Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The truth is, the full game is way better than the demo, so my first impressions of the game got blown right out of the water. Absolutely wicked game, and come to think of it the drift physics (while extremely unrealistic) aren't all that bad once you get used to it.
-2fast4Ux2-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -2fast4Ux2- »

cool this game looks sweet!
i think i might buy it with my christmas money...
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

saw the PC box in a store just now :shock:
shame i didnt have the 45eur T_T
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

so it's out for Europe. Cool
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've been playing the demo for a while now and so far I'd say I'm interested. I don't mind that the drift tracks remind of something from Wipeout, or that it is completely unrealistic, as it doesn't pretend to be a sim.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

installing game atm, will post opinions later
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I will so badly lawl if they have the Xbox 360 buttons still... No offense Pc users.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

race_invader wrote:I will so badly lawl if they have the Xbox 360 buttons still... No offense Pc users.
oh shutup =D .. we can have nfs hidden cars 8)
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

damn..... :-k Actually i can unlock those cars but that discussion isn't allowed on the forum.. i don't think.. :lol:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

race_invader wrote:I will so badly lawl if they have the Xbox 360 buttons still... No offense Pc users.
start lawling :<
--

opinions so far..
i'll start with the bad stuff..

xbox lameness all over, once you're in the menu... its like you're on xbox, see ^
still no support for any controller except lamebox 360 one, wtf is wrong with them?
the vinyls are still bugged/crappy looking, shadows are glitchy at times
and it has crashed on me once (actually just now, thats why im writing this)
the rev gauges are still lame and wrong (6.5k limit for every car? riiiight. it is displayed right on the interior cam though)
the engine sounds are still mediocre, worst sounding R34 ive ever heard

WTF WAS THE HUGE DELAY FOR FFS!!! its bull!

there seems to be nothing different and im especially pissed at the fact i cannot use my perfectly fine rumblepad (not everyone has/wants a lamebox 360 controller.. :roll: ) and keyboard driving = fail

anyway, apart from the vinyls and the sometimes glitchy looking shadows, the game has pretty nice gfx.. the modeling is good, much much better than the first juiced

ignoring the really unreal physics, the driving is pretty good and drifting is fun
not really far into the game yet, will see what happens..

EDIT: the plates are also still wrong, UK and DE have white plates :roll: and where are NL and JP plates :(
also quite dissapointed i cannot paint the rims
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

:lol: :lol: Sorry just have to i said i would so.... Hmm.. That sucks big time, i wont be getting it even for modding since it sounds like crap.
Dr-CiviC
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Dr-CiviC »

Hmm im not sure if i should bother getting this?
not in the paying way anyway
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

I played the demo on x360 and yes, this game sucks. That's all I can say.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

z0mg, got my hands on this stupid game and it owns O_O
big improvement from Juiced 1 which sucked so much a s s =D

EDIT >>> The thing i wrote above is past when i saw reviews lawl, just installed the game and played it and i must say it sucks more then JUICED 1 LOL, the handling is so gaay on the pc version and so is the gfx, i mean i put it all on high and it don't even look no way near as better as the 360 version and the handling is so much crappier compare to the 360 version
Explicit signature removed.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Sucks to be you!!

:)

Oh well, I'll just be kicking @$$ in my Koenigsegg. On PS3. Which has no problems whatsoever. Computers are overrated, apart from posting on here of course.

Well, after buying Pro Street, I can DEFINITELY say there is no direct comparison between it and Juiced 2. They're two totally different games. Their only similarities are closed circuit tracks and the online which according to some reviewers share characteristics with each other.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Wow! Juiced games realy messed up this time! This game could not run on my 9600 XT so I got a X800 GTo from a friend to see if it would work. Well it starts I hear the intro and all that but there is no picture :shock: all i see is a blank screen WTF? I understand that tis game needs SM 3 to run but cmon the X800 is a very capable card! I am running vista Ultimate btw, anyone else with this problem?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Well, it does have it's flaws, but if you have a X360 wired controller like I do then you don't have much of a problem 8)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

GINIX_2007 wrote:Wow! Juiced games realy messed up this time! This game could not run on my 9600 XT so I got a X800 GTo from a friend to see if it would work. Well it starts I hear the intro and all that but there is no picture :shock: all i see is a blank screen WTF? I understand that tis game needs SM 3 to run but cmon the X800 is a very capable card! I am running vista Ultimate btw, anyone else with this problem?
capable card or not, it does not have SM3
X1300 and up have it
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've been playing it for over an hour now and have to say that I'm impressed. Graphically it's fine, and although there are small glitches as mentioned I haven't found them to be a serious problem. The handling is more towards the arcade side of the spectrum, but I prefer it that way so I don't have a problem. The different modes I've played so far all seem fun, despite being pretty basic and the cars are well detailed.

Overall I prefer this to ProStreet. It's probably because the cars feel better (or to me at least) to drive. Also I hated the stupidly small tracks that you would have to race in PS despite having a nice fast car. Here there's always a nice long straight to blaze down. Finally I like being able to create my own character. The options are limited but it's one of the little things I like.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

MrEff wrote:I've been playing it for over an hour now and have to say that I'm impressed. Graphically it's fine, and although there are small glitches as mentioned I haven't found them to be a serious problem. The handling is more towards the arcade side of the spectrum, but I prefer it that way so I don't have a problem. The different modes I've played so far all seem fun, despite being pretty basic and the cars are well detailed.
Yes, the graphics look fairly nice, but they are pretty crap when compared to the cars on ProStreet and even PS2 games released 2-3 years ago... In ProStreet the reflections aren't pixelated, there aren't as many reflections for that matter, and the majority of cars don't look like plastic. Still, Juiced 2 is pretty addictive, and it has better modifications and more licensed brands than PS.
MrEff wrote:Overall I prefer this to ProStreet. It's probably because the cars feel better (or to me at least) to drive. Also I hated the stupidly small tracks that you would have to race in PS despite having a nice fast car. Here there's always a nice long straight to blaze down. Finally I like being able to create my own character. The options are limited but it's one of the little things I like.
Now this is where it starts to get a little incorrect. One of the problems with Juiced 2 is that while it is centered more on arcade, you really don't get that sense of speed that you do from PS, especially on the Nevada Highway Top Speed Run where there's that massive leap of faith before the first checkpoint. And Sears Point Raceway is right on the money for me, nearly on par with Gran Turismo 4 for realism, although for the tight corners they could have made it a bit wider. The tight technical circuits are specifically why they are called GRIP races. However, there are a fair few circuits with nice long straights, especially the Tokyo Docklands tracks and a couple of Willow Springs tracks where you can really open it up.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

OK YaelDjiel it seems I have the same graphical bug as u. I now have a X1950Pro and my decals suck! The strange thing is this card worked like a charm in my friend's PC(Perfect Graphics). Not to mention I have to use my keyboard my XBox 360 controller does not work with the game :(
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

hmm that means its not a nvidia issue :/
wtf did they do with the game :|
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

One things that is still perplexing is how exactly the car speed and handling stats are portrayed. While the powerband things looks like a good idea, they could have given us somthing more detailed.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

they could have.. but why bother when all cars (in a certain league) pretty much perform the same anyway

pwning muscles and rotaries with a crx FTW! XD
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

GINIX_2007 wrote:OK YaelDjiel it seems I have the same graphical bug as u. I now have a X1950Pro and my decals suck! The strange thing is this card worked like a charm in my friend's PC(Perfect Graphics). Not to mention I have to use my keyboard my XBox 360 controller does not work with the game :(

Uh...my X360 controller works just fine :?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “The Games”