Most Wanted Preview - EA First Play

TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Most Wanted Preview - EA First Play

Post by TW1ST3R »

Like Bojan, I was able to attend a preview event of Most Wanted. Here I was able to play and get a feel for the new Criterion NFS while setting a couple of temporary time records in the name of NFSUnlimited.net!

You can read my article based on my thoughts of the game and demo here.
I attempted to answer what questions people posted in response to Bojan's article.

Feel free to post your thoughts and comments!
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Most Wanted Preview - EA First Play

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

Damn I should've gone to the one at highpoint shopping centre. :/
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TW1ST3R wrote:Like Bojan, I was able to attend a preview event of Most Wanted. Here I was able to play and get a feel for the new Criterion NFS while setting a couple of temporary time records in the name of NFSUnlimited.net!

You can read my article based on my thoughts of the game and demo here.
I attempted to answer what questions people posted in response to Bojan's article.

Feel free to post your thoughts and comments!
Are they going to be pursuits online?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Q2: "Can the Players be Cops as well and will be there Teamplay?" :?:
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:Are they going to be pursuits online?
As I said in the article, we only had access to one race and no online connectivity, so I can't provide an accurate answer to that question, but since Criterion has drawn upon a wide variety of sources for inspiration when developing the game, it may be possible they may implement a 'team escape event' based on the NFS WORLD event. However I have no idea whether they will actually do something like this, we'll just have to wait and see.
TRANSFORMER wrote:Q2: "Can the Players be Cops as well and will be there Teamplay?" :?:
Again, I have no idea, I'd say that would be unlikely (this isn't Hot Pursuit), however, I would say that it may be a possibility that cop cars may be available as bonuses (in DLC content) or unlockables like Cross' Corvette in Carbon. As of yet there has been no word on co-operative racing that I've head of.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Is there, a Toyota Supra?

Godd preview though. Im too excited for this game
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TW1ST3R can you talk more about the handling , im curious..i heard its a bit realistic and totally different from hp2010 and burnout paradise?..can you talk a lil bit more in depth.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

Zotic+ wrote:Is there, a Toyota Supra?
They haven't released the entire car list but let's do a checklist:

UG1 - Check
UG2 - Check
Most Wanted - Check
Carbon - Check
Prostreet - check
Undercover - check
Shift - check
World - check
Shift 2 - check

From the above, I'd say it'd by likely, and they do have the Subaru Impreza so it would make sense to have the Supra as something that would logically be natural competition for it right? But then again Hot Pursuit didn't have it...
Phantom_pain33 wrote:TW1ST3R can you talk more about the handling , im curious..i heard its a bit realistic and totally different from hp2010 and burnout paradise?..can you talk a lil bit more in depth.
Like I said, it was quite like driving in ProStreet for me, but far as 'realistic handling' goes, it was nothing like Shift or Shift 2. When you hit the NO2, the chassis wasn't torqued back as in the original Most Wanted and the acceleration wasn't as dramatic, instead the car became a little shaky and slightly more difficult to control (which is logical) with the gradual building increase in speed. During pursuits, I found it remarkably easy to pull a 180 or 360 degree turn, the e-brake worked wonderfully (just hit it in combination with the normal brake and turn hard). Unlike Hot Pursuit you can go around a corner without drifting, yet with the right application of the e-brake you can enter into a drift without too much difficulty, although you don't maintain your speed as well as in Hot Pursuit (again logical).
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

@TW1ST3R i barely play pro-street but it was a mess from what i played ,so that worries me. a bit a good semi-realistic handling its awesome and something close to the need for speed series then the burnout series so that's a plus! :o

Return to “News”