PGR4

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

PGR4

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

IGN wrote:While news that Bizarre Creations is working on Project Gotham Racing 4 may come as no surprise, the game has recieved a sort-of official announcement over the weekend - but not by Microsoft. Instead, French car maker Peugeot let slip that the game is in development in a press release detailing the company's fourth design-a-car competition.

In the release - which invites applicants to use their imagination to re-invent the car with six values in mind: Pleasurable (to drive), Lively, Efficient, Accessible, Simple and Ecological, or PLEASE for short - Peugeot announced that the winning design would "be featured in the Project Gotham Racing 4 videogame, only on the Xbox 360." In addition, the winning idea will made into a full-scale concept car that will shown on Peugeot's stand at the Frankfurt 2007 Motor Show. The winner will also receive a cheque for 6,000 Euros.

It's thought Microsoft was planning to announce PGR4 at its X06 event later this month

but Peugeot leaked the news first. Microsoft was unavailable for comment at this time.

Screenshot

Links

Pictures- http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/853/ ... mgs_1.html
Last edited by S2000_Skyline12 on 23 May 2007, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: PGR4

Post by race_invader »

Woo!!! they got a supra! :wink: that rules specially since its new generation graphics also mind you they will have interior view again :)

Edit: Bunch of new screen shots & Videos! They even have motorbikes! :D

New Article: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/802/802288p1.html

I just love the weather and how the windscreen wipers move with alittle bit of dirt etc also the new motorbike view 'helmet view' my god im just gonna get this game too. :)

New screens at IGN

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/8 ... mgs_1.html

Class A

* Aston Martin DBR9
* Caparo T1
* Ducati 999R Xerox
* Ferrari FXX
* Ferrari F50 GT
* Gumpert Apollo
* Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
* Koenigsegg CCX
* Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
* Mclaren F1 LM
* Mercedes CLK-GTR SuperSport
* MV Augusta F4 Senna
* Panoz GTR-1 Coupe
* Radical SR9 LMP2
* RUF Supercar Concept
* Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
* SSC Ultimate Aero TT
* Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Ltd
* Suzuki GSX-R1000
* Toyota GT-One

Class B

* Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
* BMW K1200R
* Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
* Ducati 998
* Ducati Monster S4RS Testastretta
* Ferrari GTO Evoluzione
* Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
* Harley Davidson VR-1000
* Honda CBR600RR
* Jaguar XJ220S
* Joss Supercar
* Lamborghini LP640
* Maserati MC12
* MV Augusta Brutale 910 R
* Pagani Zonda F
* Palmer-Jaguar JP1
* Radical SR3 Turbo
* RUF RT12
* Suzuki GSX-R600
* Ultima GTR
* Yamaha YZF-R6

Class C

* Aston Martin DBS
* BMW M1 Procar
* Callaway Sledgehammer
* Caterham R500
* Chevrolet Corvette Z06
* Dodge Viper GT-2
* Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
* Ferrari F430
* Ferrari F40
* Ford GT
* Honda NR750
* Lamborghini Concept M
* Lamborghini Gallardo
* Lotus Exige GT3
* Mclaren-Mercedes SLR
* MTT Turbine Superbike
* Rossion Q1
* RUF CTR Yellowbird
* RUF RGT
* Triumph Speed Triple
* TVR Typhon

Class D

* Aston Martin V8 Vantage
* Aston Martin Vanquish S
* Audi R8
* BMW F 800 S
* BMW M5 E60
* Chevrolet ZR1
* Ducati Paul Smart 1000 LE
* Ferrari 355 F1 GTS
* Ford GT40 MKI
* Honda NSX-R
* Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 SE
* Light Car Company Rocket
* Mercedes CLK DTM AMG
* Mitsubishi FQ400
* RUF RK Coupe
* Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
* Spyker C8 Laviolette LWB
* TVR Sagaris

Class E

* Audi RS 4
* Bentley Continental GT
* Cadillac Sixteen Concept
* Dodge Challenger Concept
* Ferrari Testarossa
* Ferrari 250 GTO
* Ferrari 365 GTB/4 ("Daytona")
* Honda RC161
* Lamborghini Countach LP400
* Maserati 250F
* Mazda RX-7
* Norton 500 Manx
* Saleen S281E
* Shelby GT500E
* Subaru Impreza 22B STi
* Tesla Roadster
* Toyota Supra Turbo
* Triumph Trident
* Vanwall GPR V12

Class F

* Alfa Romeo SZ
* Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
* BSA Gold Star DBD34
* Buell RR 1200
* Buick Regal GNX
* Chevrolet Stingray
* Chevrolet Camaro Z28
* Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback
* Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
* GMC Syclone
* Jaguar D Type
* Lamborghini Miura P400 SV
* Lancia Stratos
* Lancia Delta Integrale Evo
* Lotus Esprit Essex Turbo
* Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Class G

* Austin Mini Cooper S
* Delorean DMC-12
* Lotus Cortina
* Lotus Europa
* Mazda MX-5
* Pontiac Firebird
* Toyota 2000GT
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I'm not really fond of the 'cars vs. bikes' thing, but maybe it will turn out great when I play it. As long as it gets as good as PGR3 this game is going to sell great. And I'm going to be one of the buyers xD.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ill be a buyer too, except i would get it after its release no preorder on this. Might as well get it from Ebay as how i got TDU, PGR3 but very cheap :wink: $20...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The carlist has some really nice cars in it, but I still don't like the fact that they have no Porsches in it, yes they do have the RUF versions but even though it is almost the same, it's not... and with that there is no Carerra GT and other none 911 models.
I hope it's more exiting then PGR3 cause I found PGR3 to be not very exiting, it looked great but I think that was about it for me. they focues to much on visuals, and IMO overdone it sometimes with the shiny stuff.. cause the Ring didn't look realistic AT ALL, if looked like loonytunes world...
PGR2 on the ohter hand was a very nice game to play, it was availeble on the 360 (update pack) but for some reason I can't play it anymore.. it keeps saying no update availeble...

I think I try the demo and see how I like that, it does have a nice carlist wich is a good thing, but if that is all it has... I don't think ill get it.
Same goes for Juiced 2... that game has something that annoyed me from the start in terms of gfx and gameplay, and no matter how big and good the carlist is, I doubt I'll like it.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Here is some of my pictures i took from PGR 4, only 2 pictures so far since im not a photo type person.

(It might be cut off)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Interesting... I can definitely think of a few games that look graphically superior. How many Fezzas are in this game?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

The car list is up the top but ill still say how many there are, 8... :)
shadow665
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by shadow665 »

wtf callaway sledgehammer c class thats one of the fast vettes in the world
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

More pictures ive taken.. Except the Lamborghini 8) Though once again they might be cut off..

Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Now I gotta admit, THAT's a nice LP640. That's the one flaw of one of the superior games--it doesn't have Lambos. Although every single Fezza in history is licensed, along with Formula One cars.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

What tracks are in it
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Project Gotham Racing 4: Track List

TOTAL: 115 TRACKS (60 Returning + 55 New)
---------------------------------------------------------

Set around one of the famous lengths of tarmac in the world, The Strip, most of the tracks in this Nevada city all follow a simple formula: massive long straights with an intense hairpin at the end of them. Make sure you apply the brakes early to get your speed down and follow the rumble strips, and you should be able to swing around just fine. Remember that bikes generally corner slower than cars around hairpins, so be extra vigilant when riding two wheels instead of four.

Las Vegas is most spectacular at night, and so it's only fitting that this is how it appears in PGR4. Don't get too distracted by the neon though, and remember that weather is now a feature. Yes, it does very occasionally snow in Vegas in real life... although you will probably see it a bit more frequently in PGR4!

Track List (Total 12 Tracks)

Big Apple Loop
Flamingo Straits
Buccaneer Loop
Tropicana Tour
Spring Mountain Turns
South Strip Loop
Las Vegas Boulevard Tour
Boulevard Straits
Short Run
North Vegas Run
South Vegas Run
The Grand Run

Start your race on the banks of the River Thames, and speed past the Houses of Parliament. London is a historic city, so remember that its streets weren't designed with cutting-edge sports cars and superbikes in mind. Runoff is virtually non-existent in the city centre because of the close proximity of the buildings to the road. Stay away from the barriers to keep your speed up, and be careful when riding your bike through the slaloms.

Watch out for the infamous London fog and rain... it can wreck havoc in the tight inner-city areas of the track. Learn the routes before you go flat out.

Her Majesty's Pleasure
The Birdcage
Embankment Rush
Whitehall Straits
The Bulldog
The Old City Loop
Westminister Tour
Trafalgar Tour
Down the Mall
Thornbury Corner
Old City East
St James Park

The two giant bridges make a comeback, this time with new vehicles and weather conditions. It is possible to push the fastest cars and bikes to their limit in New York, but watch out for the absurdly tight corners at either end of the Brooklyn Bridge. You'll need to get your speed right down; otherwise you'll become a little too acquainted with the Armco!

Worth & Walker Street
Broadway Run
City Hall Park
The Outskirts
Park Row
Brooklyn Bridge Strait
The Bridge Tour
Park to Tillary
Center & Broadway
Foley Square Loop
White Street Bends
Chapel Street Corner

--------------------------------------------------------------

The "Green Hell" makes a comeback in PGR4, this time bigger and badder than before. This time around you'll have to contend with fog, rain, and snowdrifts. It's tough enough to complete a lap in good weather... wait until you see it under a foot of snow!

The Snow 'Ring has actually been modelled on a completely different mesh to the Clear 'Ring, this letting us do cool things like swap out the trees for ones sporting a new "leafless look", pile up snow on the grassy areas, and cover certain rumble strips in snowfall. If you're looking for the ultimate Gotham challenge, you just found it.

Half F1 Circuit
Full F1 Circuit
Nordschleife Long
The Behemoth
Schwedenkreuz
Wipperman
Fuchsrohre
Schwalbenschwanz
Klostertal
Metzgesfeld
Antoniousbuche
Pflanzgarten Long

Japan's largest metropolis returns to the PGR series, with wide roads and plenty of space to jostle for position. There are various corner types, ranging from super-long sweeping bends to insanely tight hairpins. Taking motorcycles for a spin in Tokyo will be a humbling experience the first time around, especially when trying to tackle the descending circle turn at the Shinjuku bus terminal! Remember, bikes make up their ground on the straights. When cornering, brake more than you normally would in a car and make sure your racing line is good.

Shinjuku Kabukicho Loop
Tochomae Loop
The Good Tomorrow
Ekimae Loop
Bark To The Sun
Nishiguchi Short
Shinjuku Speedway
Shinjuku Skyscraper
Oedo Chase
The Triangle Building
Shinjuku Tour
Crazy Turns

------------------------------------------------------------
Famous for its inner-city bike races, Macau is a track split into two. The city centre has open roads and lots of room to get your speed up. Some of the elevated sections might cause your vehicle to catch some air, but nothing you can't handle. Take one of the mountain roads though, and you'll see a whole different Macau. Twisting, fast, narrow, and (in places) tunnelled. Remember, what goes up(hill) must come down(hill)!

Prone to tropical storms, Macau's track surface can become a nightmare when wet. Adjust your throttle appropriately when the rain starts falling!

Track List (Total 11 Tracks)

Instituto Politecnico
Avenida da Amizade
Guia Hill Park
Estrada de S. Francisco
Avenida de Dr. Rodrigues
Estrada de Cacilhas
Avenida de M. Baptista
Guia Hairpin
Hotel Lisboa
Avenida da Praia Grande
Grand Prix Building

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shanghai at night is an amazing sight, with neon signage to rival Las Vegas. However, don't be distracted by the beautiful skyscrapers or dramatic lighting; you'll need to stay alert when racing here. Almost all of the roads are several lanes wide, meaning that it becomes less a task of avoiding the barriers than it does getting the perfect racing line. Most circuits are suited to fast cars, meaning that Shanghai is sure to become a "Class A whore's" favourite.

If you're going for a fast lap in Shanghai you'll need to let the rumble strips guide you in and out of the multiple chicanes. That doesn't mean it's not fun though; Shanghai is a perfect playground for Kudos grabbers to practice their trade. A wet race in this city is hardly ever without incident. Pay attention and don't let the speed creep up on you.

Track List (Total 13 Tracks)

The Grand Theatre
Neon Tour
B-Circuit
People's Race
Shanghai Old Town
Xizhang Road
Shanghai Grand Slam
Jiu Fu Loop
Landmark Tour
People's Avenue
On the Bund
Museum Loop
Shanghai Open

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This Russian city consists largely of open roads with lots of runoff to play with. Expect high speed driving, but you'll need to experiment with your racing lines to find the fastest route through the open areas. The terrain is mostly flat, but watch out for the humpback bridges! Use them to grab some extra Air Kudos during a race.

There are some tighter roads around the central canals area; don't let the shorter corners take you by surprise. Overhead tram wires add to the sense of speed, but don't let them deceive you; you'll need to contrast your driving between the super-long slaloms and the turn-on-a-penny square corners.

Nevskiy Run
Embankments and Parks
The Hermitage Race
Pushkin's Places
Kazanskiy Cathedral
Moika Turns
The Admiralty
The City Center Loop
Channel Tour
Great Peter's Walk
Artist's Square Circle
Palace Square

Racing Quebec is like riding a twisting rollercoaster ride through narrow streets and hills. Most corners are long and slender, suited to either car or bike, and can be taken at high speed. However, there are a few awkward bends which you'll need to learn by heart in order to take at pace. A nice highlight is the gated city walls, which some circuits snake right through.

As you might expect in what has been described as PGR4's answer to Edinburgh, there is very little runoff and thus no margin for error. Watch those barriers!

La Haute-Ville
Grand City Tour
Abraham's Battlefield
Rampart Run
La Basse-Ville
Old Port Short
La Grande Allée
Chateau Frontenac
Twisted Old Port
City Hall Detour
Fountain Square
Parliament Hill

Michelin Test Track

As the icing on the location cake, we have also added a fictional Test Track to PGR4. This performs a similar function to the test track from Gotham 2, in that it's a great place to take your cars out and push them to the limit. However, unlike the test track from Gotham 2, this one serves a purpose in the Single Player career mode too. Several invitation challenges take place on the Michelin Test Track, sometimes on the Nascar-style oval, sometimes on the windy service roads, and occasionally on the dirty great skid pan located in the centre.

Despite the track being fictional, it has been inspired by a particular famous racing circuit in the States which I won't mention. But why sponsored by Michelin I hear you ask? Well, not only does this add some real racing authenticity to the game, we also get to include a couple of 40 foot high giant Michelin men in there. So everybody's a winner really.

Track List (Total 7 Tracks)

The Oval
The Short Test
The Medium Test
The Long Test
The Complex Test
The Ultimate Test
Skid Pan
------------------------------------------------------------------
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

So despite being based on real-world locations, the tracks are fictional?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well ive been in Las Vegas on the strip. Everything is real locations etc, except Michelin Test Track is fictional.

taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

The rain drops from the Enzo are unbelievable!!They look like reality...They weren't wrong when they said that the components of this game are cars,bikes and rain. :shock:
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Agree!, the graphics on the ford gt and merc are absolutely awsome!
Explicit signature removed.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

More shots but from other users at Bizarre creations. :)

ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

:shock:
Explicit signature removed.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Now those shots, while cool, are DEFINITELY fake. So far while these tracks are based on real-world locatios, the only real racetrack I see is the Nurburgring Nordschliefe.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

To be exact, it's not only the Nordschleife, it's the entire Nürnburgring, including the F1 track.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Now those shots, while cool, are DEFINITELY fake. So far while these tracks are based on real-world locatios, the only real racetrack I see is the Nurburgring Nordschliefe.
Oh those pictures ain't fake.. I mean they even have the number plate to prove it :) Here are more of them, or you could just go on here where everyone post's there pictures.

http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/v ... &start=220

Cut off once again..

I'll stop posting pics, unless you want to see more... 8)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

No what I mean is that those pictures don't look as realistic as the other shots you've posted. These shots do look quite spectacular, but some of them are more on par with Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 than the others. Not that GT4 looked bad, but the Gran Turismo series is probably one of this series' rivals in terms of graphics, but GT5 looks so close to real-life.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah alright i understand :)
--
My gameplay video also includes sound. :) I was using a wheel also the car set on manual 8)

Car: 2007 Audi R8/Le mans Quattro
Track: Nurburgring Half F1 Circuit
Weather: Wet (No rain)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNv6h5jDigs
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Isn't it just called "Audi R8" the Le Mans Quattro was the concept

Return to “The Games”