Most Wanted - Gameplay Series 4

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Most Wanted - Gameplay Series 4

Post by Hydro_PT »

Need For Speed: Most Wanted has a new video available. In it, we take a look at how the player can move up the most wanted list. Two cars are featured in the 4 minute video: the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, driven by the player, and the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4, which is the number 4 most wanted car. After a race against the rival and tons of cops through various places in Fairhaven, the player wins the race and has the opportunity to get the Lamborghini by taking the rival down in a Burnout-style crash. Get the video below!

junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Most Wanted - Gameplay Series 4

Post by junior6at »

I'm in love with this game already. Good job Criterion, now have some cake.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

junior6at wrote:I'm in love with this game already. Good job Criterion, now have some cake.
Alright now that's what i'm talking about! now the game its looking more like hot pursuit in rockport 2.0 , but you should see the game trailer preview , they show the ariel atom, the land rover evoque and tons of new areas specially like high in the mountains people complaining this game doesn't have customization well this game its fast and furious :mrgreen: for sure specially when you need to shutdown the most wanted cars. :wink:

My only issue its that there's no cops online :(
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

junior6at wrote:I'm in love with this game already. Good job Criterion, now have some cake.
They don't want cake, they want your money. :D
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Who told You that?!? :?

BTW:

There is soo much Traffic online... I hope I will come through it all in order to beat the Most Wanted! :twisted:

The Cops seems not folllow Us - They go in front of Us and crash the Roadblocks instead... #-o #-o #-o

I cannot imagine Myself to catch up and dodge the Most Wanted online, how this would look!?! :P

Hopefully there are no Cheats into the Multiplayers possible...

...unlimited Nitro Boost and God-Mode - I still hate it! :x :x :x
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:
Who told You that?!? :?

BTW:

There is soo much Traffic online... I hope I will come through it all in order to beat the Most Wanted! :twisted:

The Cops seems not folllow Us - They go in front of Us and crash the Roadblocks instead... #-o #-o #-o

I cannot imagine Myself to catch up and dodge the Most Wanted online, how this would look!?! :P

Hopefully there are no Cheats into the Multiplayers possible...

...unlimited Nitro Boost and God-Mode - I still hate it! :x :x :x
The cops follow you everywhere when you hit level 6 pursuit , Swat comes in.

Watch the gametrailers.com preview they confirmed it no cops online. :(

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episod ... ost-wanted
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Phantom! :roll:

Thank You 4 the Information - I Myself see SWAT 1st Time into the Pursuit-Mode!!! :D :D :D

BTW: Where is the point into the Video where They confirmed that about no Cops online?!? :?:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:@Phantom! :roll:

Thank You 4 the Information - I Myself see SWAT 1st Time into the Pursuit-Mode!!! :D :D :D

BTW: Where is the point into the Video where They confirmed that about no Cops online?!? :?:
like almost at the end when they talk about multiplayer.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

let the hate begin , everywhere this video its right now there's not even one single positive comment about it and if someone try to say something positive they shut them down burying his comment/opinion.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

They talked about the transition from offline to online being seamless, I didn't hear anything about no cops online.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

junior6at wrote:They talked about the transition from offline to online being seamless, I didn't hear anything about no cops online.
You have to keep watching man, one of the producers the girl says it , no cops online...the interviewer specifically ask the question and you can even see the disappointment when she answers and he goes again so no cops online? and she says no you and the other cars.

they interview in order

1-Alex ward-head of criterion
2-Craig Sullivan-creative director
3-Matt Webster-producer
4-Leanne-another producer.

They talk about it need for speed through the entire show everything divided by parts..single player,enviroments and cars,autolog and finally multiplayer.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Okay I'll watch the rest then.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

=D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

That GT video was pretty good. Nice and in-depth on those four aspects. Though I wish it was up on youtube, those ad breaks made me want to throw the laptop out the window :evil: At least it seems to answer a few of the questions popping up in response to the article I wrote based on the experiences I had with the demo.

I'm really quite impressed with the world - I especially loved the look of that canyon highway; it certainly looks like they've taken the best parts of Seacrest County and Paradise City and fused them into one. Shame I won't be able to smash though any of my mates faces on billboards ...they'll all be too busy playing Fifa :lol:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

TW1ST3R wrote:That GT video was pretty good. Nice and in-depth on those four aspects. Though I wish it was up on youtube, those ad breaks made me want to throw the laptop out the window :evil: At least it seems to answer a few of the questions popping up in response to the article I wrote based on the experiences I had with the demo.

I'm really quite impressed with the world - I especially loved the look of that canyon highway; it certainly looks like they've taken the best parts of Seacrest County and Paradise City and fused them into one. Shame I won't be able to smash though any of my mates faces on billboards ...they'll all be too busy playing Fifa :lol:
The world looks amazing :mrgreen: ,and yes love that canyon like highway up in the mountains kinda reminds me of a road here in the united states its called the blue ridge parkway it was featured in one of top gear best roads episode also the world looks huge man ,like in epic proportions see that's one of the things that i like about Criterion ,what they say goes ,when they give a presentation and they explain the game by words that's exactly what you experience they don't give you bad surprises and they deliver. :)

By the way if you are on ps3? add me.
676kingthrasher
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 676kingthrasher »

This game looks amazing. Thank you Criterion! :D Most Wanted 2005 was good but this looks amazing! lol

Dear Most Wanted fanboys:
All you have to do is win races, beat the blacklist rivals, escape from cops, and become Most Wanted! Not just customize your car.

P.S. This game looks awesome!
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

as much as i love the world design and gameplay... i'm really not pleased with their car selection (not that it's bad... but it could have been better)...

also one thing hearts me (very) badly in NFS titles done by criterion... and that's the extensive use of convertibles and roadsters... (if there was one (and only) thing i loved in NFS:TR it was the total elimination of convertibles)

it gets worse when you see that this "stunning design to g*yish design transformation" only happens on top of the line hyper and super cars (and the funny thing is... this only happens to the cars i love .. :lol: ). a roofless agera R...? R8 spyder?... roofless 918? roofless gallardo? ... thank god the bugatti's roof cant be removed..!
putting all of that aside i can not see any positive use for convertibles and i wonder why car makers are doing it...? :?
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Navid_A1 wrote:putting all of that aside i can not see any positive use for convertibles and i wonder why car makers are doing it...? :?
Have you ever driven (not ridden) in a convertible with the top down before?
Last edited by junior6at on 06 Oct 2012, 22:18, edited 3 times in total.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Convertible represents freedom on the road..just you and the open road also people look at you in a convertible and it's like wow and the driver feels comfortable I rather drive in the alps off course on a nice weather in a convertible makes it more fun and relaxing.Imo.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

:) yeah... i have driven a convertible just once... well the feelings were... errrmm... sun on the back of my head (hot)... wind (lots of it)... :lol: and lots and lots of embarrassment :oops:
ok... maybe the embarrassment feeling was just in my head... because i always have thought of convertible owners as show offs.!

:D ... one more thing... if we take the popular sentence from the convertible cars' catalog: "feel closer to the road" and such as true... i don't think need for speed and in a more general sense... SPEED has anything to do with the feelings for the environment around you.! :mrgreen:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Navid_A1 wrote: i don't think need for speed and in a more general sense... SPEED has anything to do with the feelings for the environment around you.! :mrgreen:
quite the contrary...

if you're sitting stationary on a simulator staring at a screen, no matter how "fast" you're going, you don't feel fast... now try doing that on a convertible doing 130km/h... you'll definitely FEEL the speed... although you're probably not going as fast as those 350km/h cars on simulators...
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

zedex wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote: i don't think need for speed and in a more general sense... SPEED has anything to do with the feelings for the environment around you.! :mrgreen:
quite the contrary...

if you're sitting stationary on a simulator staring at a screen, no matter how "fast" you're going, you don't feel fast... now try doing that on a convertible doing 130km/h... you'll definitely FEEL the speed... although you're probably not going as fast as those 350km/h cars on simulators...
:lol: :lol: i just remembered my experience going about 100km/h in a convertible... the thing i rrrreeeeaaaalllly FELT... was the wind... it just made me frightened to go faster.

the feeling of speed is a lot more different when you are in the car rather than being in front of a simulator (can that even be compared..? ) just as the feelings of piloting a plane is worlds apart from a flight sim. in a car... it's the torque... the suspension... the control... the gravity... the car's inertia and mass... the corners... bumps ...etc... that make up the TRUE sense of speed... not just the picture you see out of the windscreen.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

:mrgreen: lexus LFA one of my favorite cars was just unveiled officially on the need for speed Facebook page and they sort of teasing a new gameplay video off course they gonna do a challenge again like last week and if we get to 100% they unlock the content anywho i actually was like right in front of an LFA right there next to it and it is a beautiful machine the guy turn it on and i saw the HUD/tachometer ..its just something else, soo futuristic. :mrgreen:

Looking at the beautiful machine i was like there's no way this cant be customize maybe the rims and a paint job but the body its perfection. 8)
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Navid_A1 wrote::) yeah... i have driven a convertible just once... well the feelings were... errrmm... sun on the back of my head (hot)... wind (lots of it)... :lol: and lots and lots of embarrassment :oops:
ok... maybe the embarrassment feeling was just in my head... because i always have thought of convertible owners as show offs.!
Okay I just wanted things to be clear because a lot of people I know hate on convertibles simply because of the way they look (which I understand). Then there are those who dislike them yet never driven one or have not driven them enough to understand the point.

There are many ways to enhance the driving experience for a driving enthusiast like myself and driving a vert is imo the best way to do it. I drive my cousin's AP2 on a regular basis and I'm convinced that on 4 wheels the best way to enjoy a cruise on a Sunday morning with the highway all to yourself or a midnight run through the twisties is with a topless car.

My old '89 supercharged AW11, while not a vert, was still a blast to drive with the T-tops off; I almost always had the roof off even in the winter. What you described, the wind in your hair, the smell of nature inside the cabin, all those are the reasons why I always had a big smile on my face whenever I drove my MR2. You've mentioned that you think people drive verts to show off, well I'm telling you that when it comes to driving enthusiasts it's less about that and more about how our cars make us feel.

Sounds like your experience with driving a vert wasn't that good. Bear in mind that it heavily depends on the car you drove and also the driving conditions you were in (i.e. being stuck with the top down in traffic in the summer time). The embarrassment you felt being exposed like that will go away the more you get used to driving one, that's when they start becoming fun.

Of course verts are not for everyone since we all enjoy our cars differently. It's like eating lunch indoors vs outdoors; you're doing the same thing but the experience is completely different. Me personally? I enjoy the drama and noise that comes with being "closer to the road", I wouldn't have it any other way. Just wanted to shed some light on the "why convertibles" topic which I seem to keep running into.
Navid_A1 wrote:the feeling of speed is a lot more different when you are in the car rather than being in front of a simulator (can that even be compared..? ) just as the feelings of piloting a plane is worlds apart from a flight sim. in a car... it's the torque... the suspension... the control... the gravity... the car's inertia and mass... the corners... bumps ...etc... that make up the TRUE sense of speed... not just the picture you see out of the windscreen.
Yup, while some will argue that you can translate your skills in sims to real life, you'll still have to train your mind and body to withstand the things that cannot be simulated at home. Before getting into karting, I used to play GT3 nonstop which pretty much taught me the importance of racing lines and how to execute corners. But when I got into karting my body was struggling to cope with the lateral g's. I had to press my legs against the bucket seats to keep my body in place because it felt like I was going to fly out. You don't experience that with games.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

well... nice post regarding convertibles... i think i now look differently at them (well.. a little bit)...
regarding the design... i still think hard tops look more classy (personal taste)... but i don't know about the driving experience since i always had hard tops and don't have much driving xp in a vert (driver once and passenger a few times)...
junior6at wrote: ...
Navid_A1 wrote:the feeling of speed is a lot more different when you are in the car rather than being in front of a simulator (can that even be compared..? ) just as the feelings of piloting a plane is worlds apart from a flight sim. in a car... it's the torque... the suspension... the control... the gravity... the car's inertia and mass... the corners... bumps ...etc... that make up the TRUE sense of speed... not just the picture you see out of the windscreen.
Yup, while some will argue that you can translate your skills in sims to real life, you'll still have to train your mind and body to withstand the things that cannot be simulated at home. Before getting into karting, I used to play GT3 nonstop which pretty much taught me the importance of racing lines and how to execute corners. But when I got into karting my body was struggling to cope with the lateral g's. I had to press my legs against the bucket seats to keep my body in place because it felt like I was going to fly out. You don't experience that with games.
this i totally agree... i'm a long time fan of racing games (and driving.:wink: )... (started off with NFS III). games like NFS:PU - NFS:shift and Shift2 unleashed, etc... made a considerable contribution in my driving skills (mostly cornering... angle of entry and speed)... but most of my driving skills comes from my father teaching me how to drive... damn :lol: he began letting me driving his car when i was 9... :D ... ahhh good memories... still haven't told him about me taking his car trying to teach myself how to drift... :lol: poor tires..! :lol:

Return to “News”