Need help

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Need help

Post by Jopuma »

I don't know how many of you play AoE 3 but I just recently bought it and I'm led to believe that something is wrong either with the game or with the website it connect to because I can't get online at all with it. It ran online once, but after that I get this message.

"There is a problem with your connection. Please make sure that you're connected to the Internet and that you can access http://www.eso.com with your browser."

However I do have a connection and I can go anywhere including ESO, but I can't get online. It does this every time and I can't figure it out. I've scoured several pages of Google and people have had the problem but no real answer.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Need help

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I have got the game but I haven't heard of anything like that happening before, although it's most likely to do with the game not being able to source a connection or something. Don't know how to work it out, though. Sorry.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Need help

Post by Jopuma »

Ok this can be locked now because I figured it out with help from Microsoft Support.

The problem was so simple too. #-o
Just needed to add the autopatch.exe to the Windows Firewall allow and I could connect. :|

Anyway I'm happy now cause I can play online again. :D

Return to “The Games”