NFS Rivals - "Personalisation" AKA Customisation

TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

NFS Rivals - "Personalisation" AKA Customisation

Post by TW1ST3R »

Well here it is, it looks like visual customisation is making a comeback in main-series Need for Speed titles. Evidently for Cops it takes a page from The Run's style of customisation, with preset kits and liveries, however it does look like racers may potentially have the ability to freely customise the paintwork and colours of their cars (although as far as I am aware, this has not been confirmed - I'll have you know I have been underground these past few months).

You can read more here
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS Rivals - "Personalisation" AKA Customisation

Post by MaxT »

AKA another marketing scam.
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

And it's still not the personalization that we want.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

lol...
EA needs us to buy their next NFS every year. So it's pretty obvious that the content should only cover 7 or 8 months of play (or fiddling around) time.
it's their road map... the game must become boring and repeatable after 7 or 8 months. :mrgreen:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

So as far as i remember racing was always about: choosing a car,picking a track/course and environment and race or drive...am i wrong?..ok so now all the sudden showing off your ride its more important than racing?..lets not race ,lets do a show off and if my car looks better than yours i win or vice-versa..but wait a minute man ..you can't show off your car cause that brand new spanking paintjob/bodykit..ect.. was ruined due to the cops taking you out..alright ..im gonna go back and pick a car and spend hours on a paint job and its gonna be better than yours..cause see i'm gonna personalize it and make it my own..brb

Goes into personalization options--->then realizes there's not much he can do..calls the game crazy ,boring,worst racing game ever and head back online ,meet with his opponent .. so what happen aren't you gonna show me your car..*frowns*

hold ..hold up man..we forgot something aren't we supposed to race?..YeaH ITS CALLED NEED FOR SPEED.

This small segment was not aimed at the professional designers in this site or people who like to create custom paint jobs in general..it was aimed to the masses that think that the word racing nowadays means customization and you can have a great thrilling racing arcade driving experience and because there's no customization..the game gets the finger and the hate/flame war starts.as much as i want a deep custom paint job system ,im not going to categorized this game as crap because the personalization its bad and limited.i look at what made need for speed a great racing arcade experience and if those values are there then its all good.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:
ooohhhh... shiny... ! =P~

its certainly a body kit.... is it a GT3?...
the head lights look like a 997 rather than a 991.

..lets not race ,lets do a show off and if my car looks better than yours i win or vice-versa...but wait a minute man ..you can't show off your car cause that brand new spanking paintjob/bodykit..ect.. was ruined due to the cops taking you out..alright ..im gonna go back and pick a car and spend hours on a paint job and its gonna be better than yours..cause see i'm gonna personalize it and make it my own..brb
hey phantom... chill out man.
you like to smash your car every 10 seconds...fine... somebody else like to make his car look as cool as the porsche above... someone like me likes being able to upgrade his car's performance in order to compete with the big boys.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

You do know that is a real photo... not ingame.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

TheStig wrote:You do know that is a real photo... not ingame.
:D .... :lol:
yes stig... but it would have been cool if we could have it ingame.
i think it's a 997 GT2 RS.... yep!
Last edited by Navid_A1 on 29 Aug 2013, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
TRANSFORMER wrote:
ooohhhh... shiny... ! =P~

its certainly a body kit.... is it a GT3?...
the head lights look like a 997 rather than a 991.

..lets not race ,lets do a show off and if my car looks better than yours i win or vice-versa...but wait a minute man ..you can't show off your car cause that brand new spanking paintjob/bodykit..ect.. was ruined due to the cops taking you out..alright ..im gonna go back and pick a car and spend hours on a paint job and its gonna be better than yours..cause see i'm gonna personalize it and make it my own..brb
hey phantom... chill out man.
you like to smash your car every 10 seconds...fine... somebody else like to make his car look as cool as the porsche above... someone like me likes being able to upgrade his car's performance in order to compete with the big boys.
Then this is clearly not your type of racing game or series ,I don't remember in NFS 1-6 having personalization or performance upgrades including the first four ,PU maybe was more on the simulation side which its why is your favorite but then they return with hot pursuit 2 and went back to the true roots of the series.also i don't like to crash my cars and you are totally missing the point of my comment man if you wanna put on the hat then go on..I'm just saying again a reminder of what a arcade racing game used to be.

Return to “News”