PC vs Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

Which one ?

PC
49%
Xbox 360
15%
Playstation 3
27%
Nintendo Wii
7%
Atari 2600
2%

Total votes: 112

Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

The Xbox 360 Elite has a price only $60 less than the PS3. That's still quite a sum to pay, but it is definitely worth it unlike the PS3.

But no matter how long you wait, the Wii will always have the lowest price.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

hmm... what does the 360 have that the ps3 doesn't?

- halo :roll:
-expensive accesories
-fat controllers
- the elite has a big hard drive.
-its made by microsoft

the ps3 has a built in blu-ray, a better, lighter controller, and its more powerful

so don't tell me a ps3 is a waste of money.

:roll: fanboy
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Fishwhiz wrote:hmm... what does the 360 have that the ps3 doesn't?

- halo :roll:
-expensive accesories
-fat controllers
- the elite has a big hard drive.
-its made by microsoft

the ps3 has a built in blu-ray, a better, lighter controller, and its more powerful

so don't tell me a ps3 is a waste of money.

:roll: fanboy
Well actually, it has Forza Motorsport 2, PGR and Gears of War.
And the PS3's power hasnt even come into equation yet, seeing as no game developers are really using it, so whats the point of having all this power, with noone to use it?
And I dont remember saying it's a waste of money, but if I must, I will only buy the PS3 if MGS 4 is an exclusive. And even then, I'll be wasting my $1200.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Fishwhiz: Check your stats, buddy: http://www.barefeats.com/xbox_ps3.html
The power between the PS3 and Xbox 360 Elite arethe same except that the 360 has 1 GB of L2 cache while the PS3 only has 512 MB. The only slight advantages the PS3 has are that the memory bandwidth is 3.2 GB/s more and the dpo/s is better.

And what accessories are you comparing? Because the controllers are the exact same price.

And if you are going to use size of controller as an advantage for the PS3, let's compare the size of the actual consoles too:
Attachments
Sizes of various consoles.
Sizes of various consoles.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:The PS3 has already crashed and burned, I'm not saying it's a bad console, it's just a poor choice by Sony. To release a $1000AUD console with what, like 2 exclusives. If they had of released it with more exclusives, and didnt put in a blu-ray player, they might have just been able to keep up with the Wii(Saying Wii because they were released about the same time).

At this moment, the 360 is the optimum choice for a console, as it already has great online, more exclusives than you can poke a stick at, and it doesnt cost a small fortune.
The PS2 was shiznit at the time it was released, but it became pretty damn fantastic when developers learned to use it properly and the prices started falling down like mad.

Exclusives are coming, blu-ray is necessary for the latest games, Wii is a totally different market group.

No doubt, the 360 is a more attractive choice atm. But we don't know what the future holds.
Lan.Evo.III wrote:And the PS3's power hasnt even come into equation yet, seeing as no game developers are really using it, so whats the point of having all this power, with noone to use it?
And I dont remember saying it's a waste of money, but if I must, I will only buy the PS3 if MGS 4 is an exclusive. And even then, I'll be wasting my $1200.
Developers will have to learn to use it. I'd say it's worth to learn using it, as the PS3 packs a lot of hidden punch.

Investing in such gaming consoles is always a waste of money. You buy them for fun. If you can afford a PS3, then get one. If you can't, get a Wii/360. If money is growing on your back, why not get all 3 of them and enjoy the best from all worlds?
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

It is worth learning to use, but with exclusives being almost extinct for sony at the moment, they wont learn to use it, because they're also making on the 360 or the Wii or whatever. Also, when the PS2 first came out, it had no real competition, and it wasnt that bad.
I'm just trying to say the PS3 will be a waste of money untill it's been out for atleast a year, this is the same reason I only recently bought a 360, because at first, the game list was pretty average, but now, it's awsome, there are so many options for it, and it easily has the best online for any 'console'.(Not including the PC as a console, because it isnt)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:I'm just trying to say the PS3 will be a waste of money untill it's been out for atleast a year,
it will still be a waste of money in one year time... the technology they used for ps3 is way over the price and its impossible it will go down in a year..... and ps3 is just a copy... lol.. copy the motion sensitive from wii.. how cheap are sony -.-
Explicit signature removed.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Motion-sensitive controllers have been around for a long time already. The Wii isn't anything new when it comes to that. The only thing new is how they use the motion sensitive controllers in the games, movement plays the biggest role.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

motion sensiteve controllers have been around for along time?
well go ahead and tell me some then :P
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

what about in the game duck hunt ? where you have a shotgun like controller and you shoot at the birds on the tv with it, its a classic. im not sure if that counts or not though
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

O_o that dont fully count tho.. thats just a controller that does it for one game or maybe all shootin games... like i can say house of dead on dreamcast.. u have a machine gun or pistol for it

oh btw... did any one know u can use a wii remote for ur pc.... pretty cool..
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

ImJ wrote:motion sensiteve controllers have been around for along time?
well go ahead and tell me some then :P
I remember my cousin had a motion sensitive Logitech controller that worked somewhat similar to the current PS3 controller. Last time I saw that thing was at least 4 years ago.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

: O right
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Either you don't believe me or you're just being ignorant. How's this?:

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/motionpad/

A whopping 8 years old, actually.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ ImJ: How would you use the Wii remote for the PC? I'd be very interested in hearing about this.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Mousing sensing mouse are usually used for presentations... there's also a vid on youtube somewhere where some dude managed to get the wii mote working on the PC playing HL2
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

All light guns are motion sensitives. So motion sensors controllers have been out since the 80's.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Sorry to end the sub-topic, but I'd rather PS3 over anything else. The only problem I have with it is lack of good games, but the Wii has the same problem.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

IMO the wii is for fat kinds who play too much video games so nintendo came up with a way so fat kids could get their excercise while playing a game
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

imo wii's are for kids, yes, but also those who just like the idea of being active when playing video games.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

either way it really isnt the rock your socks off grpahics and gameplay that alot of us like to see
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

darknight788 wrote:either way it really isnt the rock your socks off grpahics and gameplay that alot of us like to see
wii dosent realy care about the gfx but the fun and gameplay... if wii would have better gfx like 360 / ps3 then wii would own...

and wii is not for kids.... its for every one -.-... even 18 games are comming out now for wii.. 2 are confirmmed so far..

Man Hunt 2
Driver Parrel lines... ( how ever u spell it )

noooo.. read on ign they banned manhunt 2 for UK on wii :/ i wanted to get that game aswell
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, still, e games nintendo makes for it are very childish like mario. and i would like to know who came up with the name "wii"
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

ImJ wrote:
darknight788 wrote:either way it really isnt the rock your socks off grpahics and gameplay that alot of us like to see
wii dosent realy care about the gfx but the fun and gameplay... if wii would have better gfx like 360 / ps3 then wii would own...

and wii is not for kids.... its for every one -.-... even 18 games are comming out now for wii.. 2 are confirmmed so far..

Man Hunt 2
Driver Parrel lines... ( how ever u spell it )

noooo.. read on ign they banned manhunt 2 for UK on wii :/ i wanted to get that game aswell
What fun and gameplay? There are two age groups that the Wii is aimed at: little kids and old people. Meanwhile, PS3 is getting a heck of a lot more games this year than Wii, and most of them target the real gamers, such as teens, adults, and the not-as-young-as-they-used-to-be kids.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The Wii is targeted at all age groups.

Return to “The Games”