ANYBODY HAVE A PS3!!! ^_^

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

Blazing Gallardo wrote:oh i have DSL so its good ^_^ but its going to be hard to connect the cables and stuff because pc is in the living room while my ps3 is going to be in my room XD thx for the info :wink:
You should buy a linksys wireless router with speedboost. Like 70 dollars, well worth it.

http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/search.asp?s=wrt54gs

then you can have wireless internet on the PS3, like the 360(addon $100)

PS3 has this option stock, no wires needed then. just go into setting - network - in there you find the setup enter your router key (password) and the PS3 will configure.

I do like the 360 wireless setup better though, a little faster to setup.

PS3 takes a a bit longer to setup but the end resault is the same.

now you can use a usb mouse & keyboard :)

Maybe you knew this already, if not hope it was helpfull.

The other thing I liked about 360 is that you can que many demo games for download, Plus play games when your demo's are downloading.

The PS3 only one at a time and you can't exit the menu and play a game when it is downloading. I'm sure they will update the software so it is more like the 360, play games when downloading. and que up more then one download at a time.
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

cool ill do that better ill buy the wireless router and i can use it for my psp to connect wirelessly and my ps3(when i get one). Thx people now im ready when i get my ps3 i will know what to do. :wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Last 2 offtopic posts deleted.

Tuners Rock & S2000_Skyline12, you just got some warning points for keeping going offtopic, you better watch out.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

I would get a PS3 if it wasn't 600. I heared they have free online play tho.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

you should see my classifieds man. at least 10 are in there from 950 to 2100 bucks.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

On topic:I don't have a PS3, I just go nextdoor to my friends house and use his.

Blazing Gallardo wrote:cool ill do that better ill buy the wireless router and i can use it for my psp to connect wirelessly and my ps3(when i get one). Thx people now im ready when i get my ps3 i will know what to do. :wink:
Offtopic: Make sure you set up the security for your router, if not then your neighbors could find out you have wireless and connect to yours instead of their own internet and have it for free.
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

yeah i know lol thx.

online is free in the ps3 so was the online service for the ps2. so its worth it man anyway the ps3 should had cost like 3 times more. it has a blu ray drive which is good because the blu ray player cost like 1000 O_O and it has like all the latest technology in it.

so really the price is kinda of cheap O.o its cheaper than the first atari system they say it cost like 900 when it first released. lol so much for that :lol: :lol:
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

YDL 5.0 For PS3

Post by GodSpeed »

Helped My Friend Install YDL 5.0 (Yellow Dog Linux 5.0) on his PS3 this weekend.

The only down fall of YDL 5.0 is it doesn't support WIFI yet. So for internet you have to still use a network cable for internet, no wireless yet.

A nice option is if you are root you can choose to reboot right back to the ps3 dash.
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Re: YDL 5.0 For PS3

GodSpeed wrote:Helped My Friend Install YDL 5.0 (Yellow Dog Linux 5.0) on his PS3 this weekend.

The only down fall of YDL 5.0 is it doesn't support WIFI yet. So for internet you have to still use a network cable for internet, no wireless yet.

A nice option is if you are root you can choose to reboot right back to the ps3 dash.
how much does the linux cost? ill get one if its cheap lol :lol:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Are'nt Linuxes free (Just asking)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

hey people who have a ps3 how good are they? i want to get one off of ebay and i found one that is 60gb for a starting bid of 100 dollars, and it ends in about 20 hours from now, are ps3s worth it? ive played some games on ps3, and they are flippin' awesome.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Fishwhiz wrote:hey people who have a ps3 how good are they?
Fishwhiz wrote:ive played some games on ps3, and they are flippin' awesome.
You just answered your own question :|
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hell No! i aint getting one ever!

though if i had one i would turn it into a Barbeque :D

Also

Don't forget a bigger HDD is coming soon for the Xbox 360 :P
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

^^ HDD isn't everything. And you kinda sound like a 360 fanboy
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Really the PS3 is too unaffordable so thats why I think the 360s/Wii are selling more. I was also thinking about something

Wii-Fun/Casual gamers
PS3-Regular gamers
360-Hardcore gamers

I think the 360 is probably number one in sales following the Wii and then PS3, and when Halo 3 comes out I think theres gonna be a huge sales price for the sales and subscriptions for the 360 and Xbox Live and plus...360 has a nice lineup of current games out right now...GoW, PGR3,Lost Planet, Quake 4, the list can go on

(I know so don't try and tell me I just sounded like a Xbox Fanboy because cause I know thats what it sounds like but i'm not.)
Last edited by S2000_Skyline12 on 31 Jan 2007, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

The Wii is more for earlier age games like Mario. I haven't seen too many shooting games for nintendo these days.

The PS3 is real similar to the PS2...

X360 is... FUN. Lots of shooting games and still the good feel of the XBOX controller. :)
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

This is how I think of it:

wii fun for everybody, most innovative
ps3 for Regular and hardcore gamers alike
360 for fanboys or for people who were to imapient to wait for the ps3 or didn't have enough money
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Darth Meatloaf wrote:This is how I think of it:

wii fun for everybody, most innovative
ps3 for Regular and hardcore gamers alike
360 for fanboys or for people who were to imapient to wait for the ps3 or didn't have enough money
o.O huh?

Uhh I think people rather get a 360 than a PS3 just based on the better shooters and online service (Yes I know the point that it has to be paid for but it somewhat is worth it with all the services and features you get with it)it has and how it's completely different from the Xbox, unlike the PS3 which is just a PS2 on uber steroids. And the GTA series is leaving the Sony platform and going to the 360 (GTA4) so there goes a big block of sales. And plus I don't think 3/4 people would pay $500/600 dollars for something that produces the same looking GFX that you can get for only $300/400 (Unless those 3 were people who were nitpicks with the GFX and needed the graphics or had that much money to spare. But then again this is just my opinion.
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

First of all, the ps3 is not a ps2 on steroids. It is totally different for the ps2.
I don't want to go into full detail but just visit this site and you will see what I mean
http://www.playb3yond.com
Secondly the GTA series IS staying with the platform just check out IGN.

and lastly the 360 is just an XBOX on about 1/2 the amount of steroids needed to even become a next gen console
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Ok. PS3's controller uses simalar technology to the Wii, the menu looks like the PSP and about the GTA...I was told it was gonna be exclusively for the 360 but that was a while back and I wasn't checking up on the game lately so hey if I was wrong about the GTA, my opinion still stands about the 360 being better than PS3
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

okay fine, but I didn't want you to hate the ps3 for no reason
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

No it's just that the 360 looks so much better to me because it's a bit more attainable than the PS3 with it's high price and at the 300 price of the 360, I can play great games like the ones I listed before and it has some features like the connectivity with media center that I like, It's just me.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Don't really know what to say but.... if the Xbox 360 was complete why're they doing a revision of the console with a slightly better processor, HDMI, and a bigger HDD?

To me it sounds like they're playing catch up with Sony..... but it doesn't really bother me, at least when all that stuff is added into the Oz 360's available down here I'll finally buy one.
Sort of glad I couldn't afford to get one last year, because now I will be getting a 'finished' product not rushed out just to grab some quick bucks and later upgraded (reminds me a bit of Window :P).

Meh, don't really care, Gears of War was enough for me to warrant getting one, so I'll just have to wait until I can buy it... but first will come that nice Samsung TV I've wanted for a while, then consoles later.

Of course I'll be getting the PS3 (close enough to a playstation fan), Resistance: Fall Of Man looks fricken sweet (as does all the other 12 titles I already plan on getting for it)!

Return to “The Games”