PC vs Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

Which one ?

PC
55
49%
Xbox 360
17
15%
Playstation 3
30
27%
Nintendo Wii
8
7%
Atari 2600
2
2%
 
Total votes : 112

Postby Fishwhiz » 21 Jun 2007, 00:58

well it doesn't seem to targeted at teenagers. everyone my age (13-14) say that the wii is "wiitarded" as they like to call it. but theres this extremely immature kid my age that wants one ever so badly. so yes, it is targeted at kids or adults. not really teenagers who will laugh and scoff at it.
Image
User avatar
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: 20 Mar 2005, 23:56
Location: Why must you know?

Postby PSZeTa » 21 Jun 2007, 01:02

You mean teenagers that can't see the fun behind the Wii, because they need to be cool and tough, or they'll be kicked out of the ''elite gang''.

:'D
Image
User avatar
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: 07 Feb 2004, 19:26
Location: 30-12-1900

Postby Fishwhiz » 21 Jun 2007, 01:11

not really, they just see it as dumb. so do i. its nothing about being tough or in a leet gang. i don't know why.
Image
User avatar
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: 20 Mar 2005, 23:56
Location: Why must you know?

Postby xHaZxMaTx » 21 Jun 2007, 01:21

I'm a teen, I like it, my sister's a teen, she likes it, my brother's a teen, he likes it, my friends are teens, they like it...
Image
User avatar
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 8940
Joined: 26 Jun 2005, 05:32
Location: Cali-for-ni-a

Postby Porsche-AG » 21 Jun 2007, 01:22

Well if you think the Wii has nothing 'cool' about it that teenagers could be interested in, here this:
80% of the cool kids I know bought a Nintendo DS with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and bring it to school every day to play. And these are the kids who are making all the teams and play hockey.

Now, let's look at the Wii. The first online game coming out for the Wii will be Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and when it comes out all those kids are going to buy a Wii so they can wirelessly connect to their DS and have the ultimate gaming experience.

Not cool enough now?
Image
User avatar
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: 22 Jun 2006, 03:12
Location: Canada

Postby Fishwhiz » 21 Jun 2007, 02:02

Porsche-AG wrote:80% of the cool kids I know bought a Nintendo DS with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and bring it to school every day to play.


wow, 80% of teh cool kids at your school are nerds. im sorry, but i only know friendless people who own ds's.


and @ xhasxmatx-

maybe people are different in california than in nc. same for porsche ag
Image
User avatar
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: 20 Mar 2005, 23:56
Location: Why must you know?

Postby darknight788 » 21 Jun 2007, 02:35

pokemon ? are you kidding me ? im sorry porsche maybe you are in that age group for pokemon. but i can assure you anybody that is in their late teens isnt thinking about getting a wii maybe when it first came out but not now ,they are thinking about Xbox's and ps3's
Image
User avatar
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: 25 Feb 2006, 19:35
Location: I have mated with a woman inform the men

Postby xHaZxMaTx » 21 Jun 2007, 02:46

You guys are generalizing, why do you do that? Some people like certain things that other people don't, it's a simple fact of life.
Image
User avatar
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 8940
Joined: 26 Jun 2005, 05:32
Location: Cali-for-ni-a

Postby darknight788 » 21 Jun 2007, 03:17

hazmat, do you like pokemon ? in my last year of high school when all the new consoles were coming out i never heard anybody say they were getting a wii
Image
User avatar
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: 25 Feb 2006, 19:35
Location: I have mated with a woman inform the men

Postby xHaZxMaTx » 21 Jun 2007, 03:51

I don't like Pokemon, but I know people that do, why?
Image
User avatar
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 8940
Joined: 26 Jun 2005, 05:32
Location: Cali-for-ni-a

Postby darknight788 » 21 Jun 2007, 03:59

just making sure, are these people that do your age ?
Image
User avatar
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: 25 Feb 2006, 19:35
Location: I have mated with a woman inform the men

Postby xHaZxMaTx » 21 Jun 2007, 04:08

A little older.
Image
User avatar
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 8940
Joined: 26 Jun 2005, 05:32
Location: Cali-for-ni-a

Postby darknight788 » 21 Jun 2007, 04:27

:shock: damn i thought that stuff was for little kids , i used to like them a long time ago when i was like 6 or 7 but now its just like .... well i dont really know how to put it
Image
User avatar
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: 25 Feb 2006, 19:35
Location: I have mated with a woman inform the men

Postby Porsche-AG » 21 Jun 2007, 04:36

@ Fishwhiz: Well then you probably don't know anyone who owns a DS. I own a DS which I bought when it first came out, but I have quite a number of friends.

@ darknight: Yes, if you consider 15 - 16 year olds in the age group for pokemon. Also, you may not have heard anyone saying they were getting a Wii because they just didn't tell you. Why do you think they have been sold out worldwide since launch, unlike the PS3? And I'm not supporting pokemon because I hate it, but it just goes to show that maybe pokemon isn't just for kids, and it's a socially acceptable thing to do now adays. Maybe if you ignored your stereotypes you would see the world a little clearer.
Image
User avatar
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: 22 Jun 2006, 03:12
Location: Canada

Postby Black Fire » 21 Jun 2007, 05:18

I used to own a DS Lite - Black, but I traded it in and only got $70 for it...
Image
User avatar
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 384
Joined: 04 Dec 2006, 00:33
Location: Illinois, United States

Postby boganbusman » 21 Jun 2007, 10:45

Darknight, I don't think you realise how massive Pokemon is. Every game they bring out sells literally MILLIONS of copies.

Also, the DS is one of the biggest selling consoles known to man . . . and the DS is much better than the GBA right? Well in North America, 35 million GBAs have been sold, which makes it second only to the PS2. If the DS does better, it could easily be the most popular console ever made.

Porsche-AG wrote:The first online game coming out for the Wii will be Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Actually it's Mario Strikers, which is already out (and selling quite well) :wink:
User avatar
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: 03 Sep 2004, 12:09
Location: Mute City

Postby Koenigsegg_Rox » 21 Jun 2007, 11:16

xHaZxMaTx wrote:The Wii is targeted at all age groups.


And failing miserably with some of them.
Image
User avatar
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 02:00
Location: Mount Gambier, Australia

Postby Lan.Evo.III » 21 Jun 2007, 12:28

Actually in Japan they had Poke'mon Colosseum i think it's called was the first online game released for the Wii. And so far has only been released in Japan, I'm pretty sure.
However, in Australia and Europe it was Mario Strikers Charged. Which is a pretty good game.
Image
User avatar
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:21
Location: Good ol' franga, Aussie

Postby ImJ » 21 Jun 2007, 17:14

errm... all ps3 fans out there... if u peeps think wii is kids and borin and crap
explain this

http://nexgenwars.com/
this is world wide... ps3 in japan came out before the wii and sold so less because it is so crap and crapper and maybe crappest

in europe it came out after wii and it only sold like 500,000 because most population here either bought a wii and 360 together...

now wii just came out nearly... near the end of the year and nearly sold as more as 360 and 360 been out till 2005....

u rather buy a 360 and wii which will add up to a ps3 price and much better
Explicit signature removed.
User avatar
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 23 Oct 2005, 21:27
Location: In a House

Postby PSZeTa » 21 Jun 2007, 20:33

ImJ wrote:errm... all ps3 fans out there... if u peeps think wii is kids and borin and crap
explain this


It's funny how you didn't add ''360 fans'' in that phrase. Is it because 360 fans always love Wii? -> The Wii ACTUALLY is crappy. The majority of the games are somewhat childish and it's underpowered.

But that makes it sell so damn well. The games are fun based and you're involved in them in a different way (Wii-mote), and it's so damn cheap compared to the 360 and PS3.

ImJ wrote:http://nexgenwars.com/
this is world wide... ps3 in japan came out before the wii and sold so less because it is so crap and crapper and maybe crappest


Most expensive and still a small selection of good games are more likely to be the reason.
Image
User avatar
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: 07 Feb 2004, 19:26
Location: 30-12-1900

Postby Fishwhiz » 21 Jun 2007, 20:44

^ i agree onehundred percent with pszeta right there
Image
User avatar
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: 20 Mar 2005, 23:56
Location: Why must you know?

Postby ImJ » 21 Jun 2007, 21:12

yeh but pszeta..... if the wii is cheap like u just said... 360 is only £20 more then the wii...

wii is £180 and normally 360 core is £200.... sooo wot are u on about?

and u said small but good selection of games... pfft... most of my mates thought ps3 is good since they pre orderd it.. but when they got it.. they found it pathetic.... they sold it the next day thats how crap it is i guess? they preferd 360 then ps3 -.-....

now im not sayin ps3 is crap but its just a waste of money.... u rather buy a 360 then a cheap stupid copy ps3 -.-

oh and btw even the controllers are crap... it might be interactive but stilll... mainly u have to play with a wire then wireless and wireless is much better then wired cuz if u dont charged it without the wire then u will have to buy a new controller... basically dont even know why they made it wireless -.-...
Explicit signature removed.
User avatar
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 23 Oct 2005, 21:27
Location: In a House

Postby PSZeTa » 21 Jun 2007, 21:59

Could you just work on your phrases? They're difficult to read, especially that last wireless thing.

-Do people actually get the 360 Core? Being able to go online is very important in the 360's success, which leads to getting a Premium.
-I didn't say that all games were good. I said that a small selection was good, a small selection from all current games available for the PS3.
-The PS3 is a waste of money for what it offers you at this moment. Blu-ray makes it expensive.
-I didn't understand what you were saying with that wireless thing.
Image
User avatar
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: 07 Feb 2004, 19:26
Location: 30-12-1900

Postby Fishwhiz » 21 Jun 2007, 22:18

wtf are you talking about w/ the wireless?

you might as well say "it is just a flock of to fish for fame its person"
Image
User avatar
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: 20 Mar 2005, 23:56
Location: Why must you know?

Postby Koenigsegg_Rox » 21 Jun 2007, 23:59

ImJ wrote:yeh but pszeta..... if the wii is cheap like u just said... 360 is only £20 more then the wii...

wii is £180 and normally 360 core is £200.... sooo wot are u on about?

and u said small but good selection of games... pfft... most of my mates thought ps3 is good since they pre orderd it.. but when they got it.. they found it pathetic.... they sold it the next day thats how crap it is i guess? they preferd 360 then ps3 -.-....

now im not sayin ps3 is crap but its just a waste of money.... u rather buy a 360 then a cheap stupid copy ps3 -.-

oh and btw even the controllers are crap... it might be interactive but stilll... mainly u have to play with a wire then wireless and wireless is much better then wired cuz if u dont charged it without the wire then u will have to buy a new controller... basically dont even know why they made it wireless -.-...


Where should I start?

How much do you guys want to bet that ImJ's mates kept the PS3 then told him otherwise. I have actually got a PS3, and contrary to "popular" belief, It is f***ing fantastic!

If you say PS3 is a cheap copy of 360 (in which both words are wrong; AU$1000 for it and IT DOES NOT COPY 360 because unlike the PS3, 360 is S**T), then you are practically saying that PS3 is crap.

The wireless controllers, also according to you, aren't fully wireless. WRONG!!! Ever seen that "Charge 'n' Play" dock? You stick the controller in there, it charges, you play. That wireless enough for you?

Yes, Wii is good. Wii is good IN IT'S OWN RIGHT. The Wii wasn't supposed to target the big guns of the VG society, it was supposed to innovate the VG society. That's part of the reason it's so cheap. Couple of things to note about the Wii though:

-The Wiimote costs a heck of a lot more than both the 360 and PS3 controllers. Plus, unlike the Sixaxis for PS3, you need to chuck in one-use batteries for it. That's a little bit extra. All in all, the Wii mote would probably jump the price of the Wii over that of Core 360. And don't get me started on the attachments...

-Where are all the supposed "innovative" games? Heck, where are all the games that AREN'T PS2 and XBox titles?

I rest my case...
Image
User avatar
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 02:00
Location: Mount Gambier, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to The Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests