Gran Turismo 5

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by TheStig »

It is looking good, but then they should have by now.... it's been what? 5 years?
If I get more details I might actually buy a PS3 in November, with GT5. just wait and see, I do hope you get some tuning/upgrade options, because GT4 really lacked in that department, even painting wasn't a option on second hand cars.

But overall it does look stunning!

BTW did anyone notice that the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP LMS cars have different decals than in real life, not all sponsors are the same.... the real car has a XBOX 360 sponsor logo on it where the one in GT5 has a Playstation on it.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

TheStig wrote:It is looking good, but then they should have by now.... it's been what? 5 years?
If I get more details I might actually buy a PS3 in November, with GT5. just wait and see, I do hope you get some tuning/upgrade options, because GT4 really lacked in that department, even painting wasn't a option on second hand cars.

But overall it does look stunning!

BTW did anyone notice that the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP LMS cars have different decals than in real life, not all sponsors are the same.... the real car has a XBOX 360 sponsor logo on it where the one in GT5 has a Playstation on it.
I actually like the ability of not being able to respray cars :lol:. Winning an Aston DB9 in a special gold colour (which cannot be purchased) keeps the prize unique. The special car colours have been around since GT1, and I've grown to love it.
If it does lack the painting option, GT5 will have more than enough other features to make up for it.

This year at Le mans, the '10 Peugeot LM car is actually sponsored by Playstation and Gran Turismo 5. So the livery you see in the videos is the exact same livery used in real life.

linky:
http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-gets-speci ... vertising/

Edit: A bunch of awesome news:

I cannot wait to drive Webbers RB4, in my signature. :P
More GT5 Details: High/Low Beams, Dynamic Crowds, No BBQ Smell
Gran Turismo 5 June 17th, 2010 by Jordan
EuroGamer was first to share new details that emerged from the private GT5 presentation Yamauchi hosted at E3 on Wednesday, and now we’ve got even more information from MotorTrend, Kotaku, IGN, and GameSpot. Now, in addition to the new details I’ve already covered, here’s what we know:

- Polyphony Digital is working on reducing load times and is still tweaking graphics ahead of the November release date.

- The game has nearly filled all of the space available on Blu-Ray disc.

- You’ll have the option to synchronize the game’s time of day with the track’s current local time.

- The crowds will be dynamic, so there will be more tents, cars, and motorhomes at longer races.

- Yamauchi admits his team may have “actually gone too far in modeling some of this detail” and suggested it might be “more suited to the next generation of PlayStation.”

- Both high and low-beam headlights will be included, so you can flash slower cars as you’re about to pass them (how awesome will this be during the 24 hour races!?!). All lights will illuminate dirt, smoke, or other debris in the air.

- NASCAR insisted that all of their series’ cars be playable on all circuits in the game.

- It was previously mentioned that only 9 NASCAR cars will be included, but this was incorrect. There are simply 9 cars in the E3 2010 demo, but “many more” are coming.

- With the exception of profanity, all of the Nurburgring’s graffiti has been re-created, just as it is in real life. According to Kotaku, they will attempt to keep the graffiti up-to-date before the game is shipped.

- Players will be able to maintain an online profile to share and watch friend’s progress and statistics.

- All cars (including standard models) will accumulate dirt and will have functional horns.

- All cars will have functioning reverse lights.

- More information will be revealed at Gamescom in Germany on August 18-22.

- More Formula 1 teams will bring their cars to the game, in addition to Ferrari.

- “While racing the 24 hours of Nurburgring, you can smell people’s barbecues — we couldn’t recreate that.” — Kazunori Yamauchi

- Unfortunately, despite all of these details, there is still much confusion regarding the status of interior views on the 800+ “standard” car models in the game. Kotaku provides the most optimistic description:

- The developers have created fully modeled interiors for the Premium cars, as well as doing detailed modeling for the car’s undercarriage and even the exhaust pipes! The Standard cars apparently won’t have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo’s interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang’s will look like exactly like Mustang’s.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It does sound interesting especially the attention to detail, working horns and highbeams, I like that part.
I don't get the who interior part, the whole Enzo/Mustang comparison.... now what is the difference exactly?

I have grown to love the whole painting/vinyling system in the Forza series to make the cars your own, from creating racing replicas to making your own racelivery or what ever you feel like. I created a replica of my work car with the decals on it, just for fun.
And I think for a game that lets you do so much it is basicly a needed option, personalisation, I had GT4 for a while and the reason it became boring pretty soon was the fact that I couldn't really personalise my cars, not to mention it seriously lacked good exotic carbrands, they did fix the last part luckely, but even the huge carlist got boring, mainly because they managed to add so many useless car where they could have added better versions I mean BMW.... great some nice german sportscar, what do they give us? a BMW 1 series diesel... why do I want that?

But back on GT5 it does look promising, hope it does work smooth and isn't slowed down by all the details etc.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

In the latest interview through Twitter, KY mentioned that there will be customization in GT5… more in-depth than GT4, too. So you could be in luck.
I understand why they would add useless cars such as the 1 Series diesel (for people who want to drive their own real life car), but yeah… I don’t understand why they would add that instead of a 6 Series, or 8 Series.

A bit of bad news, anyhow; The 800 standard cars will just be upscaled versions of cars from GT4, and will not include interior view. The windows will be blacked out.

The 200 premium cars are the ones we have seen in pretty much every GT5 preview to date, which will have full deformation of body panels, etc.

Still, I’m not too disappointed about this news, since I was kinda expecting it. 200 cars is still more than the 180 from GT3… and that was more than enough to keep me busy.
Also, this news confirms that I can drive both my real life Celicas in GT5, by transferring from GTPSP. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Ok well lets just wait and see...

I do understand the fact that people want to have their own cars in the game, I did like the fact that I could race a 1st gen Yaris because that was one of the first cars I driven in real life.
But to stay with the example of the BMW 1 series diesel, I didn't mind it being there, if they included a 1 series then why not the 130 or any other version that at that time was the fastest version. not to mention a higher end BMW M series or so.

But overall I'll just wait and see what the game bring in the next few months.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Track Creating/Sharing, Go-Karting, and Weather system

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... confirmed/

Someone at Sony decided to post unannounced information from Polyphony about some massive features of the game. While the information is probably true... I'm not sure if Kazunori was planning to add them into the full game. Now PD is under a bit of pressure.

I'm glad there is a mention of Karting though :mrgreen: . I'll be able to practice in my CRG Leopard from home!
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

When I contacted PD for an official statement they sent a rather generic reply back, but with info tucked away inside.

200 of the ‘Premium’ cars will have extremely detailed interiors, down to the last bolt. Whilst the ‘Standard’ cars will all have interiors. This may mean that it is a somewhat un-detailed or that it is not totally real life. But it will have what PD are calling Generic Interiors. They are assuring me that it is still going to be a phenomenally looking experience, in standard or in premium vehicles. The 800 standard cars are going to be remodelled of the existing Gt4 models, but will be using the texture and physics that the other cars use. What this means is that the car models are being copied but the actual cars, are not just being copied and pasted. They are still being modelled accurately, but just not from scratch. This is the direct quote from the email reply:

“Standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars. The existing cars are not just being copied; they are all being generated properly to create authentic experiences from car to car.”

This is good news as I was beginning to worry, that the cars would not look as good as they could, but this is really reassuring. With the recent news of the Weather conditions, Go-Karts (anyone else confused by this) and the inclusion of a track editor, Gran Turismo 5 is looking mighty good. It will release on November 2nd in NA, and (hopefully) in the rest of the world sometime close to that.

This post was copied from the PS boards
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

jacoja06 wrote:In the latest interview through Twitter, KY mentioned that there will be customization in GT5… more in-depth than GT4, too. So you could be in luck.
I understand why they would add useless cars such as the 1 Series diesel (for people who want to drive their own real life car), but yeah… I don’t understand why they would add that instead of a 6 Series, or 8 Series.

A bit of bad news, anyhow; The 800 standard cars will just be upscaled versions of cars from GT4, and will not include interior view. The windows will be blacked out.

The 200 premium cars are the ones we have seen in pretty much every GT5 preview to date, which will have full deformation of body panels, etc.

Still, I’m not too disappointed about this news, since I was kinda expecting it. 200 cars is still more than the 180 from GT3… and that was more than enough to keep me busy.
Also, this news confirms that I can drive both my real life Celicas in GT5, by transferring from GTPSP. :)
where did u find that pic?
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Zotic+ wrote:where did u find that pic?
i jus got it from da gtp news sctn

:P
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

jacoja06 wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:where did u find that pic?
i jus got it from da gtp news sctn

:P
did u c the other post i put above? also could i have a link for that pic, i wanna analyze it
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I missed that first post. Please use the EDIT button instead of double posting! :wink: You should know that by now.

As for the first post... I find it really interesting. IMO, the interior view for the standard cars might just be a dashboard view as first shown in the old Vision GT video. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The picture for you:
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads ... amage.jpeg

And crash video:
http://www.gtplanet.net/new-gt5-video-v ... cing-more/
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Is it true that not all cars will have a cockpit view in GT5? If so then that sucks! I heard rumors way back that most of the cars would be recycled from GT4 so those would not be as detailed as the new additions.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

GINIX_2007 wrote:Is it true that not all cars will have a cockpit view in GT5? If so then that sucks! I heard rumors way back that most of the cars would be recycled from GT4 so those would not be as detailed as the new additions.
the cars that were in GT4 are all gone, PD remade all the cars from scratch

oh and thanks jacoja
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

*800 of the cars are straight from GT4, so yeah... they will be nowhere near the detail of the new cars, and they won't have any type of interior view. They have been slightly better rendered, and they don't look all that bad with more accurate reflections and lighting.

200 car interiors is plenty, IMO. In this day and age we have never seen so many interiors in a game of such amazing detail.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

jacoja06 wrote:*800 of the cars are straight from GT4, so yeah... they will be nowhere near the detail of the new cars, and they won't have any type of interior view. They have been slightly better rendered, and they don't look all that bad with more accurate reflections and lighting.

200 car interiors is plenty, IMO. In this day and age we have never seen so many interiors in a game of such amazing detail.
im confused with the standard int. view, will there b? just not as detailed?
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Zotic+ wrote:
jacoja06 wrote:*800 of the cars are straight from GT4, so yeah... they will be nowhere near the detail of the new cars, and they won't have any type of interior view. They have been slightly better rendered, and they don't look all that bad with more accurate reflections and lighting.

im confused with the standard int. view, will there b? just not as detailed?
Yeah, no interior view at all.

a) The windows are completely blacked-out
b) The cars are straight from GT4... which didn't have interiors.
c) Quoted from the official Gran Turismo site;
*Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

with all due respect but a 2010 game with black out windows is just a HUGE no no.
you just can't show that to the public, man NFS 4 even had clear windows, and that was over 10 years ago.

Sure it's 800 orso cars, but still.....
I really do hope you're wrong about that... because I don't mind the lack of interiorviews but blacked out windows one 4/5th of the cars in a no no for me.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Completely blacked out would even be a step back compared to GT4. Even that game had ''some'' interior.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Well, the windows will be slighty transparent, like in GT3 and GT4. You'll be able to see the drivers shadow, the rollcage, and the windows on the other side. But obviously not the dash and interior textures.

@Stig; While I do feel the same way, I still have to remind myself that there are 200+ cars in the game which have been modelled down to the bolt. And when I'm driving in an endurance race, watching the sun set over the beautiful landscape whilst trying to hold back a Ferrari 330 P3 right up my backside... I simply wont care about the tinted windows problem :).

But yeah... they do look stupid. Try searching for the GT5 'standard cars' video to get an idea of how they look in the game.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8v7hjaSr6c eh i can deal with it, well we have GT6 to hope for 100% int views on all cars, i just wanna drift, and the int. view is sorta tricky to drift with
Instagram @SupraHKS
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I hate the fact that there are 200 "Premium" cars and 700 Standard(GT4 recycled) cars in the game! I would have felt better if there were only 200 well detailed cars! This just makes the game feel unfinished! Whats it gonna look like driving those super high detailed cars next to these lower quality models in this trailer?Really Poly? Really? Is this what we waited 7 years for!?

Also I hear that it takes 6 months to make 1 premium car! I mean really? That time could have been spent on making a better overall experience!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Same here..

I would have rather seen them make all cars fairly high detailed, and not some SUPER HIGH DETAIL and others.... meh.... a bit of polish on the GT4 PS2 models will do.

I really wonder what cars are the premium ones, probably all the Ferrari's and Lamborghinis and such high end cars together with all the new Japanese sportscars that came out the last few years.

I do like that they added loads of details to the tracks, but I think that the cars are the MOST important thing in a car racing game, not the beautiful sunset, or the high detailed crowd where you can see someone's facial hair grow in a endurance race.

What good is all that when the cars look... meh... ok.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Agreed!

PD dropped the ball this time. Well maybe its still to early to judge but I got burned on GT PSP already so not gonna let it happen twice.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

this is what Kaz means when he says that each GT game has something that couildve been done better, or something isnt perfect
Instagram @SupraHKS
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Zotic+ wrote:this is what Kaz means when he says that each GT game has something that couildve been done better, or something isnt perfect
So why do they keep biting off more than they can chew?

Return to “The Games”