Quake 5

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Quake 5

Post by xturbo »

Yeah, I read something VERY interesting guys....

"Quake 5 is different and innovative, and is a breath of fresh air for the series!

A lot of time has passed since we last visited the universe of Quake. The previous game in the series was the classic Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, from way back in 2006. id Software and Raven have been silent since then, developing a new Quake game in secret. Anticipation has been high and all sorts of rumours have circulated. id Software has turned on the heat and finally released a demo before the release of the full game.

After months of hearing “when it’s done” it looks like it’s finally ready. Now, as 2009 draws to a close, Quake 5 is here at last. So was it worth the wait? Without a doubt, yes. Quake 5 is superb – it is thrilling, frightening, gripping, visually stunning, and imaginative. It might be premature to describe the game as an instant classic, but Quake 5 seems that way. It is an example of a truly successful sequel, and it is everything that Doom 5 wasn’t. Fans won’t be disappointed.

Quake 5 draws upon the storyline of the preceding games, once again focusing on the Strogg. Matthew Kane, the central character of Quake 4, also returns. The new game picks up on the ending of Quake 4, as Kane is mysteriously told that he has “new orders”. In Quake 5’s introduction, Kane meets with his superiors, who inform him that there is a new Makron, and that the evil Strogg are regrouping. The human race is in danger once again. Kane is told that “special action” will need to be taken

It emerges that the Government has been working on a new top-secret special project. They have created a “Timegate” , a portal that allows people to move backwards and forwards in time. The portal is experimental and highly dangerous. Every person who has used it so far has died. Kane’s superiors believe that Kane, with his part-Strogg physiology, will survive the journey through it. They then tell him his new mission.

Kane has to travel back in time, to the origins of the Strogg species. He has to go back to an earlier time on Stroggos and prevent the Strogg from being created in the first place. Quake 5 deals with the Strogg’s origins and pitches you against the ancient race that created them, a civilisation known as the Elders. The action takes place in the past, as you navigate an ancient world and try to stop the Elders from developing the Strogg. The Elders are aliens and are as evil as their cyborg creation.

Quake 5 literally takes place in another world. You may have seen Stroggos before, but not like this. This earlier version of Stroggos is genuinely strange, unsettling and otherworldly. It is the home of the Elders and is a civilised place, containing their cities and technology. It is filled with citadels and many enclosed areas, all of which feature old alien architecture and designs. There are sinister hive structures where the Elders reside, and primitive laboratories where they are developing prototypes of the Strogg. The look of the game is striking and very different to what has come before.

The world of Quake 5 contains a variety of creatures. The Elders are grey humanoid aliens, and are hostile to the visitor amongst them. They screech at you as you attack them. The Elders have leaders called “kings”, who are the bosses of the game. They have god-like powers and are very difficult to defeat. There are alien monsters roaming around, like giant birds and apes. There are also ghost-like creatures called “athletes” who move at superhuman speed and try to annihilate you.

The game offers plenty of opportunities for mayhem and there are many aliens for you to fight. You can attack them with your weapons from present-day Earth, or you can seize their weapons and use them against them. The alien weapons are unique, and include things like lasers, guns that shoot bombs through the air, electric chains that paralyse anyone they touch, and pistols that shoot acid at your opponents. The action is varied and doesn’t take long to spiral out of control, in a good way, of course.

The single player mode is one long, straightforward mission to complete. The objective of the game is to destroy all of the Elders’ laboratories and every prototype of the Strogg that you can find. There is also a multiplayer option, a special death match in the new Stroggos environment. It is fast-paced and exciting, with traditional free for all, duel and team play options available. Capture the flag mode is expected to be included with a new mission pack being developed by Frozen Sand. "

ARE YOU getting this?? Me: YESS!!!!!!!!!!

Xturbo.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ooooooooo :D sweet ! i'll be getting this, already beat quake 4. and now with my new comp i can play Q4 at ultra settings :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

darknight788 wrote:..and now with my new comp i can play Q4 at ultra settings :D
i know that mate ;)

Xturbo. 8)
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Where did you find this?

'Now, as 2009 draws to a close, Quake 5 is here at last.'
'and it is everything that Doom 5 wasn’t.'

Ummm...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I tried to search for q5 on google and found nothing except that article... hmm i question the authenticity of this article..
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

idk, lots of players are too close to id software indeed....

Return to “The Games”