NFS franchise now "owned" by Ghost Games

MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS franchise now "owned" by Ghost Games

Post by MaxT »

Zotic+ wrote: So the fad in the early 2000's wasn't body kits, huge wings and flashy paint jobs? I now am under the assumption that you don't know very much about the import car scene.

Rice rockets eh?

this is Jeremy Croiset's CRX. Rice? No 2012 National Champion in the NASA Honda Chalenge yes
why are you telling me this? that's not the kind of car you use in Undergroud, show this to Hydro not me.

this is the kind of car you use in Underground:

you can't add spoilers on the roof to the great disappointment of Underground fans but otherwise...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

This is a cool preview,the guy talks about how good the handling is on rivals.
http://nzgamer.com/ps4/previews/1164/ne ... ivals.html
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@phantom: I've said this sometimes already in the last years, and I will say it again - it is not possible to create a NFS game now that appeals to the majority of the fans (I won't say everyone because that's an utopia). NFS has seen so many different games over the years that you can't precisely define what NFS is anymore. In fact, this is the biggest problem the series faces. Not even EA knows what NFS is anymore. All they know is: one NFS must be released each year, and we must make profit out of it. The more, the better.

There seems to be an easy way to fix this, right? Just bring The Need For Speed back with recent graphics and recent cars, but keep everything else pretty much untouched. A remake, if you will, like Tomb Raider: Anniversary. You have all the feelings from the original game, but you also feel that you are getting something new, something properly renewed. However, now let's imagine a NFS fan who started playing during the Underground era. For that fan, NFS is Underground because it's where he started. The NFS roots, for him, are those. For me, NFS roots is Porsche Unleashed because that was my first NFS. They should bring a single brand of cars, such as Porsche, and make the player travel through all their cars, both road cars and race cars. Pretty much like SMS did recently with Ferrari Driving Legends. I would buy a game like that. That's NFS for me. It's certainly not NFS for you. Every fan has its own "roots" when it comes to NFS, and that's the big problem.

What I said earlier was that all NFS games involve high speed racing and the potential for the player to crash. Not that players will want to crash the cars or that crashing is part of the game. In fact, in most NFS you are meant to avoid crashing. Only Criterion seems to know how to make crashes fun enough to base a big chunk of gameplay on that (take Hot Pursuit 2010 and Most Wanted 2012).
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Hydro_PT wrote:- it is not possible to create a NFS game now that appeals to the majority of the fans (I won't say everyone because that's an utopia). NFS has seen so many different games over the years that you can't precisely define what NFS is anymore. In fact, this is the biggest problem the series faces. Not even EA knows what NFS is anymore. All they know is: one NFS must be released each year, and we must make profit out of it. The more, the better.
I could not agree with this more.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Hydro_PT wrote:@phantom:In fact, in most NFS you are meant to avoid crashing. Only Criterion seems to know how to make crashes fun enough to base a big chunk of gameplay on that (take Hot Pursuit 2010 and Most Wanted 2012).
This right here is single solitary reason(Crashing/Drifting are not why I play NFS) I now hate Need for Speed, I'm true oldskooler who loves Need for Speed 2 to Death! I liked 1st but it controlled kinda crappy but that was due to it being infancy of the series every NFS after that with the exception of Pro Street,(Porsche Unleased, I never played cause I really never liked/or could appreciate Porsches until recently) handled great! I was against Underground when it was announced HPS 2 on PS2 was the bees Knees! 8) but after I played um I loved it, because I had already matured as racing gamer after GT so I was officially ready to tinker with everything extensively, when playing NFS2, HPS3 on playstation they let me start tinkering with gear ratios, brakes, and handling sliders I didn't have the slightest idea what was going on, I love speed/performance period! so in my opinion up until Carbon NFS grew up with me over the years from Undercover Afterwords its really been downhill,there are good things to like about the Shift games but I really feel they were half assed, Real Racing 3 on mobile is what NFS Shift should have been without all the bugs/glitches that plagued shift its entire existence. I blame this on EA upper management and why those games were stuck in SIMCADE HELL! :evil:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro_PT wrote:@phantom: I've said this sometimes already in the last years, and I will say it again - it is not possible to create a NFS game now that appeals to the majority of the fans (I won't say everyone because that's an utopia). NFS has seen so many different games over the years that you can't precisely define what NFS is anymore. In fact, this is the biggest problem the series faces. Not even EA knows what NFS is anymore. All they know is: one NFS must be released each year, and we must make profit out of it. The more, the better.

There seems to be an easy way to fix this, right? Just bring The Need For Speed back with recent graphics and recent cars, but keep everything else pretty much untouched. A remake, if you will, like Tomb Raider: Anniversary. You have all the feelings from the original game, but you also feel that you are getting something new, something properly renewed. However, now let's imagine a NFS fan who started playing during the Underground era. For that fan, NFS is Underground because it's where he started. The NFS roots, for him, are those. For me, NFS roots is Porsche Unleashed because that was my first NFS. They should bring a single brand of cars, such as Porsche, and make the player travel through all their cars, both road cars and race cars. Pretty much like SMS did recently with Ferrari Driving Legends. I would buy a game like that. That's NFS for me. It's certainly not NFS for you. Every fan has its own "roots" when it comes to NFS, and that's the big problem.

What I said earlier was that all NFS games involve high speed racing and the potential for the player to crash. Not that players will want to crash the cars or that crashing is part of the game. In fact, in most NFS you are meant to avoid crashing. Only Criterion seems to know how to make crashes fun enough to base a big chunk of gameplay on that (take Hot Pursuit 2010 and Most Wanted 2012).
im from the porsche unleashed era too, that's the classic era but me and you are on the same page in terms of what games they should make and perhaps ghost games its striving towards that,making a game that feels like a need for speed game everytime you play it but in the other hand we have the different types of fans..which honestly will move to the crew from ubisoft, they seem to be nailing the nail on the coffin with the robust customization options and the cockpit views and huge open world,even including classic tuners and stuff from the get go without a dlc (nissan skyline r34).so yeah i totally understand where you come from hydro and somehow criterion find the formula to blend in the crashes and insanity of burnout into the need for speed series but man most wanted was a flopped in my book..awful cop ai,full of glitches and boring not even the dlc with my favorite cars made me play the game more..its still there collecting dust and im still playing hot pursuit 2010 which is consider one of the best need for speed titles during of this era.

Return to “News”