Roadblock
No votes

Total votes: 5

SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

Favorite Police Pursuit Tech?

Post by SuperVeloce Kaioken »

Personally I'm a fan of the Electrostatic Field (ESF), it's a great defensive weapon & even for offensive.
It remains active for quite some time too, a nice touch.
Shadomasta
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Favorite Police Pursuit Tech?

Post by Shadomasta »

Agreed. ESF and SHRAM are my go-to toys. You can make quick work out of anyone. Once you get them to Level 4, they are devastating.
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

Shadomasta wrote:Agreed. ESF and SHRAM are my go-to toys. You can make quick work out of anyone. Once you get them to Level 4, they are devastating.
Power-wise is the SHRAM (RCPD) equal to the Shockwave (Racers) for frontal attacks?
GhostRiderLSOV
Stock
Stock

Post by GhostRiderLSOV »

ESF is indeed my favorite all-rounder.
SHRAM is also nice, although not sure if I should replace it with something else.
Shadomasta
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Shadomasta »

SuperVeloce Kaioken wrote:
Power-wise is the SHRAM (RCPD) equal to the Shockwave (Racers) for frontal attacks?
In my opinion, I think it's stronger. The concentrated direction gives it more range, I've hit racers a good car length away and they took a decent amount of damage.

I like to run up on a racer, activate ESF right before contact, and SHRAM them while they are trying to recover. Depending on the strength of the opponent's car, we are talking more than half life swept away in a couple of seconds. This is only a good idea if you can keep up with racers and are accurate with your attacks.
SuperVeloce Kaioken
Ricer
Ricer

Shadomasta wrote:
I like to run up on a racer, activate ESF right before contact, and SHRAM them while they are trying to recover.

Yeah that's actually how I've started pursuits in Freedrive, come up behind them with the sirens off & using the ESF/SHRAM tactic. They take major damage before the pursuit even begins!
Shadomasta
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Shadomasta »

SuperVeloce Kaioken wrote:Yeah that's actually how I've started pursuits in Freedrive, come up behind them with the sirens off & using the ESF/SHRAM tactic. They take major damage before the pursuit even begins!
Doesn't work as well against racers. It's better if you go SHRAM first. They aren't glued to the road like the AI are so they make easy targets for the ESF. AND if your tech is a high enough level, when you ESF them after the SHRAM, your SHRAM should be just about ready by the time they are done recovering from the ESF! aaaahhh yesss...fun times indeed.

Return to “Rivals”