XNA racers on Xbox360

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

XNA racers on Xbox360

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Channel 9 wrote:In Part One of this series, Boyd Multerer told us all about XNA.

Now, in Part Two, Frank Savage shows it all to us.

Frank will talk about XNA from his perspective, deploy an XNA project to an Xbox 360, modify the application, and also give a debugging demonstration.

All of this is done at 1080p, showing off both the 360's recently acquired ability to support this resolution, as well as the power of XNA. It's really quite amazing: High frame rates at 1080p under managed code using only a single core of the three available.

I think it's reasonable to say that XNA is going to change the way people do homebrew games.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of crazy stuff people dream up with these tools.

In addition to the nifty XNA bits, Frank and I also chitted and chatted about the good old days of gaming - he worked on Wing Commander III (one of my favorites in the series), as well as other games that I loved in my childhood.

Never thought I'd get to meet one of the people who worked on Wing Commander, so, for me, it was a thoroughly enjoyable geeky event
Here's the link for the video

[url]mms://wm.microsoft.com/ms/evnet/RB_SavageXNA_s_ch9.wmv[/url]

If you watch the vid and see the game "XNA Racer" which is made by people using C# coding. IMO I think this game could compete with NFS (And actully looks a lot better) and it's sad that even gaming fans can make better games than a major company like EA...
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “The Games”