NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MrStalker » 17 Oct 2013, 15:06

MaxT wrote:
MrStalker wrote:First of all, okey, 30 GB is a bit steep, but who gives a firetruck, seriously? It's HDD space it costs like nothing these days.


not really. but even if that were true, why do we have to buy new components cause the developers are too lazy to optimize their games properly (which should be their no.1 priority for all platforms, but it only seems to actually happen for the console versions)?


I would like to know what exactly you are basing your claim that the game is poorly optimized. Have you played the game? Do you know how many FPS it's gonna have on specific hardware? Do you know how detailed the textures are?

How can you speak about poor optimization when you haven't even seen the finished product yet?

MaxT wrote:
MrStalker wrote: Sure, i can understand you're upset if you want to install on you SSD, but what did you expect? Most next-gen games will take up a lot of space. Get a hybrid disk.


there is no "next-gen" for PC games. PC technology constantly evolves, and with proper optimization games can look great, run great and take up little hard drive space regardless of whether we're talking about 2004 or 2013. sure, they'll get bigger and bigger, but with proper optimization that change is constant, so constant we should hardly be able to notice it. NFS jumped from 8 GB to 30 GB in one year -.-


Yes it is because the development of PC games is tightly connected to the consoles. Very few games take advantage of the additional power of the PC, most are straight ports. The reason why Rivals can take up so much more space than Most Wanted is this: BluRay.

MaxT wrote:
MrStalker wrote:Secondly, Frostbite 3.0 doesn't support XP, and XP doesn't support any DirectX runtime above 9.0c, so whoever pushed those specs out at EA probably had a brain fart.


pretty much, like I said earlier, EA also stated that NFS Most Wanted uses Frostcrap 2.0.


First I've ever heard of it. If you have an official source I'd like to see it.

MaxT wrote:
MrStalker wrote:Last and most importantly: Stop bitching ffs. Of course the specs are going to be higher than those of last-gen titles! Finally we are starting to see some games with really good technology and amazing graphics worthy of high-end PCs, and all you do is complain? Well then, buy it on console ffs. Glorious PC Gaming Master Race FTW!


we complain (well, I do) because Frostcrap games use a lot of resources but don't look any better than Chameleon or even RenderWare games. Frostbite is garbage. EA tells you "It has good technology!" and you start flying that around like a flag even though I'm pretty sure you have no clue what that technology actually is, or whether it's actually unique to Frostbite.


O'rly? Since we're talking about the engine in general and not Rivals in particular, have you seen Battlefield 4? It looks one hell of a lot better then any other engine I've seen, Chameleon isn't even close. Sure, I'm willing to admit that Frostbite 3.0 is a all-purpose engine so it may not be ideal for racing games, but garbage? Your wild assumptions are garbage.

I have no clue you say? Well, I'm a fifth year major in computer engineering, and we've had people from DICE at lectures talking about Frostbite and the technology behind it, so I think I have a pretty good idea. A friend of mine currenty does his master thesis at DICE. So don't come with your shiznit and tell me I don't have a clue.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 17 Oct 2013, 15:40

MrStalker wrote:I would like to know what exactly you are basing your claim that the game is poorly optimized. Have you played the game? Do you know how many FPS it's gonna have on specific hardware? Do you know how detailed the textures are?

How can you speak about poor optimization when you haven't even seen the finished product yet?


how can you, genius? I have more than earned the right to be skeptical about everything that has anything to do with EA. what has made you so optimistic about it?

Frostbite 1 sucked, Frostbite 2 sucked, give me a reason why I should think the 3rd is any different. it certainly looks the same. same ugly graphics, same exaggerated system requirements.

MrStalker wrote:Yes it is because the development of PC games is tightly connected to the consoles. Very few games take advantage of the additional power of the PC, most are straight ports. The reason why Rivals can take up so much more space than Most Wanted is this: BluRay.


very few, but they do. only reason most PC games don't reach their full potential is because the developers port them from the console versions instead of developing them independently, which would upset the console customers, or porting the PC versions to consoles which isn't possible CAUSE CONSOLES SUCK!

again, there is no "next gen" for PC's. only reason games seem that way is because they are actually just console games with KBAM support and customizable graphics.

and you can tell EA, Sony and Microsoft to shove their BluRay where the sun don't shine. we don't need it, especially if you buy games on Steam or Origin. BluRay is just an excuse for poor optimization.

MrStalker wrote:First I've ever heard of it. If you have an official source I'd like to see it.


yeah, http://www.nfsunlimited.net

do your own f***ing research, what am I your personal search engine?

MrStalker wrote:O'rly? Since we're talking about the engine in general and not Rivals in particular, have you seen Battlefield 4? It looks one hell of a lot better then any other engine I've seen


it looks like another grey (well, cyan-grey) over-realistic FPS. best graffix evar.

MrStalker wrote: Chameleon isn't even close. Sure, I'm willing to admit that Frostbite 3.0 is a all-purpose engine so it may not be ideal for racing games, but garbage? Your wild assumptions are garbage.


here are the facts:
-as far as actual graphical detail goes it doesn't look any better than your average post 2010 game. contradict me on that you'll just be contradicting an earlier statement you made, something like "Do you know how detailed the textures are?"
-as far as style goes... well they have none, and normally I'd blame this on the game's lead designer but I can't help but notice that all Frostbite games look like this.
-taking the above points in mind, Frostbite uses a lot of resources.

in a nutshell:
-it's ugly / doesn't give much
-asks for a lot in return

that fits the description of poor optimization, aka garbage.

MrStalker wrote:I have no clue you say? Well, I'm a fifth year major in computer engineering, and we've had people from DICE at lectures talking about Frostbite and the technology behind it, so I think I have a pretty good idea. A friend of mine currenty does his master thesis at DICE. So don't come with your shiznit and tell me I don't have a clue.


i graduated Electrical Engineering and Computers last year. so?

FYI DICE talk about the tech in Fostbite all the time on Facebook and YouTube. it's called promoting. that's your problem, that's everybody's problem, you're too GULLIBLE.

Jesus Christ you'd think that after a decade of being screwed over people would stop believing EA's bulls*it.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MrStalker » 17 Oct 2013, 20:27

Ok just wow, if you were 13-year old I could have forgiven your incivilities, but a post-graduate? Really? Do you behave like this at work too when discussing things? You make a bunch of wide claims without providing any actual facts to back them up, and then tell me to do my own f-ing research. Well, the burden of the providing evidence is on the one doing the claims, not the one questioning them.

Please note that I've never said that Rivals will NOT have any of the issues you're concerned about, so I have nothing to prove. I'm simply criticizing your claims which I believe to be inaccurate or at the very least poorly founded. When I do so, you immediately respond aggressively and with incivility, which usually means the claims are based on a per-existing opinion about the subject matter rather than actual facts.

I do not work at EA, Sony or Microsoft, so I'm not in position to tell them to shove anything anywhere.

The quality of the graphics is obviously very subjective in nature. I think, and many video game journalists seem to agree, that Frostbite 3.0 looks stunning in BF4, as good as or better than other engines used in current AAA titles. I cannot speak to how good it will look in Rivals, however. If you think it looks like shiznit, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you don't have to try shoving it down everybody else's throat.

Unlike you, I do not base my opinions on prejudice. I'd rather wait and see and play the game for myself before I pass judgment. I don't think that makes me gullible.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 18 Oct 2013, 05:05

I'm a need for speed fan,i have played all the nfs titles except pro street because to me it was just a total mess simple as that.About frostbite 3 soo far the screenshots, the gameplay videos show this graphic engine at work and it takes and it takes need for speed to a whole new level in terms of visuals, i don't know how it will drive and gameplay wise i'm not a fan of the dumb playlist in the career.But one thing this game has one the core elements of a classic need for speed title beautiful,epic environments and lots of exotics.

I'm goona get this on ps4 day one since pretty much all the game i wanted from the launch lineup have being delayed till spring 2014 including The crew, so yeah Imo opinion the game is looking nice.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby StaneSKT » 18 Oct 2013, 07:55

Interesting...
Image
User avatar
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 26 May 2011, 19:14
Location: Street Kings Team Bulgaria

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Navid_A1 » 18 Oct 2013, 08:57

Phantom_pain33 wrote:I'm a need for speed fan,i have played all the nfs titles except pro street because to me it was just a total mess simple as that.About frostbite 3 soo far the screenshots, the gameplay videos show this graphic engine at work and it takes and it takes need for speed to a whole new level in terms of visuals, i don't know how it will drive and gameplay wise i'm not a fan of the dumb playlist in the career.But one thing this game has one the core elements of a classic need for speed title beautiful,epic environments and lots of exotics.

I'm goona get this on ps4 day one since pretty much all the game i wanted from the launch lineup have being delayed till spring 2014 including The crew, so yeah Imo opinion the game is looking nice.


playstation is another story. have you tried frostbite on a PC?
the argue is not about the the visuals. the graphics engine in a racing game should not force its battlefield oriented physics modules and function libraries on your system.
the argue is not about that 30GB either. if the game engine was specifically fine tuned for NFS then they could use that space for more content like larger world...
User avatar
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 17:11

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MrStalker » 18 Oct 2013, 09:08

Navid_A1 wrote:playstation is another story. have you tried frostbite on a PC?
the argue is not about the the visuals. the graphics engine in a racing game should not force its battlefield oriented physics modules and function libraries on your system.
the argue is not about that 30GB either. if the game engine was specifically fine tuned for NFS then they could use that space for more content like larger world...


I agree, but why do you assume that it does? How do you know what those 30 GB are used for? It seems people are just jumping to conclusions...
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 18 Oct 2013, 10:45

MrStalker wrote:Ok just wow, if you were 13-year old I could have forgiven your incivilities, but a post-graduate? Really? Do you behave like this at work too when discussing things?


no. IRL if an argument doesn't end with someone having a black eye, my point was not made.

MrStalker wrote:You make a bunch of wide claims without providing any actual facts to back them up, and then tell me to do my own f-ing research. Well, the burden of the providing evidence is on the one doing the claims, not the one questioning them.


did someone say hypocrite?

you're doing the exact same things, only difference is you started crying and taking it personally.

MrStalker wrote:Please note that I've never said that Rivals will NOT have any of the issues you're concerned about, so I have nothing to prove. I'm simply criticizing your claims which I believe to be inaccurate or at the very least poorly founded.


so you're trolling?

MrStalker wrote:When I do so, you immediately respond aggressively and with incivility, which usually means the claims are based on a per-existing opinion about the subject matter rather than actual facts.


where are your facts genius? f***ing hypocrite.

here's only one fact you need to be concerned about:

-EA haven't delivered a game worth it's money in over 10 years, and in the last few years they've been passing d*ck moves around like flyers (a little DRM software here, a little day-one DLC there, etc). why ANYONE would believe ANYTHING they do is in the customer's interest is beyond me, unless they are A. a fanboy (like you), B. a gullible idiot (like you), C. both (guess).

Frostcrap is no different. they keep pushing this engine to all the developers because being so poorly optimized it's budget was probably microscopical, but it uses enough blur and light glare effects for people to fall for it when you tell them "THIS HAS GOOD GRAPHICS!".

MrStalker wrote:I do not work at EA, Sony or Microsoft, so I'm not in position to tell them to shove anything anywhere.


could've fooled me.

MrStalker wrote:The quality of the graphics is obviously very subjective in nature.


oh so now it''s subjective huh? you were all up in my face about the texture resolution, but now it's a "Subjective matter".

but you're right, it is. but only partially. being able to tell whether the graphics are actually advanced couldn't be a more objective matter. but "advanced" doesn't mean the graphics are good, whether or not they are pleasing to look at depends on the color palette (cyan and orange in Frostbite, ew), texture style, etc... which is a subjective matter.

so if you like Frostbite games for their graphics style (you're tacky as hell) fine! but don't come telling me it's "advanced". there's nothing advanced about Frostbite.

MrStalker wrote: I think, and many video game journalists seem to agree, that Frostbite 3.0 looks stunning in BF4, as good as or better than other engines used in current AAA titles.


you know, at some point I actually thought that you were expressing your own opinions, but now that I find out they actually belong to the most gullible, corruptible and full of s*** human beings on the planet (game journalists) I have no doubt that you're nothing more than a common fanboy.

seriously dude? you could have at least lied about that. gaming journalism is a bad joke.

MrStalker wrote: I cannot speak to how good it will look in Rivals, however. If you think it looks like shiznit, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you don't have to try shoving it down everybody else's throat.


if I don't, who will? excuse me if I'm not alright with EA still being in business after so many years of screwing us over cause you imbeciles keep buying their garbage.

MrStalker wrote:Unlike you, I do not base my opinions on prejudice. I'd rather wait and see and play the game for myself before I pass judgment. I don't think that makes me gullible.


no you base them off game journalists opinions, lmao.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 18 Oct 2013, 17:39

MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 19 Oct 2013, 05:38

Navid_A1 wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:I'm a need for speed fan,i have played all the nfs titles except pro street because to me it was just a total mess simple as that.About frostbite 3 soo far the screenshots, the gameplay videos show this graphic engine at work and it takes and it takes need for speed to a whole new level in terms of visuals, i don't know how it will drive and gameplay wise i'm not a fan of the dumb playlist in the career.But one thing this game has one the core elements of a classic need for speed title beautiful,epic environments and lots of exotics.

I'm goona get this on ps4 day one since pretty much all the game i wanted from the launch lineup have being delayed till spring 2014 including The crew, so yeah Imo opinion the game is looking nice.


playstation is another story. have you tried frostbite on a PC?
the argue is not about the the visuals. the graphics engine in a racing game should not force its battlefield oriented physics modules and function libraries on your system.
the argue is not about that 30GB either. if the game engine was specifically fine tuned for NFS then they could use that space for more content like larger world...


Navid this is the second time you shut my comment down , im not trying to add fuel to the flames here.im trying to cool down things man because this is escalating to the point that if it was real there will a brawl ,it would definitively get physical.maybe i post my comment on the wrong topic..the bells and whistles underneath this game i honestly don't care as long as it looks good and plays good im fine with that its all about playing a game and having fun.i tried frostbite on the pc before ,through nfs the run and battlefield cant really tell because the game was running from the origin server.

Frostbite gives the game a very realistic, gritty atmospheric look in this case rivals its a game that's about a rivalry ,a high stakes battle between cops and racers i think it fits visually perfectly for this game imo.I'm not trying to shove this game down somebody throat,we are humans and we have choices we can buy it or not buy it.

future note--Ea said at E3 that mostly all of the next gen games will run on the frostbite 3 engine, that includes the next mirror edge,star wars battlefront ,dead space and future nfs titles.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Navid_A1 » 19 Oct 2013, 11:08

I was not trying to shut your comment down phantom... i agree with you on the visuals too.
User avatar
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 17:11

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 20 Oct 2013, 00:01

Phantom_pain33 wrote:we are humans and we have choices we can buy it or not buy it.


or torrent it.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 20 Oct 2013, 03:00

MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:we are humans and we have choices we can buy it or not buy it.


or torrent it.


Which is exactly what the majority of the pc gamers will do to test out the game and maybe the probability of buying it, its pretty low.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Hydro_PT » 20 Oct 2013, 03:30

What exactly is expected? If there is no demo, there is no way for people to legally test the product before it's out. Giving EA's reputation, I don't trust them. I would trust Valve or Rockstar (and Codemasters too a while ago). But not EA. I'm still quite pissed at Most Wanted 2012 DLC. I paid for the new content and never got it working right. And they never fixed it, even after endless complaints from many users. If that's their approach to costumers, then mine is to download their game and never give them any money. Because they don't deserve it until they prove the game is actually good and actually works. For that reason, I have played all NFS games since Porsche Unleashed, but bought few of these. I would never buy Undercover, ProStreet, Carbon or The Run.

Oh and piracy also happens on Xbox 360 and PS3. Don't fool yourself thinking it's only PC gamers who pirate games. Console piracy is very high, but for some reason, people always complain at PC.
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 20 Oct 2013, 05:17

Hydro_PT wrote:What exactly is expected? If there is no demo, there is no way for people to legally test the product before it's out. Giving EA's reputation, I don't trust them. I would trust Valve or Rockstar (and Codemasters too a while ago). But not EA. I'm still quite pissed at Most Wanted 2012 DLC. I paid for the new content and never got it working right. And they never fixed it, even after endless complaints from many users. If that's their approach to costumers, then mine is to download their game and never give them any money. Because they don't deserve it until they prove the game is actually good and actually works. For that reason, I have played all NFS games since Porsche Unleashed, but bought few of these. I would never buy Undercover, ProStreet, Carbon or The Run.

Oh and piracy also happens on Xbox 360 and PS3. Don't fool yourself thinking it's only PC gamers who pirate games. Console piracy is very high, but for some reason, people always complain at PC.


Hydro trust me i've done the same,i bought all the classics on PlayStation some of them were copies you know 90's era where copies were popular 10 or 15 dollars for a copy on chinatown nyc, the good old days... anyways..i've never bought the undergrounds games since the classics i bought hot pursuit 2 because that game deserved the 45 bucks or 50 bucks back in the days ,bought criterion hot pursuit,most wanted and the run , the rest of the nfs you know the deal and i never play pro- street cause it was a mess.no hard feelings.

But honestly Hydro don't you think the discussion here between a few of the members its getting outta of hands.its a new chapter for the series , new developer lets see what they can do.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 20 Oct 2013, 09:57

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
MaxT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:we are humans and we have choices we can buy it or not buy it.


or torrent it.


Which is exactly what the majority of the pc gamers will do to test out the game and maybe the probability of buying it, its pretty low.


hah! I don't think I could have predicted your answer any better.

they wouldn't have to do that if developers would release trials / demos. or make games that are actually worth the money. or not cut content and release it later (usually from day one) as DLC. or not make single-player games only work online. or not limit the number of activations. or... continue?

you're quick to judge people who pirate the game. but do you even look at the company that sold you that game and their mistakes? of course not.

the reason most PC games are so badly made is because PC's can have unlimited resources, whereas consoles are limited. so developers are forced to optimize console games, but for PC ones they can just go "bah, leave it. they'll get better PC's". it has nothing to do with piracy, that's just an excuse the developers and you f**knuts like to use.

well it works both ways, it's your fault NFS, and EA games in general, are so poorly made. cause you keep giving them money even though you (should) expect mediocre results from them at best.

Phantom_pain33 wrote:But honestly Hydro don't you think the discussion here between a few of the members its getting outta of hands.its a new chapter for the series , new developer lets see what they can do.


you mean discussions between EA's fateful and those who still think straight.

EA haven't delivered an impressive game, or even a decent game, since Hot Pursuit 2:

-Underground doesn't belong in this series. sports / exotic cars are gone, the speed is gone, the cops are gone...
-Underground 2's only good feature (well, ish) was the fact that you can place a wide variety of plastic garbage made in Taiwan on your car so that it becomes "Kewl". apart from that it's just Underground 1 except the music sucks and the cars are ridiculously slow (400 km/h? b**** please this thing isn't going at more than 100)
-Most Wanted stood out but it still had "Budget" written all over it, not to mention it was made to look inferior on purpose, to make the Xbox 360 version sell better.
-Carbon is just blue Most Wanted with bad A.I. and even worse music. also this time it favored the PS3 version.
-Pro Street tried to be an interesting simulator, to stand out over Forza and GT, but failed from every other point of view. also doesn't belong in this series although I'd take it over Underground 2...
-Undercover was EA's attempt at competing with Big Rigs.
-Shift and Shift 2 are... someone call Polyphony Digital to get their games back.
-Hot Pursuit brought the game back to it's roots, but much like the rest it had to meet a deadline.
-The Run was EA's second attempt at competing with Big Rigs.
-Most Wanted was just Burnout Paradise, only it traded the awesome crashes for a handful of licensed cars, the insane amount of events and challenges for cops with dumb A.I., and the great music for techno and pop garbage that you only put in a racing game if your sense of humor is powered by a battery.

so give me one good reason why I should believe that Rivals will be anything other than complete garbage. one good reason. so far what I've seen points at the contrary. bad / over-rated game engine, very few cars, ugly graphics...
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Navid_A1 » 20 Oct 2013, 10:41

I really feel you MaxT. your words are true mostly (reminds me of my past attempts)... but you can not wake up people who pretend to be asleep (not talking to you phantom... or anyone else... honestly!)

regarding this NFS:rival... i will try!! it first. because i can find pre-orders!!! (even after release) if i find rivals worthy.!
User avatar
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 17:11

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby koala72 » 20 Oct 2013, 11:14

[quote="MaxT"][quote="Phantom_pain33"][quote="MaxT"][quote="Phantom_pain33"]
we are humans and we have choices we can buy it or not buy it.
[/quote]

or torrent it.[/quote]

Which is exactly what the majority of the pc gamers will do to test out the game and maybe the probability of buying it, its pretty low.[/quote]

hah! I don't think I could have predicted your answer any better.

they wouldn't have to do that if developers would release trials / demos. or make games that are actually worth the money. or not cut content and release it later (usually from day one) as DLC. or not make single-player games only work online. or not limit the number of activations. or... continue?

you're quick to judge people who pirate the game. but do you even look at the company that sold you that game and their mistakes? of course not.

the reason most PC games are so badly made is because PC's can have unlimited resources, whereas consoles are limited. so developers are forced to optimize console games, but for PC ones they can just go "bah, leave it. they'll get better PC's". it has nothing to do with piracy, that's just an excuse the developers and you f**knuts like to use.

well it works both ways, it's your fault NFS, and EA games in general, are so poorly made. cause you keep giving them money even though you (should) expect mediocre results from them at best.

[quote="Phantom_pain33"]
But honestly Hydro don't you think the discussion here between a few of the members its getting outta of hands.its a new chapter for the series , new developer lets see what they can do.[/quote]

you mean discussions between EA's fateful and those who still think straight.

EA haven't delivered an impressive game, or even a decent game, since Hot Pursuit 2:

-Underground doesn't belong in this series. sports / exotic cars are gone, the speed is gone, the cops are gone...
-Underground 2's only good feature (well, ish) was the fact that you can place a wide variety of plastic garbage made in Taiwan on your car so that it becomes "Kewl". apart from that it's just Underground 1 except the music sucks and the cars are ridiculously slow (400 km/h? b**** please this thing isn't going at more than 100)
-Most Wanted stood out but it still had "Budget" written all over it, not to mention it was made to look inferior on purpose, to make the Xbox 360 version sell better.
-Carbon is just blue Most Wanted with bad A.I. and even worse music. also this time it favored the PS3 version.
-Pro Street tried to be an interesting simulator, to stand out over Forza and GT, but failed from every other point of view. also doesn't belong in this series although I'd take it over Underground 2...
-Undercover was EA's attempt at competing with Big Rigs.
-Shift and Shift 2 are... someone call Polyphony Digital to get their games back.
-Hot Pursuit brought the game back to it's roots, but much like the rest it had to meet a deadline.
-The Run was EA's second attempt at competing with Big Rigs.
-Most Wanted was just Burnout Paradise, only it traded the awesome crashes for a handful of licensed cars, the insane amount of events and challenges for cops with dumb A.I., and the great music for techno and pop garbage that you only put in a racing game if your sense of humor is powered by a battery.

so give me one good reason why I should believe that Rivals will be anything other than complete garbage. one good reason. so far what I've seen points at the contrary. bad / over-rated game engine, very few cars, ugly graphics...[/quote]

EA successfully took advantage of the Fast & Furious phase. How can you hate on them for adjusting to consumer trends?

I'm assuming you're one of those people that craps on about MTV not being a music channel anymore.

And if the last x amount of NFS games are 'garbage' why are you here posting? Why don't you move on?
koala72
Stock
Stock
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Jan 2004, 02:39
Location: australia

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 20 Oct 2013, 14:39

Navid_A1 wrote:I really feel you MaxT. your words are true mostly (reminds me of my past attempts)... but you can not wake up people who pretend to be asleep (not talking to you phantom... or anyone else... honestly!)

regarding this NFS:rival... i will try!! it first. because i can find pre-orders!!! (even after release) if i find rivals worthy.!


yeah that's one of the advantages of living in Europe. you can torrent the game immediately after it's released in the US and then still have at least 3 days to pre-order it.

koala72 wrote:EA successfully took advantage of the Fast & Furious phase. How can you hate on them for adjusting to consumer trends?


I can hate them because they changed the game entirely, it bares no similarity to any of the previous ones apart from the fact that it features a (completely different) selection of cars.

imagine Battlefield turning into Halo over night. it's still a FPS right? but would you still call it a Battlefield game?

getting with the trend isn't an excuse to change a series completely. if they really wanted to make FnF The Game they should have made it under a different title, not steal NFS away from it's fans.

koala72 wrote:I'm assuming you're one of those people that craps on about MTV not being a music channel anymore.


and I'm assuming... no, I'm pretty damn sure you're one of those fanboys that scream "MAKE UNDERGROUND 3!!!!11" every time EA releases a new NFS trailer.

koala72 wrote:And if the last x amount of NFS games are 'garbage' why are you here posting? Why don't you move on?


cause it pisses you off fanboy, that's why.

oh, and I still play the games, I just don't buy most of them. the ones that I do buy I get for $5 at most.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby ThunderScrambler » 20 Oct 2013, 16:02



Just thought you should take a look at this... because it has a cutscene and other cop stuff in it! :)
Image
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 20 Oct 2013, 17:43

At Maxt

Alright did you read , my response to hydro about trying the games and i think me and you pretty much know which one was the last need for speed title that was worthy of the name.hot pursuit 2 its a masterpiece...still till this day looks good and plays good.

Rivals
One good reason its the successor to hot pursuit 2010 IMO which its the best of the nfs's of this generation and off course hot pursuit had horrible physics,but the sense of speed was frantic and the multiplayer rocks and im not an online /multiplayer gamer type and i can definitively enjoy hot pursuit mode online.rivals fixes the physics and based on opinions from gamers all over the net ,they said the cops are back and the dumb ai its gone.which i agree with you one of the things that pissed me off about most wanted was that and i just thought there was no sense of progression,so yeah i hate most wanted ,ill probably trade it with another game to get sum credits at gamestop and get rivals for cheap.to me rivals brings hot pursuit back and fixes what was wrong with most wanted design and career structure and all drive sounds interesting and looks good..how it plays that's another story and another thing this game screams nfs high stakes there's just something about it.

I'm not a fan of EA and their tactics , I'm a fan of the need for speed series.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Hydro_PT » 20 Oct 2013, 18:51

But honestly Hydro don't you think the discussion here between a few of the members its getting outta of hands


Regarding this, I haven't seen these forums like this in a while, so it's good to have people actually posting and sharing opinions. :)

As long as everyone keeps within the boundaries of mutual respect, it's all good. Never take anything too personal, after all this is the internet. You won't change someone's view on something, so just voice your opinion and accept theirs. That's it.

I saw one or two things a while ago that I didn't quite like (calling each other idiots and other stuff), but I decided to let that pass. However, that's the limit guys, so please do keep this interesting discussion (I shall join shortly, after reading all posts carefully haha), but keep it a good one. :)
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 20 Oct 2013, 23:53

Phantom_pain33 wrote:I'm not a fan of EA and their tactics , I'm a fan of the need for speed series.


yeah well the NFS series died a long time ago. "this generation of NFS" consists of racing simulators, trunk stereo simulators and Burnout clones.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby Jack33673 » 21 Oct 2013, 04:32

I'm not even sure if this game will run on my computer I have a AMD processor that's been unlocked quad core processor, 3GB of RAM not sure if I need to buy some more RAM and galaxy GeForce 550 Ti with about 1GB GDDR5 of dedicated video memory. I'm not sure if it will run on my PC which has two partitions one for Windows XP and another Windows 7 (32-bit).
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 26 May 2012, 06:18
Location: Randallstown,MD

Re: NFS: Rivals - system requirements

Postby MaxT » 21 Oct 2013, 08:56

Jack33673 wrote:I'm not even sure if this game will run on my computer I have a AMD processor that's been unlocked quad core processor, 3GB of RAM not sure if I need to buy some more RAM and galaxy GeForce 550 Ti with about 1GB GDDR5 of dedicated video memory. I'm not sure if it will run on my PC which has two partitions one for Windows XP and another Windows 7 (32-bit).


you'll be able to run it. though, exactly how well depends on how badly the developers screw up with the optimization.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:46

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron