PS2 and PS3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

PS2 and PS3

Post by speed_man »

Can you play ps2 games on a ps3??? i wanted to know before i got a ps3, because i have a lot of ps2 games, and if you cant play them on ps3 then all my ps2 games will pretty much go to waste. :?

Thanks, in Advance :)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: PS2 and PS3

Post by Fishwhiz »

yes you can. get the ps3. it kicks bum.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Dont get the PS3 40GB Version, it don't play ps2 games, The others do tho
Explicit signature removed.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Get the 60GB while you can because they're selling like hotcakes. If you can, find a good 80GB deal as an alternative if you can't get a 60GB.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

80 gb are more expensive, and you really don't need 80 gb if you aren't going to put all of your movies and itunes on it.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Fishwhiz wrote:80 gb are more expensive, and you really don't need 80 gb if you aren't going to put all of your movies and itunes on it.
Who cares about slapping movies a craptunes onto your ps3?
You can install components of the games onto the hard drive itself, that ranges from 1-n gigs, it all depends on what the developer of the games allows. So yes, an 80GB hard drive can easily be swallowed if you own a lot of games, etc.

He wants a PS3 that has backwards compatibility so.... 60 or 80 GB variants are the only decent choices, and the 40GB version only has 2 USB ports on the front anyways... ghey.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Fishwhiz wrote:80 gb are more expensive, and you really don't need 80 gb if you aren't going to put all of your movies and itunes on it.
Yes, but 80GB are in more general supply than 60GB and they have the best deals.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Hah, don't make me laugh.
You make it sound as if PS3s are flying off the shelves . . . when in actual fact, their sales figures are abysmal, and Sony is still making a loss on each console sold.

Edit: actually it would seem that the 60gb version is being phased out of production. I don't know if you could consider that a good or a bad thing. Perhaps it means the 80gb will come down in price soon after?

Don't let me put you off though. Considering that PS3s are being sold for less than cost price, that means you are getting a pretty good deal, no matter which version you pick. It just depends on whether you can justify the high cost.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:Hah, don't make me laugh.
You make it sound as if PS3s are flying off the shelves . . . when in actual fact, their sales figures are abysmal, and Sony is still making a loss on each console sold.
Where's the point in my post which says that? I didn't say compared to X360 or Wii, I was comparing the 60GB to the other SKUs.
boganbusman wrote:Edit: actually it would seem that the 60gb version is being phased out of production. I don't know if you could consider that a good or a bad thing. Perhaps it means the 80gb will come down in price soon after?
Congratulations, you just stated the obvious. That's why I said that the 60GB is selling like hotcakes, because they are being discontinued for the 80 and 40. That was announced a month or so ago with the release of the 80, get with the times.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:That's why I said that the 60GB is selling like hotcakes
There is no such thing as a PS3 that sells like hotcakes, that was my point.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Wii's aren't doing too well now that most people are getting over the novelty of them. :>

Proof being that Sony outsold Nintendo for November sales in Japan (where it really matters to both companies), http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsart ... chid=18535 .

Either way, since the price drop (kick off for the 40gig PS3) the sales' rate of Sony's black monolith the PS3 have gone considerably up, 300% or something now.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

The PS3 only beat Wii for a couple of weeks because they released a white version. After all the people who wanted one got their fill, sales dropped back down behind the Wii. This happened in the last week of November, if you look at sales figures.

Overall, from the beginning of this year till now, Wii has outsold PS3 by 3:1 in Japan. The DS has also outsold the PSP by 3:1.

I don't know why you're saying that Wii isn't doing to well now, because Nintendo recently upped production and they are still sold out worldwide. It hasn't even been released in some countries (like China) because they simply don't have enough units to distribute.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:That's why I said that the 60GB is selling like hotcakes
There is no such thing as a PS3 that sells like hotcakes, that was my point.
And my point is that 60GB is most likely selling more than SKUs. However in layman's terms I used the word hotcakes, because everybody loves hotcakes :D and that's how the general saying goes.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

OK thanks guys. :D

Return to “The Games”