Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by 2furio »

Gamespot finally reviews GTA IV for PC:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/grand ... eview.html
... receiving a solid 9.0.

I'll still be waiting until ATI releases a new driver and Rockstar a patch for the game before attempting to download and install this on my laptop.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I tried the drivers in the link posted by Skyline_man, and ive noticed a 3-4fps increase in the most lagging situations.

Apart from the huge resource hogging, this game it insanely fuN..

@ 2 furio : Are you planning on dloading the game?..Its huge..like 14 gigaBs HUGE..
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

t3ice wrote:I tried the drivers in the link posted by Skyline_man, and ive noticed a 3-4fps increase in the most lagging situations.

Apart from the huge resource hogging, this game it insanely fuN..

@ 2 furio : Are you planning on dloading the game?..Its huge..like 14 gigaBs HUGE..
Yep, that's the plan and I am fully aware of its size, which is why I am currently allocating resources to be able to do so. :P It's also why I'm waiting until everything is ironed out as much as possible as I don't end up with 14 gigs of useless data and have to download it again.

I missed Skyline_man's post with the link. After reading it, it's great to know ATI will release an updated driver tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it so soon. I just hope my laptop can handle the game.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I don't know why you are complaining so much.
I've got a AMD 5000+, 4GB RAM and a 512mb 8500 GT card. And I'm running it on medium with 40-45 fps. :-s
It isn't such a big resource hog...
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

Carcrazy wrote:Damn son, these texture error's are annoying... anyone else got them?

When I first load up, it seems like the lighting seems screwed up in the apartment (beginning,) then when you go outside you can only see a few feet ahead of you, but you can see textures of fences and other things that would be on top of building roof's. If you alt+tab out then go back, those are all fixed, but a few things are missing... mainly the sky and map, along with other things such as water, smoke, etc...

Any ideas?
It looked fine on the 8600GT but ran like shiz due it the face it was DOA but my, uh... nvm. Long story short, I got screwed. I put the 7600GT in and it runs smooth as a baby's bum, but I have these errors... #-o
If you got these problems with your 7600, go to http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html and download the driver, it will be OK.

About the game... Umm I love it. It's just pure fun.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

taz947 wrote:I don't know why you are complaining so much.
I've got a AMD 5000+, 4GB RAM and a 512mb 8500 GT card. And I'm running it on medium with 40-45 fps. :-s
It isn't such a big resource hog...
Because I don't have a desktop anymore, I have only a laptop. I gave up with always buying parts and upgrading my computer, so now I use a laptop for both school and gaming.

EDIT: So after some horrendous day, I finally installed GTA IV on my laptop and I must say I was disappointed. My laptop met the minimum requirements but even when I turned everything to the bare minimum, I was getting 20 fps and the game looked horrible, almost as bad as previous GTA games.

Now, I know my laptop has a mainstream videocard not meant for intense gaming but when Crysis runs and looks better at minimum settings, there's some cause for concern. Even Call of Duty: World at War, which is also running on low settings looks and runs better.

Either way, that was a complete waste of 14 gigs and I immediately uninstalled it, not like I don't have other game to enjoy. On a side note, the new Prince of Persia game is a blast to play!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

PC Patch just got released, however, you will have to be connected to LIVE to download it.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Another patch?...Wow these guys are really trying to fix things :|

@2furio : LOL :lol: ....tbh the game has its reasons for being a resource hog. There is a huge amount of unneeded scenery being rendered, and almost every object is detailed beyond need...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Skyline_man wrote:PC Patch just got released, however, you will have to be connected to LIVE to download it.

hehe, before you know it all games will be sold broke and will require online activation to fix it. Great way to stop piracy eh? :lol:
korge
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

korge wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:PC Patch just got released, however, you will have to be connected to LIVE to download it.

hehe, before you know it all games will be sold broke and will require online activation to fix it. Great way to stop piracy eh? :lol:
Maybe, lol.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

korge wrote:Great way to stop piracy eh? :lol:
Not a chance. :P
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/

Anyone getting the first episode ?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Hmmmm.........

Nah.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Depends on how much MS Points it cost... and if it's actually worth it i might download it :D, Guess MS really wants there money after dishing out 50million lol....
Explicit signature removed.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

ImJ wrote:Depends on how much MS Points it cost...
1600, or 20 $.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Lol.

Not getting.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

OK so I'm on the last mission (chose to kill Dmitri, so now have to kill Pegorino) I've been shot down by pegorino's RPG like 8 times... how the hell do I dodge it... -_-
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Move left to right. Basically a Zigzag pattern. Then when you get hit, you'll get hit close to where you need to get hit and land into a cutscene showing Pegorino trying to take off. Then you finish your job.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

If anyone still cares...2nd DLC trailer.

http://media.rockstargames.com/episodes ... 80x720.zip
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

The Ballad of Gay Tony doesn't look all that good, watched the trailer on xbox live today.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

next dlc for gta 4 will be on ps3, read that somewhere on ign. then gta 5
Instagram @SupraHKS
dellsmaith
Stock
Stock

Post by dellsmaith »

I recently purchased the grand theft auto the ballad of gay tony add on off of the x box live market place. I also have the original version of gta iv but i can not play the ballad of gay tony beacuse when i put the disk into CD drive it just goes onto the loaded game i have of gta iv what do i need do?
veronicaZora
Stock
Stock

Post by veronicaZora »

Simply the best GTA so much. It's about damn time they got serious with multiplayer. This game is completely outstanding. GTA 4 is a sound game yes it has its flaws but for PC the modding is pretty cool. If you've already played it on other console you could see how you could play the game diversely.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Most laptops don't run games too well, mainly due to their onboard graphics cards, which are not dedicated like you see on a desktop. Unless you have a gaming laptop, which isn't the case.

I would say no, you can't run GTA IV on that laptop. Even if you do, it will be pretty slow with everything on minimum.

Return to “The Games”