Most Wanted - Live Action TV ad

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Most Wanted - Live Action TV ad

Post by Hydro_PT »

As the release day of Need For Speed: Most Wanted approaches, more and more gameplay videos and reviews have appeared on the Internet. The latest video from Criterion though, it not the usual trailer, but instead a nicely done live action TV ad. Even though the ad features some scenes taken from the game, most of it was actually shot in real life with real cars. The start is somewhat epic, as high-end machines start to appear on the streets to face cop cars. However, a surprise car kicks in in the middle of the video, unleashing chaos through the streets. Check out the video below and don't forget to laugh!

Need For Speed: Most Wanted, developed by Criterion Games, is going to be released on 30th October in North America, and on 1st November in Europe.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Most Wanted - Live Action TV add

Post by Hydro_PT »

One of the best trailers I've seen for a game! Really well done Criterion! :mrgreen:

That yellow Ford coming in unexpectedly, accompanied by the music, made me laugh really hard. :lol:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro_PT wrote:One of the best trailers I've seen for a game! Really well done Criterion! :mrgreen:

That yellow Ford coming in unexpectedly, accompanied by the music, made me laugh really hard. :lol:
Yeah the yellow focus its Carlton from the fresh prince of bel air!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

=D>
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

HAHAHA, i still think the RC cars were better from that freddiew video, jk. This is an awesome trailer
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:HAHAHA, i still think the RC cars were better from that freddiew video, jk. This is an awesome trailer
Freddie trailer was awesome but if that would off being the commercial all hell would break loose because apparently people nowdays are just..just ignorant and they don't appreciate art however you can still see comments from this video like,are those the real graphics and they should kept the whole video with the real graphics ,the game graphics sucks...Im telling you man if it was about taste its ok ..but if people can see those gameplay graphics in the trailer than honestly ..i don't know what to think anymore of society nowadays they abuse of the freedom of expressing themselves at all times if it was a rant than great but comments like those are just plain non-sense.

BTW there is an area in the game , that looks straight outta of the first most wanted i think its the park in fairhaven , there is a road through the park that looks straight outta of rockport minus the yellow/orange filter.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Everyone saw the Bugatti Veyron at 01:08 ?!? But after the Focus ST is driven through the Junction I haven't seen Bugatti driving... and then I thought WTF the Focus ST is faster than the others... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 19 Oct 2012, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

TRANSFORMER wrote:Everyone saw the Bugatti Veyron at 01:08 ?!? But after the Focus ST is driven through the Junction I haven't seen Bugatti driving... and then I though WTF the Focus ST is faster than the others... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have a feeling that Tanner Foust was in that Focus. It looked like his driving style. Plus he used those yellow Focus' for his part of the Ford Octane Academy.
Instagram @SupraHKS
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^Well... what can I say to that... Nothing is impossible! :roll: :wink:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

AHAHAHAHA

had a REALLY good laugh!! ROFLMAO
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Hah, that was pretty epic.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hah, I just came home from work early coz I felt ill, all sad and sorry for myself. Then I watched this and now I have a huge smile :D
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Hah, I just came home from work early coz I felt ill, all sad and sorry for myself. Then I watched this and now I have a huge smile :D
:mrgreen: =D>
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

that's a nice video.
but i would have felt a lot better if they used the money to license more cars than making a 2min video.
can you imagine how much money they have thrown away on this vid.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Navid_A1 wrote:that's a nice video.
but i would have felt a lot better if they used the money to license more cars than making a 2min video.
Videos like this are an investment, not a waste of money. There's no point spending all your budget on licencing and game design if nobody buys the game.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:that's a nice video.
Videos like this are an investment, not a waste of money. There's no point spending all your budget on licencing and game design if nobody buys the game.
i did not meant they should not invest on advertisement...
i meant that they could achieve the same results and goals with computer generated videos which cost much less than live action.

and i don't think Need for speed really... really are dying to get attention and customers. this is a little bit over the top and unnecessary.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Most Wanted - Live Action TV ad

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well if you look closely I think you'll find it's not all live action (and therefore not as costly). I seriously doubt they smashed up that Veyron and various other exotics :D
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Well if you look closely I think you'll find it's not all live action (and therefore not as costly). I seriously doubt they smashed up that Veyron and various other exotics :D
you are kidding right?

the live action shots ends on 1:36... the smashed veyron (and other exotics) is from ingame footage.
that's why they did not use a veyron in live action drifting... its too risky.!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

They did a similar live action add for Hot Pursuit 2010. And that involved a Zonda Cinque, a Murciélago, a helicopter, and some narrow mountain roads. :mrgreen:

I don't think it was all that expensive. EA has lots of deals with car brands, they usually have real cars to promote the games, given by the brand for publicity only. Here the same thing happened. They closed the streets, got some supercars in there, did some very controlled drifting, and that's it. Probably an entire day of shooting there, or just a morning. And the result is very good, so the money they spent doing that video, is part of their budget and they will surely get it back when the game starts to sell. :)
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

I can't get enough of this video. Both this and the HP live action TV ad are epic.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:Well if you look closely I think you'll find it's not all live action (and therefore not as costly). I seriously doubt they smashed up that Veyron and various other exotics :D
you are kidding right?

the live action shots ends on 1:36... the smashed veyron (and other exotics) is from ingame footage.
that's why they did not use a veyron in live action drifting... its too risky.!
We are both saying the same thing.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

Hydro_PT wrote:They did a similar live action add for Hot Pursuit 2010. And that involved a Zonda Cinque, a Murciélago, a helicopter, and some narrow mountain roads. :mrgreen:
actually, it was an F with some plastic(?) moulding and a paintjob. Cinques are a little too rare =P~

but yeah, it only serves to strengthen your point that these things can be done without a crazy budget
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Ah yes, it wasn't a real Cinque, true. I remember watching the making off, they say it's a prototype Zonda made to look like a Cinque. :)
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

:shock:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ That's the first time I ever saw elie8 stuck for words :P
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Nice trailer

As always EA knows how to make good trailers and hype stuff...

If they had justused that talent to create good games... instead of trailers.

Return to “News”