Test Drive Unlimited VS NFS:Carbon

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

U prefer??

Test Drive Unlimited
68%
NFS:Carbon
33%

Total votes: 40

keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

Which u prefer??
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

NFS Carbon for the world it's a lot better
redarmy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by redarmy »

Haven't played TDU...

Is TDU multiplayer only or it has singleplayer too? Because if it doesn't have SP, then NFS is definitely better :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

TDU is also for single player.

But alot of things are better in TDU.
first, the carlist is ALOT more inpressive then that of Carbon, atleast in TDU you can use ALL cars! and there are alot more of them and alot more brands.

Only things that is less about TDU is the game interface, it is pretty hard to find your way and the racing is pretty hard.

Sounds are pretty good actually.

Carbon does have some good things but I am pretty disapointed about the game so far, EA could have made the game alot better without much trouble but IMO the got either in time trouble or where just plain lazy.
The sounds in Carbon are great, just like in MW, but the DB9 sounds horrible in Carbon, and the weird thing is, it sounded heavenly in MW.... really weird.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I haven't tried any of the games yet, but given what I've heard about them, TDU sounds like a favorite... Mainly because it's massive multiplayer (or Massively Open Online Racing, as Wikipedia calls it), and NFS seems a bit stuck at the underground racing, with weird physics. And after NFS Porsche, I still wait for the next great NFS...

Still gonna get NFSC tho :)
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

I haven't tried TDU but I have hopes that it'll be a good one. Not that NFS Carbon is bad or something. It's cool. But somehow it leaves me wanting more than what it offers.
shu_0036
Drift King
Drift King

Post by shu_0036 »

TDU is a realistic game for me. I like it, exotic car without odd vinyls (simple!!).
Nice interior! & very wide map (Hawai!!). But if play offline, I will get bored...

But I prefer Carbon!! I never bored with this game!!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

This is like comparing chalk and cheese IMHO.

Carbon is just wank... sorry to the Carbon fan boys, but I've never been so diappointed with a game I spent 30-odd quid on. The DVD makes quite a good beer mat though. Relative car performances are completely unrealistic, the city is just soooooo boring and the car list is sorely lacking. It's also all set at night which gets tired very quickly. Oh, and it crashes every 3 minutes to desktop for no reason.

TDU however could be a great game - and when it's patched, I'm sure it will be - but, for me at least, it is almost unplayable online due to the fact that as soon as another player appears on my screen, the game freezes for a few seconds and when it catches up again, I have crashed off the road into a tree!

However, TDU's realism, day light racing where you can properly admire these supercars, the car selection and real-life location win it for me easily. Oh, and it's never kicked me to desktop without warning, either.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TDU all the way...
Carbon REALLY sucks, GFX is HORRIBLE in carbon, just look those HDR effects in TDU, the HUGE world!!, why choose carbon?...maybe the customization is deeper but what cares if the other stuff is like sh*it?? doesn't connect all the circle.... :roll:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

to me TDU sounds better i plan on getting the game. is there a cruise mode in TDU ? cruising around Hawaii in a exotic sounds fun. would you say the gfx are comparable to farcry on high settings ?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

darknight788 wrote:to me TDU sounds better i plan on getting the game. is there a cruise mode in TDU ? cruising around Hawaii in a exotic sounds fun. would you say the gfx are comparable to farcry on high settings ?
Yep mate, you have a "freeroam" mode in TDU. GFX are cool enough, like MW but with more "detailed" textures imo. It has REAL HDR so you can see the cool light effects (just like Far Cry -btw awesome game...awesome 8) - ) , but you need a good pc to run it. But if you have a Xbox360, go and get it...no need to have a powerful pc :lol: :wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

It actually looks better on a high end PC than a XBOX 360, X360 version seems to lack AA.

and on topic, yeah..TDU for sure, i havent touched carbon since about 4 months.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

well.....i havent played tdu, so im gonna go with nfs: carbon
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Nissan Sentra or Nissan Skyline GTR..

Dang, I'd go with the Sentra. Never driven a Skyline before.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Yeah I'd say Need for Speed Carbon
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Test Drive Unlimited :wink:

Coz in a way TDU never ends :P more content and more its way better then NFSCarbon to be honest but i do still enjoy Carbon
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

PSZeTa wrote:Nissan Sentra or Nissan Skyline GTR..

Dang, I'd go with the Sentra. Never driven a Skyline before.

took me 2 mins to get that one, but anywho,,,,,,

i think ill go with TDU. only problem is that the damn thing needs to come on PC already.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Morty wrote:I haven't tried any of the games yet, but given what I've heard about them, TDU sounds like a favorite... Mainly because it's massive multiplayer (or Massively Open Online Racing, as Wikipedia calls it), and NFS seems a bit stuck at the underground racing, with weird physics. And after NFS Porsche, I still wait for the next great NFS...

Still gonna get NFSC tho :)
Right... Forgot about this. :P

6 months later, and I've tried both, and there really isn't any competition. TDU is by far the best game, and despite all the bugs, it's better than most of the NFS games. Ok, so it wasn't massive multiplayer (unless they've fixed that in the last 3 weeks, I'm not quite up to date yet), but it's still a lot of fun. I had to start playing with an offline account, because of some profile issues, and even as a single player game, TDU rocks. Online takes it even higher. I still consider NFS Porsche as my all time favorite game, but if Atari/Eden fixes the bugs everyone has been moaning about, this could actually become my new favorite.

TDU easily beats NFSC, and I hope EA learns a lot from TDU. :)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i just got TDU for and i love but hate the phyics. they seem so real that it is hard to control your car when your going 160 + mph but that also means races are actually challenging which is also a good thing and the world is absolutely huge.Carbon vs. TDU ? there is no competition
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

darknight788 wrote:i just got TDU for and i love but hate the phyics. they seem so real that it is hard to control your car when your going 160 + mph but that also means races are actually challenging which is also a good thing and the world is absolutely huge.Carbon vs. TDU ? there is no competition
I love the physics, they remind me of NFS Porsche. It shouldn't be easy to drive cars in 300 kph, and even tho it's still a little too easy in TDU as well, I understand that it can be THAT realistic, it would take years to complete the game... I'm looking forward to the Hardcore mode, but since I spend my time cruising most of the time, reaching Champion level takes time. :P
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I reached Champion level when i had the Beta, cant believe you still havent reached it yet. :P

Hardcore mode is awesome, it feels like...Semi - Gran Turismo style, its just not that fun without a G25.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Well, I don't really race, just cruise, and since I've driven over 5000 miles, I'm not getting any points for that anymore... :P

I'm a little worried about the hardcore mode, since I don't have a wheel, I'm still on keyboard, and I think that might get a little too hard... Altho, if I manage to control a car in hardcore mode with a keyboard, I might have some skills :P
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

when im cruising i have the realism set to hypersport just because i like doing big smoky burnouts in my F430 :twisted: but if i wipe out it is kind of hard to get going again since i use a keyboard which means every time i give it gas i floor it :lol:
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I use Sport, but that's just because I keep forgetting to change it... But yeah, the flooring thing is why I'm worried about the hardcore mode... Gonna take hours to get control when I try to accelerate... :P
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Skyline_man wrote:I reached Champion level when i had the Beta, cant believe you still havent reached it yet. :P

Hardcore mode is awesome, it feels like...Semi - Gran Turismo style, its just not that fun without a G25.
It's hard to control a mercedes sl65 at high speed indeed. The other day i crashed with a tree and boooooommmm....lol! :lol: :lol:

Greetings!

Return to “The Games”