-- Crysis --

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: -- Crysis --

Post by YaelDjiel »

5 years is a lot of time in the computer world
you can be sure stuff will look even more amazing in that time
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

heck yeah
there will be real looking things in the game and there will be so muchmore because 5 years is alot of time
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Well Crysis still has alot of potential, even Crytek said that there is no computer out there currently that can max it out, which is why they removed Ultra high settings and other DX10 goodies that aren't in the final game. They are slowly going to be released through patches which will extend Crysis's game life. Sure people have tweaked game in the sandbox editor but we have yet to see Crysis fully maxed out.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I thought the Ultra High options were disabled because I don't have a DX10 GFX card... :|

Sick. Can't wait for the new patches. I hope there's gonna be a sequel to it. Such an awsome game. The storyline wasn't as long as Far Cry's. That kinda dissapointed me.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Stereo wrote:I thought the Ultra High options were disabled because I don't have a DX10 GFX card... :|

Sick. Can't wait for the new patches. I hope there's gonna be a sequel to it. Such an awsome game. The storyline wasn't as long as Far Cry's. That kinda dissapointed me.

................. How could you not tell form the ending there wasn't going to be a 2nd game?
More to the point Crysis is planned to be a trilogy, which is good since it wont be a reincarnation of the same day thing over 8yrs like what the Medal Of Honour series is... and the fact it has been going for 8yrs means it's lasted longer than the bloody first World War....

Anyways, still love playing this game after polishing it up.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I know I shouldn't revive an old thread but interesting enough Crysis might be on PS3
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Umm... don't be so pessimistic. This game is very forgivable. Crytek made it not EA, lol. So, on a min spec system... 6600 128mb, 1 gig RAM, 3 ghz P4... It can hit 30-35FPS on minimum, which is playable. Gameplay is great, as there is flexibility to how you can approach situations. For my 7600GT, 3.2ghz P4 and 1.25 gig RAM rig... I can push Sound to high, physics to medium, textures to medium, Res to 1024x768 and something else to medium and get a comfortable 50FPS. It's forgivable this game... but to truly experience it's greatness... it takes more than a 8800ultra, 4gig of RAM and e6850... as a friend disappointingly found.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

krazyammo wrote:I know I shouldn't revive an old thread but interesting enough Crysis might be on PS3
That has to be a suicide then. PS3 may not handle so much things....

It has to be Crysis on Medium and some settings on High....but some of them.

:roll:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Actually, I think with it's Cell and RSX which is a heavily, HEAVILY modded 7800GTX, then I think it probably can handle it at high :P
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I never said it was a entirely good thing
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Actually, I think with it's Cell and RSX which is a heavily, HEAVILY modded 7800GTX, then I think it probably can handle it at high :P
And maybe that implies a high in the prices...right? :roll:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Who here was talking about prices? :/ You said it couldn't run Crysis at high and I was implying that with that hardware that the PS3 has, it probably can.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

wouldnt you also have to include the physics too? But i seriously doubt you can play crysis on the PS3 without stutter every once and awhile.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Who here was talking about prices? :/ You said it couldn't run Crysis at high and I was implying that with that hardware that the PS3 has, it probably can.
I was poiting what you said if there's a modded version of the PS3 GFX card. That would mean high prices of the console probably....

And yeah imho it can't run Crysis decently..even MONSTER PC's are almost having less than 10 FPS with AA activated :roll:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

There is no modded version of the PS3 card. I never said that either. I said that the PS3 has a RSX which uses a modded 7800GTX as it's base. And high prices probably? It's not a probably. You already know how much a PS3 costs. Can't afford it, don't buy it, simple as that. And just to tell you, if it's upscaled high enough into lets say, I dunno, 1080p, the AA won't be much visible. Cause using this as a example, when I play F.E.A.R. in 1280, i've had the AA on and off, in that resolution, the AA difference between 2x and none is little. Very little. And I know a guy in the showroom who plays it on high with around 30 FPS. and this is without AA. So think about it, if it's at a high enough res like the PS3 can push it to, then the aliasing will be there yes, but it'll hardly be seen.

And if Crysis can't be run by "MONSTER" systems, then how did Crysis' gameplay get shown at the expo and whilst being at high settings? Explain it to me and i'll drop it. This is how I see a current "MONSTER" system as you would make it look since they supposedly don't even get 10FPS. Intel Core 2 Extreme/4GB DDR2 RAM/8800Ultra in SLi configuration. I don't think Crysis would as much of a problem as you make it look on a system like that.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

You'd be surprised at a console's power. Take the N64 emulator on PC's requirements vs the console itself. They are designed for games from the start, unlike most PCs. Also, they don't need to worry about OS and background tasks etc. that just mess everything up.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Okay im guessing everyone has answerd this but what graphics card do you think is required to play this at least on 'High'? I dont care for 'Very high' :D also do you think pentium 4 processor 3.00GHz is good enough?
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

First, A good Graphics card to run it on high in 7 Series is probaly a 7900 GTX O.C :P maybe, 8 Series a 8800 GT / GTS / GTX / Ultra or a 9600 GT will do it ^_^ and recommended CPU for this game is a Dual Core :P
Explicit signature removed.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Thank ImJ, guess ill have to look around for a graphics card now and then well later on cpu, its good that the cpu in the other computer broke down. (Im using my mums crap computer) :lol:

Although if getting a new CPU means upgrading motherboard too hey?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

not necessarily, depends on socket. Intel mostly has 775 sockets
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Is there anyway i can tell what socket i have? I do know i have a intel board, although if it requires the computer to be on then well thats not possible atm.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

you need the model, then search on the net .. no hard
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Download a program called CPU-Z and post a screenshot of the first page of that program so we can see.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Can't do that, sorry. The computer i am trying to get crysis working is broken down, so thats why im trying to find out if the board supports it, so its not gonna work. I'm using my mums computer to type etc.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

the mobo model is usually printed on it... open the case and read :D

Return to “The Games”