Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Post by race_invader »

I dunno.. I just enjoy a car low..
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I finally got the game 8) and cause I was feeling nostalgic I went with the Scirocco.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Has anyone else had their game freeze yet when they start driving around in the '06 Mustang GT? :roll:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

race_invader wrote:I dunno.. I just enjoy a car low..
That's not low... that's uncontrollable low....

I don't know what it is, but I don't really like the GFX that much... looks like a serious lack of AA.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:
race_invader wrote:I dunno.. I just enjoy a car low..
That's not low... that's uncontrollable low....

I don't know what it is, but I don't really like the GFX that much... looks like a serious lack of AA.
Thank god you notice it.

I HATE the 360 for that very reason. You call it HD whenI can actually see the choppy and pixelly edges? One reason why I prefer pc to console always is that you can usually force AA or that there is an option.

HD my bum bum... [-X
korge
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've heard that they used the GTA IV engine but tweaked just abit more.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but then I didn't like the GTA IV gfx also.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I certainly agree. Although I definitely think MC:LA looks A LOT better than GTAIV. And in-game it looks better than R_I's screenies.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

The photos depends on your resolution.. I play on a crappy 720p TV.. So the photos are crap in quality but then when i use the plasma the photos are like 1080I. So it all depends what you use when taking photos. :)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

wtvr..just post some more photos at daytime.. they look so sweet!! :P
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

race_invader wrote:The photos depends on your resolution.. I play on a crappy 720p TV.. So the photos are crap in quality but then when i use the plasma the photos are like 1080I. So it all depends what you use when taking photos. :)
Too true, I'm on a 1080p LCD, it looks as good as MotorStorm did IMO.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I played it at an EB store, and IMO the controls were so unresponsive, and to be honest, felt really unrealistic. Maybe I was just pissed off at having to drive a stock nissan...
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Lol from what I've played I love the map-zooming-out-thingy, and the way the camera zooms up onto your rear-quarter-panel/boot when you use slipstream turbo/NOS. Loving the customisation too, I got my Scirocco running on 23's, 4" lower (extremely unrealistic, but anyhoo), blue-to-white sparkle paintjob, blue/black interior, a shot of NOS and a new exhaust. Still slow though XD.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Right now im cruisin around in a brand new Audi RS4 :P
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

I'm crusing in my lamborghini gallardo right now ^_^... btw any 360 users that have this game ATM? besides race_invader of course, need help on the 5 Friends achievement : D
Explicit signature removed.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I did decide to get the game,
It has some very nice new things like real tyre brands (visible on the tyres themselves ) the license plates options are very nice. and the interior customising is nice.
But the gameplay itself is abit... well how do I say it, not addictive, just like GTA IV.

It looks nice and all, but for some reason it doesn't get me hooked...
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

This might be pointless to say, but I ditto YaelDjiel's post on the first page - I'm looking at the screens and going "WAAAAANT" right now, especially because UnderCover is looking disappointing.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:I did decide to get the game,
It has some very nice new things like real tyre brands (visible on the tyres themselves ) the license plates options are very nice. and the interior customising is nice.
But the gameplay itself is abit... well how do I say it, not addictive, just like GTA IV.

Sounds like Import Tuner. Awesome customization and good car models but gameplay no good. However MCLA is obviously more fun than IT. =D>
korge
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

TheStig wrote:I did decide to get the game,

Yep, it's got all the whizz-bang and party tricks, but lacks that touch that makes a game special. It's too deeply focused on the cosmetic parts, and lacks realistic physics to back up the image.

The game at the EB store looked nice, but IMO the driving feels really weird, better than Prostreet, but a lower class than other games such as GRID or GT5. Then again, it's meant to be a tuner game.

I'm afraid that if I buy it, I'll only play it when I've got nothing else to do, instead of playing it because I really want to.
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

LOL lacks realistic physics.... It's a freaking arcade game, whaddya expect? If you want "realistic" physics then GET either Forza or GT5. If you are an arcade freak though, this is definitely better than NFS...
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

TBH this game ain't even pure arcadish, it feels a mix of PGR4 and TDU which is a amazing touch......
This game would be awsome if they give us a DLC with abit more extra cars 8)
Explicit signature removed.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The physiscs aren't that bad, it's pretty easy to drive and easy to slide around corners and such, which makes driving around pretty fun.
There are a couple of things I really like about the game, and some I don't like.

The special customising options are very nice, some things are really deep, but the basics are pretty... well basic, everybody is complaining about Pro Street and Undercovers lack of bodykits, but MC:LA isn't much batter, it got a massive list of... well 4 kits and a Widebody. (not very far in the game but till not all have this config) the amount of spoilers is pretty low (like 5 or so?) Rims: not a massive amount eighter, not very little but not a huge list eighter, I miss some important brands.
What I do like is the options you have with the wheels, you can select the rim size and depth, but the best thing is that you are able to decide what tire size you want, so if you want tiny rims with a low profile tire, you can do that, or a big rim with a big tire is also possible, and the tire brand options, with white text, white walls etc, but also the option to choose a tire, sadly it's only Pirelli and BF Goodrich and not other brands, but ok I forgive them for that, cause when you choose a Pirelli PZero Nero you really get a PZero Nero.

But in general the game is not addictive, for me atleast, where good games make me want to continue playing, MC:LA does not, I quit pretty fast and without problems, it's not like when I got stuff to do I still keep playing cause I want to get to the next level or something.
Last weekend I got the Quantum of Solace game and started playing on sunday (first played MC:LA on saturday) and finished the game the same day (be it on easy) but I could barely stop playing, but quit halfway because I needed to eat something.... but did not have that with MC:LA at all.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yeah I've actually gotten bored of MCLA already without even realising it. Instead I've been playing Gran Turismo 4 8)

damn you Supercar Festival and your unmodified, sports tyre rules...Although how a 550hp Evo VIII can beat 600hp+ supercars escapes me...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've also gotten bored on MC:LA was fun at first but someone told me the ending and its not really a proper story ending and since that ive not really wanted to carry on with the missions etc.. I

I will download the content later on though, cause that might make me play it again if great cars are added.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

There was a story?

Return to “The Games”