down at any cost. This is the opposite of my ideal multiplayer, which involves clean racing, probably with collision detection turned off.

But that's the public game. I think perhaps my salvation might lie in creating custom sessions with the event types I like (races, basically) and inviting like-minded friends to those. Maybe I'll try that later.
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I have been playing the Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 Multiplayer for 21 Hours, 39 Minutes so far.

I must say, the multiplayer is awesome, I like the whole take-down's idea. The events in the multiplayer are great also. Just the traffic can be irritating sometimes.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Yeah Tell me about and crashing are irritating too.

P.S. My screen-name is Drod4000

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”