Question about base heat of cars and their max upgrade lvl

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Question about base heat of cars and their max upgrade lvl

Post by Navid_A1 »

I've been playing this game on a friend's PC and i have a question. Is the max level you can upgrade the pursuit tech for each car directly related to the car's base heat level??

I was upgrading the pursuit tech on a porsche 918 till it reached a max level of 3 (while other higher level cars could reach 4).
Is there any way to increase the base heat level on a car?

also... why the 918 (one of the fastest hyper-cars right now) is in a lower class than the likes of enzo, F12, aventador or even huayra. Knowing that most of criterion staff are now in GG... was the 918's recent "ring" lap time too much to handle for the british and their precious P1?
herbertsworld
Stock
Stock

Re: Question about base heat of cars and their max upgrade l

Post by herbertsworld »

Not entirely sure but I believe each car has an initial heat level based on their tier, which you can increase by purchasing performance and pursuit upgrades but there is a max limit for each car. For example, I think you can upgrade a tier 1 car with a base heat of 1 to heat 3, tier 2 with a base heat of 3 to 5 and so on. Again, I'm not entirely sure but this seems to be how it was done.

As for the tiers, performance is a factor but price is also taken into account. The Porsche 918 is available at £540,000, whilst the Enzo, Aventador and Huayra start at around £850,000 which accounts for them being counted as more exclusive cars. The F12 is a lot cheaper but it's also the cover car of the game which accounts for it being in a higher tier.

Also, bare in mind that this game was creatively made and driven from Ghost Games in Gothenburg, Sweden. They would be more inclined to route for the Koenigsegg Agera than the P1.

Return to “Rivals”