Most Wanted system requirements

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Most Wanted system requirements

Post by Hydro_PT »

Need For Speed: Most Wanted's system requirements were made available today at EA's digital store, Origin, where you can also pre-order the game. These requirements are not final and they can still change, because the game is only meant to be released later this year, but they might give you a clue whether you will be able to run the game or not.

One important thing to note is that Windows XP is no longer supported. DirectX 9 is also off the list, as the game engine used, Frostbite 2.0, only supports DirectX 10 and DirectX 11.

Minimum System Requirements

CPU: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
HDD: 20 GB
Graphics (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
HDD: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Most Wanted system requirements

Post by datass »

sucks to be the people with low-end pc's. Frostbite junk, they should have stuck with Chameleon.
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
Copkillar777
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Copkillar777 »

Poor XP user :cry:

Lucky that I use WIndows 7 :D
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

Copkillar777 wrote:Poor XP user :cry:

Lucky that I use WIndows 7 :D
don't get too excited :P you still need a good pc for it.

plus NFS The Run worked like crap on my PC even though i matched all the recommended specs minus the graphics card (GTX 550 instead of GTX 560)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I also prefer Hot Pursuit's engine. It was light on the computer, yet it provided very good graphics. The Run was badly optimized, I also had more than the recommended specs and while in some areas the game would run flawlessly, in others the framerate would just drop without any reason. Let's hope Criterion does a better job.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

agreed. maybe it's just my imagination but i noticed that all the Frostbite games have ether a cyan or sunset / orange themed graphics, tasteless. Hot Pursuit had that stylized realism graphics that reminds me of those car posters i had in my bedroom when i was a kid.

not to mention you need a monitor the size of the Buckingham palace for the game to look decent, regardless of the graphics settings.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

I think there is potential with the Frostbite 2 engine. I will agree that The Run had relatively poorish graphics - the animations were very poor but it ran fine on my 6 year old pc set on high - only video card is new. Battlefield 3 on the other hand looks and runs amazingly even on medium/high settings. In the right hands it could look really nice and run well too.
Ryu Makkuro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ryu Makkuro »

About the Frostbite 2. I'm not so sure about that, or rather EA is not sure about that. Look at this https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status ... 1615600640

It seems this game will run on Chameleon engine after all, or maybe EA is more stupid than we think? Besides, even if this will run on Frostbite 2, it will run properly, this is Criterion we are talking about, they know what they are doing.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

Ryu Makkuro wrote: even if this will run on Frostbite 2, it will run properly, this is Criterion we are talking about, they know what they are doing.
can't argue with that...
Ryu Makkuro wrote:or maybe EA is more stupid than we think?
can't argue with that ether...
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SonicTH228 »

Sounds better than The Run did. The Run was ludicrously high.

I could probably run this if I sought to play it on PC. Not sure what platform I'm going to, though.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

Hot Pursuit's system requirements were closer to these than The Run's. HP ran perfectly on a PC with half the minimum system requirements so...
DRUNKYARD_DOG
Stock
Stock

Post by DRUNKYARD_DOG »

hi everyone im new here just call me drunkee or something everyone does :)
sorry to be a newbie but whats a frostbite and chameleon engine? are those part of my computer?

Return to “News”