Most Wanted 2012 - full offline car list and classes

Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: Most Wanted 2012 - full offline car list and classes

Post by Zotic+ »

Well... BP had 35 cars, then each one had a 2nd variation, thus making it 70, but it really just had 35 unique cars. So this will actually be a bit larger.

Look at your glass half full
Instagram @SupraHKS
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

i'm just waiting to see how it turns out.

but my pre assumption is this:

- there will be less motivation to keep me playing compared to previous titles... because you gain much less... any of you remember the thrill in doing everything to get access to your dream car?... there was a sense of accomplishment. it made you get personal with more variety of cars until you could get to what you want.

- i won't use half of the car list.

- i love cars and i don't want half of the challenges requiring you to smash up a car for good or see who can beat the hell out of his car the fastest.... i mean as far as i remember,, crashing has been a negative thing in a racing game... but in this it's the way to collect score... just wtf.!

my opinion may change after i play the game.
Demon_Slayer723 wrote:
X Destiny wrote: *The most important point, IT'S THIS REALLY A REMAKE FROM THE ORGINAL MOST WANTED??? THERE'S NOTHING REMAKED HERE!!!!! F%&@#$!!!!!!!!!!
They said it a million times. It isn't a remake- its criterions re-imagination of MW. :wink:
hey... i just re-imagined a gun... its barrel faces the shooter instead of facing the target... it think its very good... nobody has done it before...!

see the point?
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
Demon_Slayer723 wrote:
X Destiny wrote: *The most important point, IT'S THIS REALLY A REMAKE FROM THE ORGINAL MOST WANTED??? THERE'S NOTHING REMAKED HERE!!!!! F%&@#$!!!!!!!!!!
They said it a million times. It isn't a remake- its criterions re-imagination of MW. :wink:
hey... i just re-imagined a gun... its barrel faces the shooter instead of facing the target... it think its very good... nobody has done it before...!

see the point?
Not really considering the fact you just put the word re-imagination in a negative way. Think of it like this I made a new gun from scratch, I got rid of some unnecessary and bad parts from the older version of the gun, I edited some parts and added something to make it better. I mean yeah somethings I did with my re-imagination of the gun may not have been needed or were bad. In the end a re-imagination of something is starting it from scratch again, but still keeping some of the basics from the original in and editing it to make it newer. Re-making/Re-booting something is more of making the exact same thing with minor difference. Get my drift?
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Demon_Slayer723 wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:
Demon_Slayer723 wrote: They said it a million times. It isn't a remake- its criterions re-imagination of MW. :wink:

see the point?
Not really considering the fact you just put the word re-imagination in a negative way. Think of it like this I made a new gun from scratch, I got rid of some unnecessary and bad parts from the older version of the gun, I edited some parts and added something to make it better. I mean yeah somethings I did with my re-imagination of the gun may not have been needed or were bad. In the end a re-imagination of something is starting it from scratch again, but still keeping some of the basics from the original in and editing it to make it newer. Re-making/Re-booting something is more of making the exact same thing with minor difference. Get my drift?
how about this:

the traditional way in racing games requires you to avoid crashing into things...
i think crashing into things became the goal in the re-imagined version now.!

OR:
- the traditional way in racing games forces you to unlock a car or earn enough cash to buy a car, thus creating more thrill and keeps the player on the edge. also it makes the players to become familiar with more cars in their path to their dream car.

- now suddenly criterion thinks "if you can find it, you can drive it" is a good idea.... i wonder how they figured THAT out.!
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

I wish this game was better, now that i know the car list, seems OK to me. :?
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

It seems that the car list will indeed be a big minus in this game. Either Criterion starts releasing free DLC to add new cars once the game is out (not likely), or they will charge very little for each car pack and they have 4 or so car packs in the pipeline. Which, in my opinion, is still bad, because the game should have all cars on release data, but at least we get new ones. DLC is the cancer of this industry, but that's a whole new discussion...

As for the "if you can find it you can drive it", I honestly think this is a great idea. It's a step away from the usual "win this race or reach this level of experience and you magically unlock a new car in your garage". It's much more realistic and fun, in my opinion, to drive around the city to look for new cars. It's like GTA. Sometimes I would see a supercar in GTA IV and I would hit the brakes hard, turn around, and go get the car! Here it is the same, although you can't step out of the car nor kill the owner. :mrgreen:

The burnout-style gameplay... we knew it would be like that. Hot Pursuit was a good example of what Criterion does best: a racing game with heavy focus on dirty moves to take advantage over your opponents and crazy stunts. Burnout was totally awesome in that. With NFS, they have the chance of putting real world cars smashing each other around. To me, it is perfect! But I understand why some people won't enjoy it, it may not look NFS. But as I've said many times, we have seen so many NFS games by now, that it's impossible to tell what actually is Need For Speed. Some say it's exotics racing, some say it's illegal street racing, others will say SHIFT is the way to go, others prefer Hot Pursuit and this Most Wanted due to the crashes and takedowns.

I'm looking forward to it. I won't buy it day one, unfortunately, as I'm currently low on money and my scholarship hasn't arrived yet. I have a job done in the summer which I'm still waiting for the payment (coming soon too), so I'm definitely not going to waste money in a game. But I think in mid-November I will be able to get Most Wanted.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

DLC isn't the cancer of the industry. EA has abused it horribly with every past nfs game, but do you remember the stuff that happened with burnout paradise? criterion took that game and basically transformed it, and only made us pay for the premium stuff. I'm hoping criterion will be smart again and not charge us for things that SHOULD HAVE already been in the game, like 10+ cars. when criterion is 100% in charge, they have done amazing things with updates and dlc. I'm hoping they do something like this again. maybe not as extreme as BP, but at least make prices reasonable and downloads desirable.

whoever said that BP only had 35 original cars: that is true, but they came up with and designed every single car on their own from scratch. Here, and with hot pursuit, they had the ability to choose cars in the real world from real manufactures, so I think they should have been able to include a whole lot more cars. they really missed a whole lot of nfs staples as far as cars such as the porsche carrera gt, lamborghini murcielago and diablo, nissan skyline r34, toyota supra, and mclaren f1. they missed a whole lot of new cars they could have included, that they showed pictures of on facebook as if it were a tease, then left us hanging. they showed the aston martin vanquish/v12 zagato, toyota gt86, marussia b1, mercedes c63 amg, lexus isf, mclaren x1, and the one i am MOST disappointed with is the lotus evora gte, which nfs specifically said on the pic they posted that we WILL BE ABLE TO RUN FROM THE COPS IN IT.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Criterion had some free DLC for BP. Then the DLC you paid for were new ideas that they came up with after the release. Thats how DLC should be treated
Instagram @SupraHKS
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Hydro_PT wrote:It seems that the car list will indeed be a big minus in this game. Either Criterion starts releasing free DLC to add new cars once the game is out (not likely), or they will charge very little for each car pack and they have 4 or so car packs in the pipeline. Which, in my opinion, is still bad, because the game should have all cars on release data, but at least we get new ones. DLC is the cancer of this industry, but that's a whole new discussion...

The burnout-style gameplay... we knew it would be like that. Hot Pursuit was a good example of what Criterion does best: a racing game with heavy focus on dirty moves
right now i'm more concerned about the AVAILABILITY of DLC (for PC) rather than the price... i expect criterion to at least give me THE OPTION to buy DLC.

and no, in HP2010 the focus was not on crashing your OWN car... the focus was on AVOIDING opponents and cops who were gonna smash you... man... you remember the preview race types?... where you had to get from A to B without a scratch on your car?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:It seems that the car list will indeed be a big minus in this game. Either Criterion starts releasing free DLC to add new cars once the game is out (not likely), or they will charge very little for each car pack and they have 4 or so car packs in the pipeline. Which, in my opinion, is still bad, because the game should have all cars on release data, but at least we get new ones. DLC is the cancer of this industry, but that's a whole new discussion...

The burnout-style gameplay... we knew it would be like that. Hot Pursuit was a good example of what Criterion does best: a racing game with heavy focus on dirty moves
right now i'm more concerned about the AVAILABILITY of DLC (for PC) rather than the price... i expect criterion to at least give me THE OPTION to buy DLC.

and no, in HP2010 the focus was not on crashing your OWN car... the focus was on AVOIDING opponents and cops who were gonna smash you... man... you remember the preview race types?... where you had to get from A to B without a scratch on your car?
Quit the complaining man..with the crashing and ramming, need for speed always being about aggressive driving and cops trying to smash you or take you outta of the road or you chasing your opponent making sure you take him outta of the road .have you seen a real life pursuit , do you want me to link you to a real life pursuit ?.. so you see that after awhile cops ram you off the road, because as part of human nature we get pissed off and have to resort to extreme measures when we know something must be stop.in this game has speed runs which are like the preview events or time trials..but in this game its about racing fast , the fastest speed so instead of not crashing or something its about racing against the clock..this is not grand theft auto special mission where you stole a car and has to delivered in perfect condition,this is a fast arcade racing game even in Porsche unleashed you had cops their purpose killing the race whether its to bust you or make you crash to get you busted, same thing your opponents will try to take you out because they wanna win ,in Nascar and formula one races ,the race its fast and aggressive and off course someone wants to win try to slipstream and by pass opponents until something goes wrong and a huge crash happens and pile ups and thas pure fun right there for the crowd most of them.

Seriously Do you have to play ramming people off the road--no, off course cops are after you what you gonna do its a game you get busted you lose speed points that you work soo hard to earn..same as porsche unleashed and high stakes ,gets what you don't get that gold medal you don't that much credits plus your chances of going to the next race are slim..how about this if someone its ramming cars off on the highway are you gonna do the same thing?

I'm not happy with many things about this game the car list ,no cops online,exclusive online cars and separate career online and yes autolog will pissed me the hell off this time too as it gonna bother me constantly Autolog alert, autolog alert.I was complaining about many things but the game its already pre-order its ready to ship tomorrow so there's nothing i can do about it just wait and see.

Honestly you are on a pc right.,now okay have you play burnout paradise or any burnout game?..if you haven't or your not fan of those games , don't even bother with Most Wanted.

Ill give you the link so you pirate the game i think that's gonna hurt EA more than its gonna bother us.AT least i know and im confident that when i put the game on my system its not goona crash my ps3..Its a criterion game, and its not gonna have a sh**Y network code like the crapfest called the run ,that almost gave my ps3 a yellow eye cause it kept freezing constantly because it was buggy as hell dangerously buggy.
Sahad92
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sahad92 »

Both Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise had free DLC for a bit before Criterion issued priced DLC. Remember those three convertibles in HP, or the bikes from BP? I'd say we'll definitely at least get some free cars first. I'd prefer it, though, if MW's car list when extended with DLC still distances itself from Hot Pursuit, so that MW isn't just HP in a city. You could leave the Mercedes SLR and the 911 GT2-RS in Hot Pursuit, while MW could get stuff like the Toyota 86. For all I know, they could be planning a McLaren Pack, with the P1, F1, and X1, since the NFS FB feed really pushed the McLaren brand up to now.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Sahad92 wrote:Both Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise had free DLC for a bit before Criterion issued priced DLC. Remember those three convertibles in HP, or the bikes from BP? I'd say we'll definitely at least get some free cars first. I'd prefer it, though, if MW's car list when extended with DLC still distances itself from Hot Pursuit, so that MW isn't just HP in a city. You could leave the Mercedes SLR and the 911 GT2-RS in Hot Pursuit, while MW could get stuff like the Toyota 86. For all I know, they could be planning a McLaren Pack, with the P1, F1, and X1, since the NFS FB feed really pushed the McLaren brand up to now.
They were showing alot of real shots of cars when they were promoting the game,packs might contain classics , like skyline r-34,the scion/ft-86 watever that thing is it looks like the toyota ft-86..as for exotics, the new vanquish was teased,the mclaren p1 the x1 can stay in pictures that car its ugly as hell maybe they will have that track car that looks like a batmobile i forgot what it was but they teased the hell outta of it when it race at lemans.also maybe a classic pack , where the mclaren f1,carrera gt and diablo sv will be there as well as a hot pursuit dlc that will introduce cops into multiplayer just chasing the players not the player chasing.

The fans are asking for it and fairhaven looks complete i don't think we need to expand that city..it has everything. =D>
But EA its the publisher so forget about free DLC guys.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

what cars are missing from the list? McLaren F1, a Murc (preferably the LP670-4 SV), a Zonda (F/Cinque), a high-end 997 911. a Lotus. what else? ferrari? multiple versions of the same cars like in Hot Pursuit? once you unlocked the Gallardo LP570, did you even consider the LP560 again? there's no point in having multiples of the same car. this isn't gran turismo.

as for the NUMBER of cars, i really don't see the problem here either. it's how the career works - you find a car and do a whole bunch of events FOR the car. with 100 cars, it might take twice as long to complete the game, but you'll be repeating the same types of challenges over and over again, which is boring and makes the career long just for the sake of making it long. (GTA IV anyone? damn it got boring towards the end.) it makes sense this way. keeps it shorter and sweeter.

and as for the car classes - what's wrong with those? the exotics are the high-performance. sports are a notch below. GT are a little slower but heavy. Everyday are performance-enhanced versions of everyday cars. muscle cars have tons of torque and are heavy (except the viper and M3- i think the viper should be exotic and M3 GT or sports). race ones have super-quick handling and accel but are very light. and trucks are trucks. makes sense to me. *shrugs*
i have nothing more to add
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

ianism wrote:what cars are missing from the list? McLaren F1, a Murc (preferably the LP670-4 SV), a Zonda (F/Cinque), a high-end 997 911. a Lotus. what else? ferrari? multiple versions of the same cars like in Hot Pursuit? once you unlocked the Gallardo LP570, did you even consider the LP560 again? there's no point in having multiples of the same car. this isn't gran turismo.

as for the NUMBER of cars, i really don't see the problem here either. it's how the career works - you find a car and do a whole bunch of events FOR the car. with 100 cars, it might take twice as long to complete the game, but you'll be repeating the same types of challenges over and over again, which is boring and makes the career long just for the sake of making it long. (GTA IV anyone? damn it got boring towards the end.) it makes sense this way. keeps it shorter and sweeter.

and as for the car classes - what's wrong with those? the exotics are the high-performance. sports are a notch below. GT are a little slower but heavy. Everyday are performance-enhanced versions of everyday cars. muscle cars have tons of torque and are heavy (except the viper and M3- i think the viper should be exotic and M3 GT or sports). race ones have super-quick handling and accel but are very light. and trucks are trucks. makes sense to me. *shrugs*
- agree on your suggested cars. they are all nfs icons. maybe they are negotiating with porsche for their upcoming 991 turbo.
- the car specific challenges are shared between at least 3 cars.
- nah... it wont get boring.!
- car classes are good... but they lack... there should be more exotic/sport/gt.

oh and did you know that GTA V has REAL licensed cars (and there are tons of them)... watched some trailers a month ago... the cars have insane detail (shift2u level quality for both interior and exterior)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

GTA V has real cars? Since when? :|

All GTA cars are fictitious. What you have is mods. Mods do provide real cars. But that's mods, not the original game. ;)
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

can't find the video right now...

it was an official trailer... a merc SLS and a an Audi R8 was shown... but they had no brand marks.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

ianism wrote:what cars are missing from the list? McLaren F1, a Murc (preferably the LP670-4 SV), a Zonda (F/Cinque), a high-end 997 911. a Lotus. what else? ferrari? multiple versions of the same cars like in Hot Pursuit? once you unlocked the Gallardo LP570, did you even consider the LP560 again? there's no point in having multiples of the same car. this isn't gran turismo.

Well even you point out some missing cars, defitnetly the murcielago SV ,its welcome as well as a zonda cinque.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hehe, I see what you mean. Yeah, they look like real cars, but they are not. Brands are fake, and so are the models. Which is quite funny too, because Rockstar always comes up with jokes when naming their cars. :D

No brand will let them use real cars, so what they do is create a model that resembles the real car. Most of the times they mix parts of two or three cars and come up with very original designs. They have been doing this with all GTA games, but IV took a step forward because of the graphics. They really paid attention to cars and created brands and logos for the brands for the first time, to joke with real world brands. Some examples:

http://gta.wikia.com/Coquette (Invetero Coquette, based on a Corvette)
http://gta.wikia.com/Comet (Pfister Comet, base on Porsche 911)
http://gta.wikia.com/Infernus (Pegassi Infernus, based on a Murciélago and a Pagani Zonda in GTA IV - it resembles other cars in other GTA games, including a NSX and a Countach)

All cars in the games are fictional. And they are great fun. The "Audi R8" you saw is a new model, no one knows its name. I wonder what's the name, since GTA saw no Audi cars so far.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

yes i know how they create their cars... i started playing the series since vice city.

but i was talking about GTA V not GTA IV.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

So you know that GTA V is the same as GTA IV. Better graphics, but cars are the same. No real models at all. At least I've haven't see any news regarding that, and I don't believe Rockstar will feature real brands in GTA V. The trailer only showed cars similar to real life cars, but not the real car itself.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:yes i know how they create their cars... i started playing the series since vice city.

but i was talking about GTA V not GTA IV.
I modded gta 4 on pc , i have real lambos, ferraris i even did a video once resembling nfs ,with the Diablo SV in a police chase and mind you the cops have the NYC livery aside that i modded the city to look like NYC , with the billboards in time square i modded the hell outta of the game still am. :mrgreen:
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Hydro_PT wrote:So you know that GTA V is the same as GTA IV. Better graphics, but cars are the same. No real models at all. At least I've haven't see any news regarding that, and I don't believe Rockstar will feature real brands in GTA V. The trailer only showed cars similar to real life cars, but not the real car itself.
every GTA introduces a few number of new vehicles to the franchise. and i think this is true for GTA V too.
also every GTA improves the existing models to a whole new level.

i recommend checking the GTA V wikia
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

Navid_A1 wrote: - agree on your suggested cars. they are all nfs icons. maybe they are negotiating with porsche for their upcoming 991 turbo.
- the car specific challenges are shared between at least 3 cars.
- nah... it wont get boring.!
- car classes are good... but they lack... there should be more exotic/sport/gt.

oh and did you know that GTA V has REAL licensed cars (and there are tons of them)... watched some trailers a month ago... the cars have insane detail (shift2u level quality for both interior and exterior)
Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Well even you point out some missing cars, defitnetly the murcielago SV ,its welcome as well as a zonda cinque.
my point exactly. that's 4-5 cars. one DLC pack. :wink: and the reason they aren't there are because, except for the Mclaren F1, they have updated versions of those cars in the game already. the Aventador. Huarya. Carrera S. no, i don't count the Mp4-12C. too much of an age gap. name other cars that are 'essential' to the series. I'd vote for the Mercedes CLK-GTR/LM. that's about it

and it will get boring. HP2010 had a LOT of time trial-based events. i got sick of those really quick and it was not a very long game. for me, it was exactly like burnout (though i haven't played paradise yet). and the best part of burnout is taking people down.
Hydro_PT wrote:So you know that GTA V is the same as GTA IV. Better graphics, but cars are the same. No real models at all. At least I've haven't see any news regarding that, and I don't believe Rockstar will feature real brands in GTA V. The trailer only showed cars similar to real life cars, but not the real car itself.
and yeah, GTA hasn't got licenced cars and never will. they don't want em. it's better to invent their own and spend that money on radio stations and random pedestrian dialogue. and GTA V is definitely not the same as IV. i'd argue that the work that went into IV and its expansion packs is equivalent to GTA III, VC & San Andreas. V will be most of the same leap again, although maybe less because it's still on the same platform
i have nothing more to add
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Let's keep GTA out of this topic please? We have a games discussion forum for that.
/whining mod mode

I don't quite understand all the fuss over the carlist. Sure it could be better, but it could be worse too!
And you'll know we'll anyway see new ones in DLC.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

YaelDjiel wrote:Let's keep GTA out of this topic please? We have a games discussion forum for that.
/whining mod mode

I don't quite understand all the fuss over the carlist. Sure it could be better, but it could be worse too!
And you'll know we'll anyway see new ones in DLC.
True indeed.

Return to “News”