Halo 3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Halo 3

Post by Black Fire »

Well we have all heared about it, and some have played the demo. What are your thoughts on the game cool? Fun to play? Hate it? What do you think.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Well, I hope this game can really "open" the whole plot behind the "simple" history. This is supposed to be the end of the covennant and also the floods. I really want to see at least the covennat army dead bc I hate them a lot, specially the elites...and the "invisible" ones.

Sadly, the only negative point is that we're going to have to wait at lease 1 to 1 and half of year to play it in PC...and I suppose you need to have installed Windows Vista by that time.

I hope also to hear more from the game itself in terms of gameplay, or new functions, etc.

Xturbo
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

xturbo wrote:Well, I hope this game can really "open" the whole plot behind the "simple" history. This is supposed to be the end of the covennant and also the floods. I really want to see at least the covennat army dead bc I hate them a lot, specially the elites...and the "invisible" ones.

Sadly, the only negative point is that we're going to have to wait at lease 1 to 1 and half of year to play it in PC...and I suppose you need to have installed Windows Vista by that time.

I hope also to hear more from the game itself in terms of gameplay, or new functions, etc.

Xturbo
I think it will take more than 12-18 months for it to be released on the PC. Seeing as all the boxart I've seen in stores/online has been "Only On Xbox 360". That and they are only just releasing/released Halo 2 on the PC.

Just my 5c.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Haha, they're probably gonna release it when the time of Windows Vienna comes.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Re: Halo 3

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I just got this game and I need to know how much a Lynxsus (I think that's how it's spelled) router costs.

And my friend said something about make sure that it's DHLC or something enabled. I cant get into contact with him right now to ask him.
Can any of you help me with this?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

You sure its not Linksys? And is it a wirelss router? What speed? How many connections do you need?

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellit ... torWrapper

I picked up a Netgear wireless router for 20 bucks on eBay. Perhaps you should try there.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ive completed halo 3. Fun when on 2 players or on Xbox live thats all i do now.. Planning to go higher on the difficulty later on though, im doing legend next.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Man, this game is killing.. The game industrie I mean? ROFL, really EVERYONE is playing it in my friends list.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I F**king love this game....I love it so much, I do what my friend did and deleted someone still playing Halo 2/Halo online :lol:

...But this game is awesome...new weapons...equipment...maps...body physics...
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

It is so gay. It is the downfall of Xbox Live. Diverting most bandwidth to their servers, for one game. It makes me think about buying a PS3. If they dont fix this problem by November, my 360, my games, and everything else that has anything to do with it is going.

As for the game itself. It is just terrible, headshots dont count for anything on this game. Accuracy is pretty much meaningless.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

thats because shooters are lame on consoles
14/V\3 auto aim... :lol:
yeah sure... go ahead and flame me now XD
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Hear, hear! Mouse and keyboard FTW!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Sure, Shooters are still best on the PC, with a mouse and keyboard.

A shooter can be played on a console, I played several shooters on the 360, some where better then others, some had issues with the controls (sometimes just to hard to get a good shot)
FarCry was one of them, it is alsmost impossible to use the sniper rifle accurately, cause the movement for each hit of the stick was to big to be accurate wich could become annoying specially if you had to make alot of kills in a short time with the sniper rifle.

I found Halo 2 to be pretty good on the 360 (Xbox 1 game), same goes for Black.

But the best shooters are simply played on the PC, no question about that.
But Racers are best on consoles :lol:
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Lol. There are some notably good shooters for consoles. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. Like Halo 2, it had a lackluster ending, anyone who has played through the story knows this. The actuall story itself was stupid, Halo 1 Good, great, almost perfect compared to it's alleged two successors. I would have gladly waited another year or two for a good Halo game to come out.

I have no expereince with shooters on the PC. But that just isnt my style, I was born a console gamer, and I will die as one. For me, the PC is a RTS 'console' only. But that is because I was introduced to shooters on a console. In my eyes though, the 360, best console for shooters, because of the two trigger system.

PS: Stig, did you get a chance to play the CoD4 Beta?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Nope haven't had a chance to, but it sounds like a good shooter, have to say I really liked CoD3 and 2, IMO 3 was better, atleast the storyline was really nice and felt like you where really in the game.
CoD2 was good also, but I got it to late so it felt a little bit "empty" gfx wise, other then that it has some nice missions.

I didn't play them online, cause I am not very good at console shooters (online that is)

Maybe I should get Halo 1, just to see how it was, and to get the storymode abit more.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Awesome I have BioShock at the moment, so no Halo 3 for me! This game is waay cooler singleplayer.. Too bad it haven't got multiplayer.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

...Are you kidding me? Once CoD4 comes out, everyone is gonna be playing that and Halo 3, so just get over it and yes, headshots do count...I s**tted on someone when i went into a skylift on one of the maps...killed him from above LOL
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

[rant]Didnt you hear about the announcment from Bungie. On Xbox Live, they diverted alot of bandwith from other game servers, and placed it in their Halo 3 servers. Which is quite frankly, absolute bulls**t.

And how can you actually say, that headshots count for anything? I drill two clips into someone, and then they turn around, and start shooting at you. I shoot a shotgun, directly at their head from behind, they turn around, hit me once, I die. The only way to really kill someone, while they have full shield, is to shoot them with a whole clip, then hit them. That is the only weapon you really have, that really counts, the stock of your gun. Other than that, you can find the sniper rifle, and camp, or become a vehicle whore.[/rant]
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Oh please, people have been using vehicles since Halo 1, just get over it and find a way to get em out of it cause in Halo 3, you can. As for campers, they can be flushed out. And I could careless about the bandwith thing cause the main game i'm gonna be playing is Halo 3 anyways so that doesn't matter to me. And maybe it's just me but I shot a guy in the head with the spartan laser and he was out. Same with the sniper, but don't get testy and try to hold me to it. For all I know, those shots coulda just been the shots to kill him after his shield being weakened.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Spartan Laser = Power weapon. It's a one hit kill, no matter where you get them. Sniper rifle is the only weapon where head shots count, I'm talking about weapons that require you to go in, and get close, not sit back, and eat marshmallows.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Ok, thats not that hard. BR+Gunbuck=Done.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Halo 2 was definitely lacklustre compared to some of the games coming out in the next few months, but back to the present day and from what I've seen it hasn't got much better... If I buy one FPS this year it is DEFINITELY going to be Haze or something similar. Then again, I don't exactly have an X360 so Haze is going to be just fine.

Return to “The Games”