Stuttering frame rate on pc

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
markkirby
Stock
Stock

Stuttering frame rate on pc

Post by markkirby »

I just downloaded this game and am so dissapointed. I can not even play for five minuets as I get this constent stutter in the framerate, the game will jerk every couple of seconds, some times extreamly violently. Has anyone else experianced this ? or even fixed this ?. Its not due to my pc as it happens on every graphics setting and I am also playing assasins creed 4 at max settings and 720p. Can anyone help me with this I would really like to play my 30 pound game and feel very ripped off by EA, especialy after all the sim city DRM nonsense.
cyberpapa
Stock
Stock

Re: Stuttering frame rate on pc

Post by cyberpapa »

play the game in window modus and not in ful screen modus.
This works fine for me
Undercover-Jonas
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Undercover-Jonas »

Try changing some of the effects to lower or higher. Somewhere there it bottlenecks the game, had the same issue and after one hour of re- setting the setups over and over to have the most stable graphs + Beautifull ones, I was satisfacted!
RobLSL
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RobLSL »

cyberpapa wrote:play the game in window modus and not in ful screen modus.
This works fine for me
ditto this
Frag Maniac
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Frag Maniac »

Part of the problem is the game is capped at 30 FPS. You can add -GameTime.MaxSimFps ## -GameTime.ForceSimRate ##+ to the target path in the shortcut. Use whatever frame rate your system can handle. For instance I have a 7970, and with max settings at 1080p, I use 40. EG: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 40 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 40+

The entire target path should look as follows:
(Note I omitted the drive and shell folder part of the path to account for possible alternate install paths.)

".....\Need for Speed(TM) Rivals\NFS14.exe" -GameTime.MaxSimFps 40 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 40+

Return to “Rivals”