Is NFS falling behind?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Is NFS falling behind?

Post by korge »

With release of PGR3 and upcoming release of Forza 2, I have to say yes. The NFS series to me, is becoming a waste of money.

I think a good word for the past 4 or 5 NFS games is "Remix." That is all they were. Same cars and same feature, just changed up a little. I think MW was the biggest change, but that didnt last too long.

Do you think the NFS series is falling behind? I think so. (especially the fake looking graphics and horrible arcade action). To beat the game, all you need is some nitrous and patience to deal with the lame routine racing.
korge
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Not sure if that's a fair comparison. Those two are more simulation style and as you said NFS is (and has always been) pure arcade.

You are right about the NFS series being very repetitive lately, no new ideas in a while. Not sure if I agree with "fake" looking graphics though, Most Wanted in particular looks damn realistic in some areas (and the cars look good). Carbon does look a little "plastic" indeed.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

And if you wanna see the full extent of MW's sweet GFX then play it on X360 or on a 8800GTS 8)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

You don't need a 8800GTS for that.. I ran MW on the highest settings with a 6800GT.

So how often has this been said already? We know that NFS has gone into a ditch, the games tend to be a little cheap.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Most Wanted does not look realistic for anything. PGR3 looks photorealistic. NFS does not. At All....
korge
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

korge wrote:Most Wanted does not look realistic for anything. PGR3 looks photorealistic. NFS does not. At All....
PGR3 is simulation, most wanted is arcade
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

SliM_880 wrote: PGR3 is simulation, most wanted is arcade
PGR3 isnt a simulation actually, but Microsoft Studios did try and make it that but it didn't happen..... dunno why though :?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, we'll see what happens in the next nfs game. i like to play sim racing like gt4, but the more exciting games are the unrealistic arcade games, like burnout (particularly revenge), which is the most fun game ive played in ages.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Depends on the mood, of course. I like both types of racing games. NFS games for fun and adrelinaline, and one game in particular for ultra-realism: Richard Burns Rally. Going flat out in that game will get you nowhere real fast... Haven't seen an ultra-realistic street racing game yet (for PC anyway). Is there one?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

PGR3 is arcadey all the way, but has enough realism feel to it that is doesnt feel like a total crapper.

I just want to see how you guys compare NFS to the rest of the racing genre market.
korge
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yep the PGR series are not sim racers.

PGR 3 looked great, I got it with my 360, but some things did not look that good, the cars looked great but the Nurnbergring looked terrible to be honest.

The ring in Forza 1 was looking alot better, so expect it to be great in Forza 2 also.

MW did look pretty sweet and realistic on the 360 in some cases.... Carbon well that's a completely diffirent story, it looked fake on every system.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

korge wrote:PGR3 is arcadey all the way, but has enough realism feel to it that is doesnt feel like a total crapper.
That's how NFS used to be. Like in HP2, it wasn't realistic at all but the cars had nice, predictable handling -- rather than sliding all over the place like jelly (recent NFS games).
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ya, if nfs got rid of the sloppy handling cars it might be up there in the top list of racing games.

i think that in some rumor in the news section there was something where they gave a little info after telling which chicks were not going to make it. something like "this year we are making a new physics system that will be more grippy, sort of like a hybrid between an arcade game like current nfs games and simulation like gt4."
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Fishwhiz wrote:something like "this year we are making a new physics system that will be more grippy, sort of like a hybrid between an arcade game like current nfs games and simulation like gt4."
Fingers crossed...though with the usual EA timetable (new game every year) I'd rather keep my expectations low.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i want them to drop a year make this arcade based game that tries to throw a simulator feel in it (which didnt work to well cause it still crap) they should just try to compare to a game like GT or at least drop back to how NFS use to be.

An most wanted looked bad for 360, it looked a ton better for PC

i was playing GT3 on ps2 and it felt so much better then any nfs game from underground and up
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I look out for new NFS titles but I am enjoying alot of other games more than that atm, It isnt much of a game to keep you going over time and nothing new is happening.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

yes i think nfs is falling behind...there's no new innovations and fun in it.....you go race, make a name, go from newb to pro, smash some cops, ect.

been playing a lot of C&C lately :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

arabnight wrote:
An most wanted looked bad for 360, it looked a ton better for PC
I don't know where you got that info cause it is pure BS.
Cause if you play NFS MW on the 360 and connect it to a good quality HD TV, it looks better then it does on a high end PC.

Reason?
Simple EA put most effort in the 360 version and was made to look better, and I can know cause I play it on a HD TV and also have MW on the PC at full settings.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Yeah thats what I meant when I compared the X360 to the 8800GTS

and Stiggy, have you ever played Quake 4 on HD?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Nope never played Q4
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Yeah thats what I meant when I compared the X360 to the 8800GTS
the 8800 GTS cost about the same as a Xbox360.... :roll:

I do think NFS is falling behind because there are problems with the 360 version, that they aren't fixing. I love when Im racing online and I get ran over and pushed into the wall by a retarded looking person.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

I. Mean. Graphics. Wise. Not. Pricing which I don't care about.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

X360 MW > 8800GTS MW in graphics.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

yah right it looks so bad on 360..my 8800gts looks great on it
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Oh. Well since it was a card that was hyped up about the graphics I thought it was around there but I guess I was wrong.

Return to “The Games”