First Gameplay Video for NFS Most Wanted

RNCoetzee
Ricer
Ricer

Re: First Gameplay Video for NFS Most Wanted

Post by RNCoetzee »

Guys, open your eyes please! There is NO VISUALLY CUSTOMIZE on cars....just look at the cover page before you buy. You will see stock Porsche racing against Aston while cops in background - IT SAYS EVERYTHING.

You will have stock body kits and upgraded engine and armor ... like I said NFS is already dead, FFS!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

TBH, I don't care about that.
PuskasGT
Stock
Stock

Post by PuskasGT »

I wouldn't care either if it wasn't another take by Criterion on a previous Need For Speed title that didn't have any visual customization, similar to the original Hot Pursuit. This game feels empty and bland without it. It not only lacks the great amount of features the original had but also the individualism that many fell for.

They should just ditch the Most Wanted title.
RNCoetzee
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RNCoetzee »

Watch and orgasm...these days were the best NFS ever (it needs cop = Most Wanted).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SvL-qzh ... r_embedded

and here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Z7_UC0 ... r_embedded

I could counter by saying "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity"
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Even though I do like to tune my cars, if EA is going to come up with full bodykits, like they have done since Most Wanted, I prefer to have stock cars and no tuning at all! Just proper stock cars, like Hot Pursuit has. Even World, which is focused on tuning, still doesn't have a proper tuning system like Underground 2, so honestly, I don't see why Criterion would waste time with that in Most Wanted.

To be honest, all the "illegal street racing tuning" scene is pretty much over. That was popular a few years ago, it isn't anymore. Unless the trend changes again, I don't see EA going back to proper tuning. Also, what other racing games do you see out there which have proper tuning? None... the last proper ones were Juiced and Midnight Club. How many years ago? :wink:
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Hydro_PT wrote:Even though I do like to tune my cars, if EA is going to come up with full bodykits, like they have done since Most Wanted, I prefer to have stock cars and no tuning at all! Just proper stock cars, like Hot Pursuit has. Even World, which is focused on tuning, still doesn't have a proper tuning system like Underground 2, so honestly, I don't see why Criterion would waste time with that in Most Wanted.

To be honest, all the "illegal street racing tuning" scene is pretty much over. That was popular a few years ago, it isn't anymore. Unless the trend changes again, I don't see EA going back to proper tuning. Also, what other racing games do you see out there which have proper tuning? None... the last proper ones were Juiced and Midnight Club. How many years ago? :wink:
what about Shift 2 even though it wasnt street racing. Also you dont need street racing to have tuning.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

SHIFT 2 (and SHIFT 1, btw), also had full bodykits. Tuning was pretty poor in those games. But since it was focused on track racing cars, it is normal that they were full bodykits, and massive ones, because that's what you need in track racing.

Of course you don't need street racing to have tuning, but one and the other are tied together. And that whole scene is over in my opinion. Even the movies who were an inspiration to Underground games (Fast and Furious), no longer feature the "tuning scene". So if the trend is no longer that, it makes sense that EA doesn't want to waste time on that.

Believe me, I would LOVE to have back a racing game with proper tuning like Undeground. But if it hasn't come yet, I don't think it will ever come, unless the trend changes again. The only thing we have is World, so let's hope BlackBox does their job right.
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SonicTH228 »

RNCoetzee wrote:Guys, open your eyes please! There is NO VISUALLY CUSTOMIZE on cars....just look at the cover page before you buy. You will see stock Porsche racing against Aston while cops in background - IT SAYS EVERYTHING.

You will have stock body kits and upgraded engine and armor ... like I said NFS is already dead, FFS!
You have only seven posts here and you squander two of them telling us how s*** this game will be? Get outta here, kid.
RNCoetzee
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RNCoetzee »

SonicTH228 wrote:
RNCoetzee wrote:Guys, open your eyes please! There is NO VISUALLY CUSTOMIZE on cars....just look at the cover page before you buy. You will see stock Porsche racing against Aston while cops in background - IT SAYS EVERYTHING.

You have only seven posts here and you squander two of them telling us how s*** this game will be? Get outta here, kid.
Shut The firetruck Up...If you don't live for 20 years of PC franchise, you must be inexperienced and uninformed. Who give you the right to make me leave??? Hmm?

Do you really know who EA actually are? They aren't focusing good game anymore, it all about marketing by creating bad games and making more money by ADVERTISING GAMES. People buy games from their eyes, and not realizing how bad the games will be. Unfortunately its true ... what happened to mods? You see my point...

I've playing NFS from High Stake (2nd title) up to Most Wanted. People like me are expecting games like Most Wanted 2 and Underground 3 for years long...but this Most Wanted 2012 is not Most Wanted IMO! (Not ragging against you Hydro_PT)

If you know how 1970 Dodge Charge is, the new Dodge Charger is not a CHARGER! Most young guys don't get it.

Most EA modern title games are ported from console version to PC...which is very disappointing for PC community. And why can't you see how much NFS were dumbed down for console port and ported to PC? They should created for PC first and then properly ported to console...and thats why we see things slowly disappear. PC are leading platform, and consoles are 6 years old aged museum.

But remember this is net! :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

RNCoetzee wrote:(Not ragging against you Hydro_PT)
You better not! :evil: I'm kidding hehe. :lol:

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, remember that. If you don't agree that's fine, but you have to respect. We need healthy discussions around here. That's the point of a forum, anyway. :)

One thing I've been saying for a long time now, is that the Need For Speed franchise took so many different directions during all these years, that it is actually impossible for EA to do a NFS that pleases everyone (or let's say 99%, because there's always someone ragging about something). This Most Wanted will be the 19th NFS people. It has been 18 years since the very first one. We had so many different games... how could EA possibly mix everything together well? Not possible.

Honestly, if this game is anywhere as fun as Hot Pursuit was, I will enjoy it. I love the way Criterion makes the car's handling enjoyable and arcade, the way you crash on others, the freeroam, the way they build cities, etc. I don't know if the story is going to be any good, but the details about the multiplayer sound good to me. I mean, Team Races where you can finish the race and then just go backwards and crash on others who are still racing just to help your team? How awesome is that? :D No menus, no lobby thing, just free roam, crash, do spins and crazy stuff... I do like it.

I just hope Frostbite doesn't end up being another fail, like it was in The Run. Badly optimized, car's handled like sh*t, no proper sense of speed, and other problems.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ooh, getting spicy in here! Now where did I leave that banhammer..?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Marc de Vellis from BlackBox asked for it, remember? :lol: I think he was going to ban cheaters in NFS World, but you probably should go over there and teach them how to use it. The heavy part falls on the cheaters, not the other away around. :mrgreen:

Or just ask for it back in exchange for some Speedboost. :?
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStalker »

Hydro_PT wrote:Marc de Vellis from BlackBox asked for it, remember? :lol: I think he was going to ban cheaters in NFS World, but you probably should go over there and teach them how to use it. The heavy part falls on the cheaters, not the other away around. :mrgreen:

Or just ask for it back in exchange for some Speedboost. :?
^ :lol:

Seriously though... ARMOR UPGRADES??? Is this a racing game or a vehicle combat game?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ Agree.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

HP was pretty much a vehicle combat game...
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ Disagree.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

IMO this game looks like what we would get if we combined Burnout Paradise & NFSMW together. Street Racing had been dying the past few years, all I hear about now locally is some "street races" with ricers and trucks. (Weird combo right?) Tuning on the other hand has been divided and most cars that are built all out are for the track, and than you have your stance/hellaflush cruise cars, Drift missiles etc.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Look, the racing itself doesn't look too bad, but overall I'm as cheesed off as the rest of you when it comes to the overall package, from first appearance anyway.

First off, seems like Criterion wanted to take the relative success of Hot Pursuit, and turn it into an open world racer, and because of that vague resemblance to Most Wanted, they decided to ride off the attention that naming it so would get them. This doesn't seem like a true successor to MW whatsoever, and it doesn't seem like they've tried to take much from the original at all.

Also disappointed it seems as though there's no customization, especially when that's been one of the top points raised by the community year in year out (just look at the NFS forums, or even fan sites like our own). It seems they completely neglect to listen to there fan base every year, and they wonder why they aren't doing well. Every year since Undercover I swear they've been saying that this year they're releasing a quality title to steady the ship, and it turns out to be crummy.

Some points you guys might not have noticed, and this comes from wikipedia, is that the car list is a mix of 'Muscle', 'Street' and 'Exotics', and is described as 'the wildest selection of cars yet'. I take that positively, seeing as I jumped to the conclusion slightly from the video's that it would be an exotic only affair. Also, 'Car performance Modifications and personalized rollouts are confirmed'. Performance modifications should be a bit of a given, and I'm reluctant how to read into the term 'personalized rollouts'.

We'll wait and see, but from first glance I'm pretty annoyed.
PuskasGT
Stock
Stock

Post by PuskasGT »

Hydro_PT wrote:Of course you don't need street racing to have tuning, but one and the other are tied together. And that whole scene is over in my opinion. Even the movies who were an inspiration to Underground games (Fast and Furious), no longer feature the "tuning scene". So if the trend is no longer that, it makes sense that EA doesn't want to waste time on that.

Believe me, I would LOVE to have back a racing game with proper tuning like Undeground. But if it hasn't come yet, I don't think it will ever come, unless the trend changes again. The only thing we have is World, so let's hope BlackBox does their job right
I understand that the ''Fast and the Furious'' and the ricer's scene has been dead for a long time now, but that's a louzy excuse and pure lazyness to still not include what many fans been asking for quite a while now and what set the original Most Wanted apart from the rest. It all came down to freedom of choice. That's why I personally loved the original, besides for the suicidal cops and overall great gameplay. I wasn't forced to rice out my ride (but I still did enjoy changing the appearance of it), yet the customization options where there for those who wanted to. It was a pure win-win situation.

On the other hand, they did mention ''personalized rollouts'', but doesn't say much to me. It could be anything, since this is Criterion we're talking about. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong.
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:First off, seems like Criterion wanted to take the relative success of Hot Pursuit, and turn it into an open world racer, and because of that vague resemblance to Most Wanted, they decided to ride off the attention that naming it so would get them. This doesn't seem like a true successor to MW whatsoever, and it doesn't seem like they've tried to take much from the original at all.
And that's one of the main problem with the chosen title. It's nothing like the original and also way too multiplayer-heavy at the expense of the single player experience that resembled Most Wanted.
Also disappointed it seems as though there's no customization, especially when that's been one of the top points raised by the community year in year out (just look at the NFS forums, or even fan sites like our own). It seems they completely neglect to listen to there fan base every year, and they wonder why they aren't doing well. Every year since Undercover I swear they've been saying that this year they're releasing a quality title to steady the ship, and it turns out to be crummy.
I always thought that Most Wanted was the pinnacle of the NFS franchise and this forum shows it quite well, in my opinion at least. I used to lurk here back in the days of good old Undergorund 2 & Most Wanted and seen a massive decrease in activity since then. I think that it does really point out the quality of latter NFS games and from where things went straight downhill.

Return to “News”