Gmod!

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Gmod!

Post by Stereo »

Anybody here play Gmod 10? (Garry's Mod 10)

If you don't know what it is...

It's a modification of half-life 2 and the source engine games that allows you to do and make basically anything. Make mini-games, contraptions, robots, etc... There's custom addons and model packs to enchance the experience. :O

Thats my short description. Well does anybody play it? I play it daily and it's hella fun. Rollercoaster building is my hobby. =D
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

It costs moneh, which I don't have to spend on mods. :( All the previous G-Mods were free.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I still play the original Gmod that was released before it was sold on Valve.
korge
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Base making FTW!!
Such a great game, I have a friend who often hosts a server, he gives me admin (sometimes) and we make bases where the spawn points are, and annoy the minges. And Haz, its worth the few pennies, $10 (£5) its a bargain, and it will entertain you for ages.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

10$ is much for a mod, think about it a game costs ~30$ that means 10$ is 45% of a full game and the full game is even more entertaining (some of them are) so it's not worth it.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Have you ever even tried it? It's not your average mod... And the $10 is worth it because garry spent a hell load of time to make gmod. It's actually the full game and you can screw with it aswell.

Gmod 9 is free and you can try it. But Gmod10 is tons better. =)
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

hmm i cant seem to get it to work with the half-life 2 demo.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Love playing Gmod, you can do and make just about anything in that mod. BTW, how would you make a rollercoaster Stereo?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

weedman173 wrote:Love playing Gmod, you can do and make just about anything in that mod. BTW, how would you make a rollercoaster Stereo?
Download the Phoenix Model Pack and in the Trains section spawn some monorails and attach wheels to a train and put the train wheels through the monorail. Easy weld the monorails and rotate them however you like.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Thanks, never knew you could add things to gmod. Im more of a house builder, all automatic doors and elevators. And I like building cannons.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

weedman173 wrote:Thanks, never knew you could add things to gmod. Im more of a house builder, all automatic doors and elevators. And I like building cannons.
There's loads of addons. Just look in facepunch studios forums.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

THIS looks like fun. It's a house you can do anything to, shoot it, burn it, knock out parts of the floor and collapse the whole thing. Gonna give it a try now.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

BrontoX wrote:10$ is much for a mod, think about it a game costs ~30$ that means 10$ is 45% of a full game and the full game is even more entertaining (some of them are) so it's not worth it.
I would disagree, is more than a mod, endless hours can be spent playing on it, so much to do if you are willing to do it. Hl2 once played through can be played again, but its the same. Plus the multiplayer on Gmod 10 is great fun when you manage to get onto a decent server.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I host my own server. Sometimes I join others, but most of the time I host one. /rocket command is the roxor.

And about the 45%... It's the whole game. You get the maps and models and stuff. You actually need CSS and HL2+DM to use Gmod with happiness, otherwise, you're stuck with some crappy models. And it's pretty fun to play through the game and screw around with it at the same time. =)
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Stereo, is your server private by any chance? Also I don't have CSS or HL2DM installed but I have all the models.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I don't know if my server is private. All I know is that I host one and people join it. It's not dedicated. My nickname is Mr. §£x¥ if you wanted to know, lol.

EDIT: I think my server name is >>Server. PHX, Wiremod, etc.<<
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I gave wiremod a try last night and all I can say is "wtf." I don't even know how to get buttons to work in regular Gmod, let alone try and make something work with wiremod. And if you don't know if your server is private, then it's probably not. Im restricted to going into only private ones, won't mention why though.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I know why you're restricted. I did the same thing before buying Gmod 10.

And to get buttons working in regular Gmod, you need something with an assigned numpad key first. Then you spawn that button with the same numpad key you assigned before.

Return to “The Games”