Soldier Of Fortune: Payback (Warning: High gore)

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Soldier Of Fortune: Payback (Warning: High gore)

Post by race_invader »

Avalable on: Xbox 360, PC, Ps3

Release dates:
Australia: Banned Possible 2008 release though.
America: November 13, 2007
Europe: Unknown
--------------------------

Soldier of Fortune: Payback is the upcoming third installment of the Soldier of Fortune game series. Activision confirmed that the sequel is currently in development by Cauldron HQ, developed with Cauldron's in-house CloakNT engine, used in their previous First Person Shooter game, Chaser.

Features:
Soldier of Fortune: Payback evolves the signature gameplay of its predecessors with refined controls, tension-packed warzones, and an enemy damage system that may be shocking to even experienced FPS players, complete with excessive gibs, blood spray, destructible and detachable limbs, and squeamish death animations. Boasting more weapons options than any previous Soldier of Fortune installment, Soldier of Fortune Payback’s impressive arsenal includes an array of more than 30 weapons including sub-machine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, projectile explosives, weapon attachments and cutting-edge tactical weapons. Soldier of Fortune Payback will satisfy online gamers with many of their favourite online multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Elimination, Team Elimination, Capture the Flag, and Demolition. Additional online options include maps tuned specifically for multiplayer action and many server settings for custom online play.

Offical Site

Banned in Australia news:News
-------------

Other sites for Photos, Videos.
IGN
Gamespot
-------------
----------------------------------------------------

I guess this means, ill have to go on Ebay & buy this seeing that its banned here is australia. Though it might be released in 2008 the content or gore might get taken out from it.
Last edited by race_invader on 01 Nov 2007, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Re: Soldier Of Fortune: Payback (Warning: High gore)

Post by Tyrant »

Screens look awesome. I really like SoFII, I played it online for a while. I hope it's coming to Europe :).
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

[chant]eBay, eBay, eBay[/chant]
I dont see why it got banned in Australia, before it got banned in America. All of the uptight parents live there, not here.

Does it have killer kangaroo's?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Killer Kangaroos

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It hops!! Run away before it chops our heads off with a boomarang!!
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Tyrant wrote:Screens look awesome. I really like SoFII, I played it online for a while. I hope it's coming to Europe :).
It will come to europe, i know that for sure :) just don't know the release date.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Why are some games banned in Australia? What's wrong with having gore in that country?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I posted the reason befor but ill explain again since im still angry about it. :lol:
---
Australia's Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC) effectively banning the game from sale down under. The OFLC has refused classification for Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, which makes it illegal to sell in Australia. Under Australian law, the highest rating that can be slapped on a game is MA15+. On the other hand, films and DVDs can carry up to an R18+ rating, which prohibits sales to anyone under the age of 18. Any video games that do not fit under the OFLC's definition of MA15+ are refused classification.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

race_invader wrote:
Tyrant wrote:Screens look awesome. I really like SoFII, I played it online for a while. I hope it's coming to Europe :).
It will come to europe, i know that for sure :) just don't know the release date.
Yeah, I can't remember any game that wasn;t released in the Netherlands because of violence (apart from weird Japanese RPG's :P).. In Germany it's a different story though..
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

race_invader wrote:I posted the reason befor but ill explain again since im still angry about it. :lol:
---
Australia's Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC) effectively banning the game from sale down under. The OFLC has refused classification for Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, which makes it illegal to sell in Australia. Under Australian law, the highest rating that can be slapped on a game is MA15+. On the other hand, films and DVDs can carry up to an R18+ rating, which prohibits sales to anyone under the age of 18. Any video games that do not fit under the OFLC's definition of MA15+ are refused classification.
Now that is the stupidest thing ever can't they make a new rating like on films to make them legal? And they are wondering why there are warez games.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yeah, thats what i was thinking too.. They could just change it but they can't :roll:

Seems that ill be getting this from United Kindom.. since american games are NTSC when i have a PAL Xbox 360 & NTSC can only work on NTSC consoles, if you get what i mean.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Awsome, loved the first two games.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

race_invader wrote:Seems that ill be getting this from United Kindom.. since american games are NTSC when i have a PAL Xbox 360 & NTSC can only work on NTSC consoles, if you get what i mean.
Some games are region free. Like Crackdown, that was region free. Maybe this will be the same, if not, I'll be contacting Game.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

although yes it might be region free. But it's not coming to australia so really i have to get it from there anyways.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

race_invader wrote:although yes it might be region free. But it's not coming to australia so really i have to get it from there anyways.
I have 'contacts' here in Australia(no, my X360 is not modded). But maybe they can tell me more about the situation, seeing as I'm going down there today or tomorrow.
Game....FTW.

Return to “The Games”