Glitch tread

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Glitch tread

Post by Jack33673 »

If you have pics of glitches form put them here.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Glitch tread

Post by Hydro_PT »

I just had one of those weird visual glitches. It's the first time it has happened. I've been playing for +19 hours now, on the PC.

The screen just flickered like this for some seconds, I tried to keep driving but it was impossible. Then the game froze and I had to alt + tab and shut the process down. :\

YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Ewww, nasty. That looks a bit like the kind of stuff you'd get when your graphics card might start failing.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

That was my first thought, a failing graphics card, because the colours flipped a lot too. But this was the screenshot I managed to grab at the time, and it shows only black lines. The game froze 1 second later or so. A bright yellowish light in the middle of the screen, plus those black lines, and then the screen went totally black. ALT + TAB, followed by task manager. And back to the game a couple of minutes later to finish the race. :D This time it was all ok, so I think it was just a random glitch.

My graphics card is about 6 months old, so I don't think it is failing already (it can though, you never know). Temps are quite low at the moment (this week has seen very cold weather where I live), and I've never had such a problem in any other game, even after playing several hours without a break.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again. But yeah, it was nasty... and I lost the race. :P
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

YaelDjiel wrote:Ewww, nasty. That looks a bit like the kind of stuff you'd get when your graphics card might start failing.
Please that's nothing look at these Pictures I took

Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Hydro_PT wrote:That was my first thought, a failing graphics card, because the colours flipped a lot too. But this was the screenshot I managed to grab at the time, and it shows only black lines. The game froze 1 second later or so. A bright yellowish light in the middle of the screen, plus those black lines, and then the screen went totally black. ALT + TAB, followed by task manager. And back to the game a couple of minutes later to finish the race. :D This time it was all ok, so I think it was just a random glitch.

My graphics card is about 6 months old, so I don't think it is failing already (it can though, you never know). Temps are quite low at the moment (this week has seen very cold weather where I live), and I've never had such a problem in any other game, even after playing several hours without a break.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again. But yeah, it was nasty... and I lost the race. :P
Hydro_PT everybody knows that the game isn't optimized properly so you can expect things like this to happen. By the way my galaxy geforce 550 ti is about a year so this something like this shouldn't happened, plus I have a 3 year extended warranty on it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

And it happened again. This time a few textures began to flicker, but the game still worked. I even tried to complete a race, see if the loading screen would help the problem. But it just made everything worse. :(

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I had this on console one time too.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

When is EA coming with the patch?
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I really want to know when will another patch be released. There are issues with this game, for PC at least.

I hope they make 1 big patch that fixes everything.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

okuhle94 wrote:I really want to know when will another patch be released. There are issues with this game, for PC at least.

I hope they make 1 big patch that fixes everything.
Yes, please.
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I have been noticing this rather weird issue.

On Multiplayer, sometimes I get takedowns from not touching the car at all. Basically I will be driving, then when a car passes really close to me, without touching my car, it says I took them down. This happens quite regularly, not all time.

This is either an issue or it is just an issue with my crappy internet (I got 1mbps ADSL Line).
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think that's lag. It happened to me a few times already. Either that or I will hit another driver dead on and they won't move an inch, it's like I didn't hit them.

I love the MP of Most Wanted, it's absolute crazy fun. :D There a couple of things I would change, though. The first one is the list of players, it is too big and sometimes I can't see what's around the corner because of the list being there. I also don't like the fact that the main HUD disappears everytime you bring up EasyDrive or you are waiting for a race/event to start. Yesterday I remember crashing a lot during an event, and after the event was finished I spent 2 full minutes getting "spammed" by takedown messages and new unlocks. The game piled up all the takedowns I did during the event and displayed them all at the end. When the information "drive to meet up" appeared on my screen, it was already too late to drive there. They could have left at least the map on, so you know where to go next.

One more thing, maybe it is a glitch, maybe not, but if you use a custom avatar, will it show on billboards or on the Most Wanted list? I have a custom avatar on Origin, but I noticed that it doesn't show up in the game, only the default image shows up. I decided to use an avatar from the gallery, see if that works, but I didn't go online with it yet. I want my friends to see my avatar on their billboards. :D
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

Hydro_PT wrote:I think that's lag. It happened to me a few times already. Either that or I will hit another driver dead on and they won't move an inch, it's like I didn't hit them.

I love the MP of Most Wanted, it's absolute crazy fun. :D There a couple of things I would change, though. The first one is the list of players, it is too big and sometimes I can't see what's around the corner because of the list being there. I also don't like the fact that the main HUD disappears everytime you bring up EasyDrive or you are waiting for a race/event to start. Yesterday I remember crashing a lot during an event, and after the event was finished I spent 2 full minutes getting "spammed" by takedown messages and new unlocks. The game piled up all the takedowns I did during the event and displayed them all at the end. When the information "drive to meet up" appeared on my screen, it was already too late to drive there. They could have left at least the map on, so you know where to go next.

One more thing, maybe it is a glitch, maybe not, but if you use a custom avatar, will it show on billboards or on the Most Wanted list? I have a custom avatar on Origin, but I noticed that it doesn't show up in the game, only the default image shows up. I decided to use an avatar from the gallery, see if that works, but I didn't go online with it yet. I want my friends to see my avatar on their billboards. :D
This sums up pretty much the issues I have.

Oh to make your custom avatar appear in the game, you need to go to: www.needforspeed.com/autolog . There you must login with your origin account, and at the top of the page (after you have logged in), you can upload your custom avatar there. After uploading, your picture should now show on billboards (provided you are the highest jump recorded).
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I didn't even know Autolog had its own website. :mrgreen: In Hot Pursuit and SHIFT 2, I simply use the built-in Autolog feature.

Thanks, I will upload my picture. :D I own a few records in billboards. Everytime I see a record higher than mine, I try to beat it right there. :P
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Hydro_PT wrote:I didn't even know Autolog had its own website. :mrgreen: In Hot Pursuit and SHIFT 2, I simply use the built-in Autolog feature.

Thanks, I will upload my picture. :D I own a few records in billboards. Everytime I see a record higher than mine, I try to beat it right there. :P
What you know you could do that Hydro_PT? They advertise it at the bottom when the game is loading.
mmatz
Stock
Stock

Post by mmatz »

I encountered only one glitch during my playthrough.
Somehow, race-loading screen and pause screen were opened at the same time.
I had blacklist rankings on both sides of the screen, and ofc, race didn't load.
Game became frozen, though, I could hear the sound while pressing Esc, but that's it.
Had to restart the game to play again.

Sadly, it didn't came to my mind to take a screenshot of it.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I dunno if you can classify this as a glitch but during online play, my PS3 froze. I had to do a manual restart and when I did, it said it had to reset some stuff and when I put MW back in, it erased ALL my single player progress. I had to start from scratch. Odd thing is, my stats were all still there. But I now have to redo ALL my races to unlock parts and rerace the 10 MW. Luckily my online wasn't affected. I only had to re choose my parts.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

BluePhirePB wrote:I dunno if you can classify this as a glitch but during online play, my PS3 froze. I had to do a manual restart and when I did, it said it had to reset some stuff and when I put MW back in, it erased ALL my single player progress. I had to start from scratch. Odd thing is, my stats were all still there. But I now have to redo ALL my races to unlock parts and rerace the 10 MW. Luckily my online wasn't affected. I only had to re choose my parts.
It's a common issue I've read everywhere. Online freezes once you complete a speedlist after you go concours and if you join a lobby in the middle of a speedlist. Freezes also occur randomly from my experience.

So wait, your online progression is intact, i.e. unlocked cars, mods, etc.? Time to backup your game regularly. I learned my lesson after the YLOD.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

junior6at wrote:
BluePhirePB wrote:I dunno if you can classify this as a glitch but during online play, my PS3 froze. I had to do a manual restart and when I did, it said it had to reset some stuff and when I put MW back in, it erased ALL my single player progress. I had to start from scratch. Odd thing is, my stats were all still there. But I now have to redo ALL my races to unlock parts and rerace the 10 MW. Luckily my online wasn't affected. I only had to re choose my parts.
It's a common issue I've read everywhere. Online freezes once you complete a speedlist after you go concours and if you join a lobby in the middle of a speedlist. Freezes also occur randomly from my experience.

So wait, your online progression is intact, i.e. unlocked cars, mods, etc.? Time to backup your game regularly. I learned my lesson after the YLOD.
Yes.

On single player, it still shows my Autolog records for billboard jumps, speedcam limits as well as total gates located, total billboards broken, total jackspots found BUT ... all other single player stats have been reset. It says I've now only played 3 hours (instead of 50+), 2 races completed, 8% total complete (it was 85% before) and the counters are all set back to zero. I'm currently relocating all the jackspots and it's counting them up as far as single player stats is concerned but my online Autolog stats still shows what it was prior to the crash.

I will say tonight, it crashed again. However, this time it said it'd reset my game, I hit O instead of X at the limited progress I made was intact. Guess I should have did that last night instead of hitting X. :(
TwistedAudio
Stock
Stock

Post by TwistedAudio »

Hello All,

I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, i've won all the races with the Jaguar but I havent unlocked short gears or aero body. It tells me they're unlocked by winning Burning Rubber but for some reason I unlocked ram chassis when I won that race.

When I won the ram chassis race I got unlocked nothing... Now I cant finish this car...

Anyone else had this issue?
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

TwistedAudio wrote:Hello All,

I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, i've won all the races with the Jaguar but I havent unlocked short gears or aero body. It tells me they're unlocked by winning Burning Rubber but for some reason I unlocked ram chassis when I won that race.

When I won the ram chassis race I got unlocked nothing... Now I cant finish this car...

Anyone else had this issue?
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed ... 92#U606392
Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing an issue with the Jaguar XKR Modification, please read this information and the workaround below:

We are aware of an issue with the 'Burning Rubber' event as a result of downloading the latest free content pack for Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

If you complete the event after downloading the free content pack, you will be awarded the Ram Chassis mod, rather than the Short Gears or Aero Body mods for the Jaguar XKR. This issue also affects players who have already unlocked these mods but have yet to take them to 'pro' level before installing the latest free content patch.

Below, you can find details of a workaround that should help fix the issue:
Remove the latest free content pack patch data by going into your game data files in your console menu and manually delete them. Please note, you do not need to delete any save game data.

Start the game and dismiss any prompts to sign in or go online
Complete the 'Burning Rubber' event and come first to unlock both the Aero Body and Short Gears mods
Once obtained - equip both of the mods
While equipped, complete the milestone criteria to unlock the 'Pro' versions of the equipped mods and allow the auto-save icon to appear on screen
After auto-saving has completed, quit the game.
Download and install the latest free content pack once more.

Once the final step has completed you should find that both mods will now be unlocked and available to equip in single player.
TwistedAudio
Stock
Stock

Post by TwistedAudio »

You my friend are an absolute legend, thank u very much.

I'll try it when I get in from work...

Nice 1

Edit: worked a treat thank u :)
kilenem09
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kilenem09 »

In my nfs heroes dlc pack its suck at 96% and it says I haven't driven one the cars I've drove all of them
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I am now getting the number plate problem.

Every time I change what the number plate should look like, it will reset the next time I enter the game.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”