Most Wanted - Gameplay Series 4

Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Most Wanted - Gameplay Series 4

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

junior6at wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:the feeling of speed is a lot more different when you are in the car rather than being in front of a simulator (can that even be compared..? ) just as the feelings of piloting a plane is worlds apart from a flight sim. in a car... it's the torque... the suspension... the control... the gravity... the car's inertia and mass... the corners... bumps ...etc... that make up the TRUE sense of speed... not just the picture you see out of the windscreen.
Yup, while some will argue that you can translate your skills in sims to real life, you'll still have to train your mind and body to withstand the things that cannot be simulated at home. Before getting into karting, I used to play GT3 nonstop which pretty much taught me the importance of racing lines and how to execute corners. But when I got into karting my body was struggling to cope with the lateral g's. I had to press my legs against the bucket seats to keep my body in place because it felt like I was going to fly out. You don't experience that with games.
And thats how I learned how to paint IRL. :lol:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

when you're "scared of going faster" regardless of the reason, that is a feeling of speed in one way or another... faster = speed
so if you're MORE scared of going faster in a convertible, than in a hard top, then yes, convertible have a better "feeling of speed" regardless of how you want to bend it another way (wind, noise, etc etc) it just is... they all factor into how you "feel" that "speed"

but onto the topic of "traslate your skill in sims to real life", just yesterday, I went around a rounded rectangular U-turn, while following a car quite far in front of me... I took the standard racing line, outside, brake, hit apex, accel out, brake a bit, apex, and accel outside of the turn and caught up to the car in front doing the normal 90-turn then 90-turn again... even felt my tires squeal a bit, but it felt exhilarating lol... (and I drive a relatively heavy car, Nissan Rogue)

but it was fun none-the-less... wish there were more roads without much cars, and more apexes to hit around where I am ...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Yea, GT5 has showed me how my Z32 will react in real life, but in real life I have to drive buy the seat of my ass, meaning i feel what ever the car is doing to cope with how to react. Video games cant give you that feeling. Especially the feeling of breaking the rear end out of a car, its amazing.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

zedex wrote:when you're "scared of going faster" regardless of the reason, that is a feeling of speed in one way or another... faster = speed
so if you're MORE scared of going faster in a convertible, than in a hard top, then yes, convertible have a better "feeling of speed" regardless of how you want to bend it another way (wind, noise, etc etc) it just is... they all factor into how you "feel" that "speed"
again... that's not the feeling of speed... that's the feeling of being horrified...(which is good)
the feeling of speed is not just being scared... and the wind... and the noise...!

for me the feel of speed is pushing (and keeping) your car to the edge... being scared is "part of it" but this fear comes from the speed of the car and your decision on when to brake, when to turn the wheel and...etc.
i mean being scared of losing your hair (and face) in the wind is another feeling (and it's a good feeling actually)... but (a big BUT) the sense of speed is not that.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

I think its time to go back to the topic we are talking about a game here as long we got fast cars,epic environments and cop pursuits its all that matter have fun and enjoy it, there's plenty of hard top vehicles in this game. :wink:
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

right you are phantom... we'll try to stay on topic.

but :cry: come on... what's wrong with criterion... there were a lot of car to ruin the design... why gallardo? ... why R8... why agera R... why 918 :cry: ?
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Phantom Pain, in regards to no cops online, it might just mean that there won't be cops free-roaming when in multiplayer like they do in single-player. You will be cruising with just your friends, implementing cops + the heat level system might be too complex with a bunch of players online.

The GTTV interview mentions that the "speed list" has 5 online modes:

Race
Speedtest
Speedtest (possibly a placeholder for the time being?)
Team Race
Challenge

Perhaps the cops will serve as obstacles in certain modes online.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:right you are phantom... we'll try to stay on topic.

but :cry: come on... what's wrong with criterion... there were a lot of car to ruin the design... why gallardo? ... why R8... why agera R... why 918 :cry: ?
They still look and they are very fast. :)
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

junior6at wrote:Phantom Pain, in regards to no cops online, it might just mean that there won't be cops free-roaming when in multiplayer like they do in single-player. You will be cruising with just your friends, implementing cops + the heat level system might be too complex with a bunch of players online.

Race
Speedtest
Team Race
Challenge

this seems more logical and probable... cops chasing you during a single race.!

and phantom... yes they are still fast (because they are programmed to be so) but they don't look good... i mean their looks are not aggressive any more... they are like... um.. cold jokes... or half naked.!
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

junior6at wrote:Phantom Pain, in regards to no cops online, it might just mean that there won't be cops free-roaming when in multiplayer like they do in single-player. You will be cruising with just your friends, implementing cops + the heat level system might be too complex with a bunch of players online.

Race
Speedtest
Team Race
Challenge

I'm more than sure that criterion will release later a DLC adding cops online maybe a new online mode other than that it will be no different than burnout paradise.speedlist its pretty much freeburn challenges.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:right you are phantom... we'll try to stay on topic.

They still look and they are very fast. :)
ok take a look at this:

the feeling you'll get is : where is the rest of it

but take a look at this:
or

you know the feelings... :twisted:
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

Navid_A1, it's still a matter of taste. I agree that most of the time cars look better with hardtops. Usually when they chop the top off of vehicles that were first conceived as coupes, they end up looking like bath tubs. However, dedicated roadsters like an S2000 or a Lotus Elan look good, of course with the ragtop down.

I do also like the way they did the Zonda F Roadster. That's one example of doing it right.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Criterion just realized that since we are not doing barrel rolls, they dont have to worry about the driver falling out of the car, so they are now capitalizing on the fact that they can safely include convertibles :lol:

One thing I dont like though is that we can see the interior, but no interior cam option.
Last edited by Zotic+ on 08 Oct 2012, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

junior6at wrote:Navid_A1, it's still a matter of taste. I agree that most of the time cars look better with hardtops. Usually when they chop the top off of vehicles that were first conceived as coupes, they end up looking like bath tubs. However, dedicated roadsters like an S2000 or a Lotus Elan look good, of course with the ragtop down.

I do also like the way they did the Zonda F Roadster. That's one example of doing it right.
um... yes you are true on this... usually the chopped off convertibles look worse than the ones designed with open top in mind.

zonda roaster?.... you got me on that one.. :D 8) .. that car is so beautiful that even chopping it's top off do nothing to damage the looks.
zotic+ wrote:Criterion just realized that since we are not doing barrel rolls, they dont have to worry about the driver falling out of the car, so they are now capitalizing on the fact that they can safely include convertables

One thing I dont like though is that we can see the interior, but no interior cam option.
:lol:

cockpit view would be awesome.!
and can somebody tell criterion about the invention of rear view mirror. :wink:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

First of all the pics you show me with the hardtop are heavily modified ,bodykits and stuff and second man lets just wait for the game and see how its going to be.i just found a new gameplay video it shows a new car i think its a Nissan tilda? and then they switch to a red countach which by the way looks good and also at the end of the video i see sort of like a menu that involves the most wanted list and stuff

Here is the new gameplay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zh9N7v1 ... r_embedded

Btw they just officially unveiled the Ariel atom and it looks cool!..we are almost getting close to the unknown cars, also no demo yet.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:First of all the pics you show me with the hardtop are heavily modified ,bodykits and stuff and second man lets just wait for the game and see how its going to be.i just found a new gameplay video it shows a new car i think its a Nissan tilda? and then they switch to a red countach which by the way looks good and also at the end of the video i see sort of like a menu that involves the most wanted list and stuff

Here is the new gameplay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zh9N7v1 ... r_embedded

Btw they just officially unveiled the Ariel atom and it looks cool!..we are almost getting close to the unknown cars, also no demo yet.
WHAT? A NISSAN TILDA AND NO SUPRA !@#$

But seriously, nice find. There are a bunch of little MW videos like this all over youtube now, that are slowly extracting more info. Seeing that Nissan tells me we have a VERY diverse car list to look forward to. fingers crossed for a 300ZX also.

Also that music brings back memories, im going to put the original MW soundtrack on my PS3 to listen while playing this new MW (unless the music isnt rubbish)

Also this thread has 40 posts now, the forum is coming back to life!!
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:vita gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx5jGl7IHo
OOH MY *****!!.. :shock: yo this game looks nice on the vita , thank god i bought a vita its being sitting there waiting for this game a need for speed game, wow it looks identical to the console version , the lightning and everyThing i dont care what people say about the vita but when u get talented developers like criterion you can do great things ,good fing work! :mrgreen:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:First of all the pics you show me with the hardtop are heavily modified ,bodykits and stuff and second man lets just wait for the game and see how its going to be.i just found a new gameplay video it shows a new car i think its a Nissan tilda? and then they switch to a red countach which by the way looks good and also at the end of the video i see sort of like a menu that involves the most wanted list and stuff

nissan versa what the on earth did i just watch? if there's cars like that that are driveable in the game im hoping to see some real cool junk being strewn about the city. but isn't the nissan versa a traffic car though? maybe you'll be able to drive traffic cars now?
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Fishwhiz wrote:

nissan versa what the on earth did i just watch? if there's cars like that that are driveable in the game im hoping to see some real cool junk being strewn about the city. but isn't the nissan versa a traffic car though? maybe you'll be able to drive traffic cars now?
speculation is good but... driving traffic cars?
i say let's not get too drifted away by the hype..!
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Navid_A1 wrote:speculation is good but... driving traffic cars?
i say let's not get too drifted away by the hype..!
Driver San Francisco did that, it was a really good concept that worked well in that game, but on NFS... I think it's good enough they have the option to "discover" new cars we can drive throughout the city

also the one thing I hate about convertibles, is how they look with their "removable" roof, up...

when they're down, they're not so bad... (except Porsche 911s)
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

The gameplay from this video was pretty cool,I se that ramming the cops is easy,looks like old MW with HP2010 effects.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

StaneSKT wrote:The gameplay from this video was pretty cool,I se that ramming the cops is easy,looks like old MW with HP2010 effects.
Now the vita small gameplay looked good from a cam view , can you imagine how its gonna look right in your face? alright anyways if you saw the game trailers preview which i suggest you to watch , these cops are smarter than hot pursuit in the sense that they not attacking you they using strategies to take you down(most wanted 2005) , i heard people complaining that the cop Ai its dumb well if you are in a chase the first thing u gonna notice its that the cop will get in front you this gives an idea that you have being noticed by them and its "serious" after that one is in front, the other in the back and they are trying to cornered you into a pt maneuver also this cops are equipped with spikes strips so if they going in the front they gonna drop spike strips while at the same time they might block your view distracting you a possible roadblock(with spike strips too) ahead also in the preview i saw swats at level 6 pursuit swat comes in and the rest ill leave it to your imagination. :wink:

I might be wrong ,I'm not an expert.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

...wind blows
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Fishwhiz wrote:

Ive seen the Infiniti G35 as a traffic car also, if you look at the gamescom gameplay
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “News”