Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by t3ice »

NO ANTI-ALIASING ....

On the bright side.. the shadows even at lowest setting look better then UC.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

cant you hardware accelerate the AA?
korge
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Here you go guys.. my first few screenies

Image Image Image

EDIT @ korge..idk the game is very unstable already, and is a resource hog. But it runs at a pretty decent fps. ;)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Moar!!

Image Image Image
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

t3ice wrote:Moar!!

Image Image Image
That doesnt look so bad, your settings & framerate ?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Hmm..weird. This is what the screenshot looks like when i pasted it in ps

Theres alot of things missing :-k Anyhu.. this is what im running at.

Video Mode : 1680 x 1050
--
--
--
View Distance : 50/100 ~ this gives me some idiotic warning and tbh this is fine
Detail Distance : 100/100
Vehicle Density : 100/100
Shadow Density : 100/100

At these settings i get max 36fps, and mininum 25-27fps. I could reduce a couple of options AND use SLi but for now its quite playable. :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

t3ice wrote:At these settings i get max 36fps, and mininum 25-27fps. I could reduce a couple of options AND use SLi but for now its quite playable. :D
SCREW THAT...MINIMUM FPS I GET IS 11..YES 11 FACKING FPS !!!@@!#@!!! ](*,)
Last edited by t3ice on 06 Dec 2008, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

lol, wait for a patch? :lol:
korge
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

And this is exactly why I got it for my PS3. No need to worry about having a shiznit PC and not being able to play well.

Not bashing on the PC users of this game. Just saying that you need one hell of a GFX card to play this nicely.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Yeah, Exclusive console games ported to pc always suck.

GTA4 and Gears of War are just a few examples...

But hey, we always had HL2 and Crysis so booyah. 8) :lol:
korge
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I'm gonna have to wait to play this unfortunately. No chance in h... (you know the place) that I'll be able to run it on my computer the way it is now. But I'm gonna upgrade it in a few months, buy more RAM, and new CPU and a new GFX, and then go all nuts in Liberty City. But I have one question:

I'm running on Windows XP - Service Pack 2. I've seen that the minimum needed is either XP SP3 or Vista. The only thing that can make me install SP3 is a format of my OS drive (SP2 made programs stop working when it came, and I fear SP3 will do the same), and I don't feel like formatting it. Too much work to install everything again. So what I'm wondering is this: Doesn't the game run on XP SP2, and if not, you think there will be a patch or something that will make it run?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

You should ask about this at gtaforums.com Morty. :)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I should, but I asked here. :P

Can't afford an upgrade yet anyway tho, so no rush. :)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Lol morty, the game is very buggy right now, so patch should be available soon.

About upgrading your PC to run the game - Dont. Its not worth. Even with my high specs, the game runs very laggy. If you've already played it on a console, then dont give this one much attention.

About the sp2 or sp3 thing. Im running it on XP 64bit SP2, so im sure it'll workout with you too.. ;)

Apartfrom that, the game is awesome. There is a lot of attention to detail in terms of graphics, which is entertaining yet is the cause for the huge lag problem.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

t3ice wrote:Lol morty, the game is very buggy right now, so patch should be available soon.

About upgrading your PC to run the game - Dont. Its not worth. Even with my high specs, the game runs very laggy. If you've already played it on a console, then dont give this one much attention.

About the sp2 or sp3 thing. Im running it on XP 64bit SP2, so im sure it'll workout with you too.. ;)

Apartfrom that, the game is awesome. There is a lot of attention to detail in terms of graphics, which is entertaining yet is the cause for the huge lag problem.
I know there will be a patch, it's a PC game, they always get patches. :P

You obviously don't know me very well, but I have never even considered to play GTA on a console. I tried GTA3 on a PS2, and I thought it was horrible. I play games on PC ONLY, so is it worth upgrading my PC for this game? Yes. Did I upgrade my PC for GTA San Andreas? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes. :)

I'm running XP 32bit, you still think SP2 will be enough?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

korge wrote:Yeah, Exclusive console games ported to pc always suck.

Despite all the reported problems with GoW, it played really nicely on my computer without any problems, well except at first where it would crash in the first level but then they released a patch and everything was good.

But wow, and I thought NFS: UC was unoptimized. Why are developers getting so lazy these days?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/936/936304p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201971.ht ... op;title;8

"Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available."

You need a high-end machine just to play it on medium? The game doesn't even look like Crysis and they demand better spec-ed machines?! Ridiculous.

On a side note, it's funny how IGN gave the game only a 9.2. PC fanboys (including me) outcry! :P
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

korge wrote:Yeah, Exclusive console games ported to pc always suck.

What? Gears was way better on PC. Better textures, and actually ran 62FPS capped without dipping to like 20. For me at least.

I got GTAIV on the release date and I can play generally well with medium textures and high rendering/post-processing on. And oh yeah, SLi/Crossfire doesn't even work for the game.

The reason why this game seems heavy is because the game renders everything that is happening in the game, and with all the detail, if you haven't noticed, it's a lot. And also, people with quad core processors would get a boost because it's one of the few games that utilizes the 4 cores.

If you'd like to see better fps: Turn off clip capture and lower the vechicle density, as it would put more work to your CPU if it cannot handle it. Also, 20 or even 10 draw distance is better than what the console versions deliver and also Medium settings are too overall, better looking visually than the console versions of the game.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Morty wrote: I know there will be a patch, it's a PC game, they always get patches. :P

You obviously don't know me very well, but I have never even considered to play GTA on a console. I tried GTA3 on a PS2, and I thought it was horrible. I play games on PC ONLY, so is it worth upgrading my PC for this game? Yes. Did I upgrade my PC for GTA San Andreas? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes. :)

I'm running XP 32bit, you still think SP2 will be enough?
Morty, you're going to have to format your hard drive and reinstall windows when you upgrade you're hardware, you might as well just wait for that and then go to SP3... should work smooth as butter. :wink:

If for some reason you do feel like trying it, I'm sure someone will find some way to make it work. It's not really high up on the priority list for most programmers, so don't expect it to just pop-up on Google instantly... it can't however hurt to go ahead and try. :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

No way Morty. Don't ever go to SP3. Bad things will happen I say. Baaaad things.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Carcrazy wrote:Morty, you're going to have to format your hard drive and reinstall windows when you upgrade you're hardware, you might as well just wait for that and then go to SP3... should work smooth as butter. :wink:
Are you sure about that? I'm only changing my CPU and GFX card. If I need to format for those, then I probably won't play GTA anytime soon... A format is very far down on my list of things I want to do, I just hate spending weeks having all my programs installed and set up properly again.
GT3x24x7 wrote:No way Morty. Don't ever go to SP3. Bad things will happen I say. Baaaad things.
I know :shock:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Hey, cool... someone installed a quick reply mod. :mrgreen:

I've never used XP SP3, so I can't comment.
You may would want to upgrade to (dare I say it,) Vista. The only complaints I've seen personally are people saying it's too slow when they have below quality line computers.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

@ Morty : Ive seen people, running it on XP SP2 32bit version by setting it into 'windows 2000 compatibility' mode...you should definitely give it a shot..

About SP3, afaik it keeps irritating you asking you to getting a genuine windows XP copy, which annoyed me to death until i got XP 64ibt <3 !!
Last edited by t3ice on 08 Dec 2008, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

t3ice wrote:About SP3, afaik it keeps irritating you asking you to getting a genuine windows XP copy
That tends to happen when you don't have legit copy of Windows. :P
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Damn son, these texture error's are annoying... anyone else got them?

When I first load up, it seems like the lighting seems screwed up in the apartment (beginning,) then when you go outside you can only see a few feet ahead of you, but you can see textures of fences and other things that would be on top of building roof's. If you alt+tab out then go back, those are all fixed, but a few things are missing... mainly the sky and map, along with other things such as water, smoke, etc...

Any ideas?
It looked fine on the 8600GT but ran like shiz due it the face it was DOA but my, uh... nvm. Long story short, I got screwed. I put the 7600GT in and it runs smooth as a baby's bum, but I have these errors... #-o

Return to “The Games”