Need for Speed Rivals

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Rivals

Post by Navid_A1 »

ThunderScrambler wrote:Customization doesn't mean widebody kits and stuff.
Customization options in this game are paintjobs, liveries, license plates, rims, ...
I mean they could add bodykits, but that sounds like a bad option for a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
Check it out on the Rivals page: http://www.needforspeed.com/rivals#4-yo ... r-identity
i think body-kit is a must...
body kits for a hot car like F12 does not need to be drastically different form the stock body...
have you played the run... body kits for hypercars were hardly different in appearance.... but they always added a nice touch to the over-all looks.

also, because i've seen these kind of speculations before for earlier titles... i always start my speculation at the lowest level and move up with the amount of info that are officially released.

right now i want to think that the next NFS is just going to be a fancy facebook app... i wait for GG to prove me wrong.

and i'll keep wishing for another PU... [-o<
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

OOOOOOOOOO, sexy! :lol:
I saw a Lamborghini Aventador, Mclaren P1, Aston Martin One-77 (cop).
Don't forget the gameplay trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zph2UL09tLM
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SonicTH228 »

So much like NFS:HP 2010 that it burns.

This is the least hyped I've ever been for an NFS game.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Its becoming too much like HP 2010. Heck it should just be a DLC for it. If only EA could make and NFS thats a bare bones racer like they used to be.
Oliver Oresic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Oliver Oresic »

Some options they should include:
Saving replays and ghosts
In car camera
Performance tuning
Advanced wheel settings, to adjust deadzones and sensiitivity, so you can keep drifiting style or change it to some other.
And some, old, classic cars, like in Porsche Unleashed would be great.

Also split screen to include, missing since need for speed high stakes, why did they some of the old options that were good removed? The new game looks stupid without these simple things which are very much needed for any racing game.

I would also like to see some insane characters, like Razor in nfsmw, why sould be insane people be only limited to street racing games? Or also insane policeman who whe bumps you, instantly farts for his own pleasure
For a long time we didn't have nfs game where we could add our suer made cars and tracks, too bad that's not gonna happen in Nfs rivals
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Oliver Oresic wrote:Some options they should include:
Saving replays...
In car camera
Performance tuning
Advanced wheel settings, to adjust deadzones and sensiitivity, so you can keep drifiting style or change it to some other.
Nice points... i'd love to see your suggestions in the game.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Oliver Oresic wrote:Some options they should include:
Saving replays and ghosts
In car camera
Performance tuning

Also split screen to include, missing since need for speed high stakes, why did they some of the old options that were good removed? The new game looks stupid without these simple things which are very much needed for any racing game.

I would also like to see some insane characters, like Razor in nfsmw, why sould be insane people be only limited to street racing games? Or also insane policeman who whe bumps you, instantly farts for his own pleasure
For a long time we didn't have nfs game where we could add our suer made cars and tracks, too bad that's not gonna happen in Nfs rivals
i like your suggestions except for the story concepts about character i personally never like storyline on a racing game including nfs.however i would like to see a create a racer or a cop mode where you can create your own racer...that will be cool , lets catch that guy with the red mohawk!..lol
wicken
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wicken »

Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

wicken wrote:
Same trailer the extended part its adding the awards they won at E3.two events happening right now Pax Australia and San Diego comic con and this is what we get.. really?..what a f**ing tease man! :x
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

anyone here can see the return of false sense of speed in rivals like MW2012?... (and the crazy drifts too?)
from the gameplay vids, i think the speed that is shown on your speedo-meter is 1.5~1.8 times greater than your actual speed.... (are they using this trick to advertise the number of road miles in their world??? :^o )
i don't know why Ghost Games allowed criterion to spread their burnout poison into their recipe???... why not use the experience from ex-SMS or ex-T10 developers in the field of car handling???
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:anyone here can see the return of false sense of speed in rivals like MW2012?... (and the crazy drifts too?)
from the gameplay vids, i think the speed that is shown on your speedo-meter is 1.5~1.8 times greater than your actual speed.... (are they using this trick to advertise the number of road miles in their world??? :^o )
i don't know why Ghost Games allowed criterion to spread their burnout poison into their recipe???... why not use the experience from ex-SMS or ex-T10 developers in the field of car handling???
The reason why, is because criterion recipe has proved EA it works in terms of making a profit and hitting those numbers and also because criterion has the keys to need for speed franchise and they gonna overlook every game and adding the special sauce all the time.so indeed ,we will see the drifts and the false sense of speed.You honestly think that the head of ghost games its interested in making the best nfs game? its called business.People always want change ,so they bring in a new developer automatically people start to think with alot of hope , oo new fresh take on nfs, new developer yes! and bang criterion gets involved and you pretty much have 80% criterion, 20% ghost,who has more influence?

Also they need to get pay and i'm sure ,that if they sell x amount of copies or reach their goal in terms of sale everybody gets a bonus and money talks so they claim they brought people from criterion including the creative director and a producer to make that special criterion handling and driving mechanics ,nope its all smoke and mirrors , i'm sure the real reason its a promotion or a bonus for that new studio and who can bump up those sales,the guys who brought nfs back from the dead with hot pursuit 2010.
RS-TrixX
Stock
Stock

Post by RS-TrixX »

Problem is Criterion didn't bring NFS back from the dead. They made NFS Burnout twice. Lots of stupid jumping through billboards crap and so on. The handling in MW2012 was a marked improvement on Hot Pursuit, but it was still very boring. It was like drift easy mode on...

Shift 2 (once the community fixed it) has some of the best handling out. pCARS will have some of the best simulation handling ever in a racing game. So far even the people who mess with iRacing have been impressed. One of the hardest hurdles for them was breaking down the premise that handling in Sims up until then was really good. Mainly because it isn't. It's too much like driving on eggshells in rFactor or GT Legends or even GTR 2. Racing in real life you can really lean on the tyres and push the limits with actual feedback in most race prepped cars. Some are not setup right and will cause that instant spin mayhem, but for the most part the setup of the cars is designed to minimise that and give the driver the most feel possible.

Putting that into a racing game properly, then allowing aids to be turned on like traction control and brake assistance plus ideal lines etcetera is a much better way to go like in Shift 2. Pity EA stuffed the out of the box handling with stupid requirements like "make the cars drift more...".

Return to “Rivals”